TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:44:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caravan to tour again  (Read 10012 times)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2021, 12:54:32 PM »

yes, I could have done with a tad more accuracy there    Smiley  Lee Pomeroy does a good job in Rick Wakeman's band, so we shall see ...
I'm sure I saw him with Steve Hackett too, when Mr Beggs couldn't make it

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Phil Perry
sufficiently persuaded

Loc: Hertfordshire

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2021, 01:04:23 PM »

BTW there is an (obscure?  Wink ) Caravan / Fairport link. Some of you may not know that ex-Caravan bassist Dek Messecar (who featured on the sub-par "Better By Far" (!) LP) started off in a duo with Jerry Donahue. Apparently their fathers were both in USA armed forces stationed in the UK, which is how the two teenagers became friends. Mr Messecar's talents can be heard to much better effect on the excellent, but sadly ignored, Darryl Way's Wolf albums.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2021, 03:00:22 PM »

BTW there is an (obscure?  Wink ) Caravan / Fairport link. Some of you may not know that ex-Caravan bassist Dek Messecar (who featured on the sub-par "Better By Far" (!) LP) started off in a duo with Jerry Donahue. Apparently their fathers were both in USA armed forces stationed in the UK, which is how the two teenagers became friends. Mr Messecar's talents can be heard to much better effect on the excellent, but sadly ignored, Darryl Way's Wolf albums.

Better by Far certainly isn't well named...  Wink Grin

Not one of Tony Visconti's (or Pye's) better moments.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2022, 06:53:23 PM »

There's obviously not as many Caravan fans with deep pockets as they thought... Burning Shed have it with a £100 off... £175 for 37 discs..... it's a great set too...I'm just annoyed I paid £100 more for it  Wink

https://burningshed.com/store/madfish/caravan_who-do-you-think-we-are_boxset?filter_tag=Caravan&filter_category_id=263

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2022, 12:32:11 PM »

Just in case anyone is heading out...I've seen reports online saying Covid has hit the touring party and Bury St Edmunds at least is off/postponed.  Might be worth checking anyway

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: