TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:19:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thompy - A Winding Road  (Read 11308 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2020, 03:11:55 PM »

Nottingham Rock City (I think) wherein a short cultivation of relations with Clive Gregson resulted in us being invited backstage after the show. Christine Collister was watching a horror movie on TV, and RT was kind, polite, a little shy (or reserved) and dealt very diplomatically with a gentleman who seemed very insistent that he could service his guitars for him. It wasn't a great meeting of minds to be fair - I was so awestruck I'm not sure which of us stammered the most, but he was a very solicitous host. In the end, in the immortal words of the NotW, we made our excuses and left.

Ha - excellent!  So, do you still think you could service his guitars for him, then?  Wink Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2020, 04:26:45 PM »

Also, John Kirkpatrick was very excited about having discovered another variation on the tune for ‘We Plough the Fields and Scatter’ which took it up to a hundred and thirty four, or something.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2020, 10:07:19 PM »

Also, John Kirkpatrick was very excited about having discovered another variation on the tune for ‘We Plough the Fields and Scatter’ which took it up to a hundred and thirty four, or something.
Is it true we now call John Kirkpatrick Tricky or is that Benji Smiley

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: