TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:17:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kevan Furbank - Fairport On Track  (Read 15530 times)
David V B
Order from the other side of the living room

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2020, 10:07:55 PM »

Down to £9.56 on Amazon now
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2020, 12:35:58 PM »

Down to £9.56 on Amazon now

Cheers!
steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2020, 03:00:12 PM »

Full disclosure, I already had the Moody Blues, Genesis and Yes volumes in the series so I knew what to expect.
A potted history of the band, album by album, track by track. So basically a book of opinions - some of which you agree with, some not!
A book to dip in to, to be reminded of some of the great songs, to rediscover some of those you'd forgotten, and revisit some that you wish you could forget (Devil's Work, anyone?).
Nothing earth shattering then, but at less than a tenner well worth a look.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 05:58:43 PM »

My copy of Patrick Humphries' biog arrived today which was much quicker than expected. Had a quick skim - seems like it might be a good read.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2020, 07:21:09 PM »

Mine arrived today. Thinking of reading it backwards so it has a happy ending.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Shane (Skirky)
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2020, 07:41:27 PM »

First thoughts, he could do with some help with his page formatting, and first factual error on page twenty. Phew, I can relax and enjoy the rest of it now.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2020, 07:43:02 PM »

First thoughts, he could do with some help with his page formatting, and first factual error on page twenty. Phew, I can relax and enjoy the rest of it now.

I'm almost tempted to view that as a competition.  Come on people, there has to be a factual error in the first 19pp we can find, eh?   Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Shane (Skirky)
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2020, 07:51:16 PM »

I'm almost tempted to view that as a competition.  Come on people, there has to be a factual error in the first 19pp we can find, eh?   Grin

Bring it on! 😁😄

Shane (Skirky)
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2020, 10:20:56 AM »

I’m pretty much of an accord with most of the above - it’s a good dipper-in but as with most of these collections, it’s difficult to see who its going to appeal to beyond the group’s core constituency. Although there’s reference to the plethora of live albums I would have preferred it if the ‘canon’ albums - Live Convention and Broughton Castle, say, had been included in the main section of the book. There’s a bit too much “Interesting that it is in the key of B with an unusual transposition to A flat major” malarkey, and he’s certainly kinder to some of the latter albums than I would have been, but it’s worth putting on your stocking list.
I see Sonicbond Publishing are looking for contributors to their On Track series - “Mixing fact with in-depth analysis”. I wonder if anyone’s considered an On Track book about the On Track books..?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: