TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:45:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crosby stills and Nash  (Read 8127 times)
Wandering Steve

« on: October 06, 2019, 10:02:33 PM »

Quick question if I may
Have any of the above guested at cropredy festival
I have a vague memory of one of them doing a guest slot within the last decade though I may have dreamt it !!
Thanks in advance
PeteD
They choose the path where no one goes...Gercha!

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 10:24:58 PM »

Sorry but it was a dream. Would have been nice though.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 08:46:32 AM »

If only... I think Nash is the only one to have graced a British festival in recent memory...he played Wickham this year, didn't he?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 09:29:24 AM »

I'd be happy* with C, S, N or Y!

* For "happy" read "delirious" !!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 09:59:40 AM »

If only... I think Nash is the only one to have graced a British festival in recent memory...he played Wickham this year, didn't he?
He did, and very good he was too!

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 10:04:17 AM »

CS&N played the Hard Rock festival (or whatever it was then called) in Hyde Park a few years back. I think it was the year that Paul McCartney headlined. I was there but I went to a couple of these so I can't remember who played which year.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 10:17:27 AM »

CS&N played the Hard Rock festival (or whatever it was then called) in Hyde Park a few years back. I think it was the year that Paul McCartney headlined. I was there but I went to a couple of these so I can't remember who played which year.

They played 2010, the year after Neil (I think).  Mumbles "it's not a bloody festival, mind" under his breath as he wanders off...  Wink Smiley Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 10:53:05 AM »

They played 2010, the year after Neil (I think).  Mumbles "it's not a bloody festival, mind" under his breath as he wanders off...  Wink Smiley Grin

That thought crossed my mind before I posted but then, what else do you call an event that lasts for three days and involves thousands of people standing in a field listening to music?

That Neil show was one of the best of my life, certainly the best Neil performance that I have attended, though the Hammersmith show just after Chrome Dreams 2 came out was great too.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 11:59:51 AM »

That thought crossed my mind before I posted but then, what else do you call an event that lasts for three days and involves thousands of people standing in a field listening to music?

That Neil show was one of the best of my life, certainly the best Neil performance that I have attended, though the Hammersmith show just after Chrome Dreams 2 came out was great too.
If you mean the one in 2009 it was, at the time, also the best show I had ever seen by any artist, only superseded by The Cure last year, also at Hyde Park. He was simply stunning.

GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 12:28:29 PM »

If you mean the one in 2009 it was, at the time, also the best show I had ever seen by any artist, only superseded by The Cure last year, also at Hyde Park. He was simply stunning.
[/quote]

I do indeed mean the 2009 show. It was a great year for live music. I had only recently seen the Mott the Hoople reunion at Hammersmith Odeon which I thought could not be beaten. Then there was an astonishing Flaming Lips show in Portsmouth. Everyone was on the top of their game that year. Sadly I don't share your love of the Cure (apart from their very early stuff), despite Robert being a provincial West Sussex boy from my own neck of the woods.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 12:55:10 PM »

I do indeed mean the 2009 show. It was a great year for live music. I had only recently seen the Mott the Hoople reunion at Hammersmith Odeon which I thought could not be beaten. Then there was an astonishing Flaming Lips show in Portsmouth. Everyone was on the top of their game that year. Sadly I don't share your love of the Cure (apart from their very early stuff), despite Robert being a provincial West Sussex boy from my own neck of the woods.

Flaming Lips are on my Bucket List... That was some year Al!

bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 09:56:25 PM »

I went to that too. I saw Stevie Wonder the day before and had no idea who the support bands were...I didn't even think there would be any....and saw the t-shirt listing Elvis Costello, Crowded House and CSN as Macca's support and my face nearly split in half from smiling. As I normally have resting miserable git face when I'm having a good time, this was quite a feat.

Well I never did..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: