TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:12:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albion Christmas Band albums  (Read 5042 times)
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« on: December 03, 2020, 07:46:46 PM »

Hoping someone could help. I’m trying to figure out which from the Christmas band are compilations, and which are official releases. I have Magic Touch, which is a studio album, but also Carols...which I believe is a compilation. I’m trying to reduce duplication as much as possible but with what is available it seems difficult to do. Thanks!

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 07:55:38 PM »

Hoping someone could help. I’m trying to figure out which from the Christmas band are compilations, and which are official releases. I have Magic Touch, which is a studio album, but also Carols...which I believe is a compilation. I’m trying to reduce duplication as much as possible but with what is available it seems difficult to do. Thanks!

I think there are three compilations, Traditional, Carols and Under The Christmas Tree

Five studio albums and one live album.

There are also two Christmas albums and one Christmas themed live album by the Albion Band, prior to the ACB designation.
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 08:04:19 PM »

Thanks Al. For right now I only want the ACB designation ones, of which based on your info, I have the live album, and one studio album (Magic Time), and Carols. So if I avoid Traditional and Under The Christmas Tree, I will have the 5 studio albums then.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 08:09:03 PM »

Yep

An Albion Christmas
Winter Songs
Snow On Snow
A Sound In The Frosty Air

Ashley also has a new seasonal album out with Blair Dunlop & Becky Mills but I haven't heard it yet.
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 08:44:08 PM »

Terrific, thank you.

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 12:29:22 PM »

I don't have Magic Touch - but do have the other studio and live ACB albums.  I'll have to look out for that one.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 01:27:30 PM »

I have them all via Itunes. I added An Albion Christmas last night. Magic Touch is rather good. A beautiful song by Ashley and Ruth Angel called There’s A Light Shining Over Bethlehem, and a version of Christmas Eve 1914 that segues into Silent Night sung in English and German. Very touching.

jonmuse

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 03:08:10 PM »

The compilation albums make great gifts Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: