TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:01:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2019, tickets and who's going  (Read 58002 times)
giottoscircle (Robert)
Water pistoled at the Sooty Show

Loc: Leeds

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 07:54:23 PM »

3 day booked. On foot so no camping ticket needed. Should I cash in my "running away" money for glamping? Hmm?

To answer my own question:No. Running away fund doesn't cover £480
vince42

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 12:26:14 AM »

Cheapskate - not even going luxury Grin

Mind you probably cheaper than renting a campervan plus I do fancy the buggy ride to the arena field.  I wonder if they can pick up from the Brase?
giottoscircle (Robert)
Water pistoled at the Sooty Show

Loc: Leeds

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 09:43:39 AM »

Cheapskate - not even going luxury Grin

Mind you probably cheaper than renting a campervan plus I do fancy the buggy ride to the arena field.  I wonder if they can pick up from the Brase?

I think the buggy ride back from the arena at night is probably more essential
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 04:38:05 PM »

Ticket no. 48, stickers, signed greeting card delivered today.  Smiley Cool

Flobbadob!
Tony Mc

Loc: Funky Fareham

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2018, 01:18:15 PM »

Yup, three day ticket secured. At Bridge medows for camping, booked in August, so can arrive on Wednesday. Looking forward to it.

Yup, Bridge Meadow perfect for flexibility, near the village, and cheaper than the official site. And no issue with arriving on Wednesday.

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand.
Jethro (Derek)

Loc: Cumbria

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2018, 08:54:35 PM »

Two more booked over here. No glamping for us - hoping to be back on Field 4 as usual.  Smiley

Same here. Tickets, sticker and Christmas card arrived yesterday. Bit of a traditionalist, travel overnight Wednesday and try for field 4 or 5 as early as poss Thursday. Been doing it for years, don't feel the need to change now.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2018, 09:29:16 AM »

Two more booked over here. No glamping for us - hoping to be back on Field 4 as usual.  Smiley

Same here. Tickets, sticker and Christmas card arrived yesterday. Bit of a traditionalist, travel overnight Wednesday and try for field 4 or 5 as early as poss Thursday. Been doing it for years, don't feel the need to change now.

Same as us.

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2018, 03:39:35 PM »

I see all the Glamping has now sold out!
Jethro (Derek)

Loc: Cumbria

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2018, 04:59:41 PM »

Same as us.

Grin
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2018, 05:20:56 PM »

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the glamping facility could change the dynamic/clientele of the festival?

hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2018, 06:38:42 PM »

Undecided

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the glamping facility could change the dynamic/clientele of the festival?

Think Larmar Tree, think Latitude.
They’ll be spraying the sheep purple next! Grin
Then a nice little VIP area down the front
....and a seperate bar for performers so you can meet the artists ...if you have bought a VIP ticket!
Don’t worry it won’t happen while Simon and Peggy are there......though it is a model for some gigs and fests.
I won’t post a link but have a look at the Consequence of Sound website . They review fests including VIP areas. Some of which charge 10 times normal admission.
Your own entrance, your own viewing area , drinks package etc.
It does reinforce how special Cropredy is. One stage. You can take in your own alcohol and water. Artists mixing with ‘punters’. You can sit down. Etc
I have attended a lot of other larger fests...trust me Cropredy is very special.
.....and Lorna , I think the clientele/ dynamic is continually changing. We will see what a more ‘ traditional Cropredy line up’ attracts this year.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 06:59:30 PM by hendo (Dave) » Logged
YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

Loc: West Sussex

and mastery demands a certain style

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2018, 09:36:56 PM »

I would have thought it's exactly what's needed to keep the clientèle. At 60+ crawling into a little tent in a tempest wears a bit thin. Glamping is probably a minimum standard.

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2018, 09:52:18 PM »

I would have thought it's exactly what's needed to keep the clientèle. At 60+ crawling into a little tent in a tempest wears a bit thin. Glamping is probably a minimum standard.

I didn’t say negative or positive, was just wondering. Throwing it out there.  Smiley
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2018, 07:41:05 AM »

Well, apart from the fact I couldn't afford it, I would agree that this facility would be welcome to those of us who may be struggling healthwise. I'm keeping an open mind, though.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Dad Volt
Disturber of the Peace
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Preston Lancs

Same as before!

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2018, 08:23:33 AM »

No. This year I was at Cropredy in my little one man tent having backpacked down from Lancashire on the train. Next year I will be glamping,I'm the same person. There were a 60 bell tents available (I think),if each one holds a maximum of 4 people,that gives 240 punters. If we assume an attendance of 20000 you have just over 1% of the campers in that field. I suspect a number of these would be people who did B&B elsewhere previously. Obviously the changes in demographic are relevant as someone else has said but that has always been the case,I've been going to Cropredy on and off since 1989 and I've certainly changed. I'll promise to behave badly just like always though.  Fez Fez

Happy mainly.
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2018, 09:23:05 AM »

Grin

That’s reassuring.
Wardi

Loc: N.Yorkshire

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2018, 09:32:20 AM »

Glamping.. I too suspect it is the same punters who have been attending Cropredy for years. Me & the Mrs and our two chums have been attending since the early 80's, indeed in my Cropredy debut I slept in the back of a small car  Undecided.  In our case it is not a health decision (we are athletic types) we simply thought we would treat ourselves to this new level of luxury and see if it enhances our enjoyment of the festival.
I can assure Dad Volt that we too are very well behaved - I will be the chap in the black velvet smoking jacket and cravat clutching a glass of Pimms, occasionally dipping into our Fortnum & Mason hamper for fine cheeses and other treats.  I don't have any green wellies though, this must be attended to.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2018, 11:12:09 AM »

Glamping.. I too suspect it is the same punters who have been attending Cropredy for years. Me & the Mrs and our two chums have been attending since the early 80's, indeed in my Cropredy debut I slept in the back of a small car  Undecided.  In our case it is not a health decision (we are athletic types) we simply thought we would treat ourselves to this new level of luxury and see if it enhances our enjoyment of the festival.
I can assure Dad Volt that we too are very well behaved - I will be the chap in the black velvet smoking jacket and cravat clutching a glass of Pimms, occasionally dipping into our Fortnum & Mason hamper for fine cheeses and other treats.  I don't have any green wellies though, this must be attended to.

Frankly, this is the level of sophistication to which we all aspire. I once saw FC at an outdoor show in Great Hadham to which someone had transported a dinner table, complete with candelabra, around which a party of evening-dressed and dinner-suited folk had a substantial three course meal. More of this sort of thing, I say!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2018, 06:07:50 PM »

Frankly, this is the level of sophistication to which we all aspire. I once saw FC at an outdoor show in Great Hadham to which someone had transported a dinner table, complete with candelabra, around which a party of evening-dressed and dinner-suited folk had a substantial three course meal. More of this sort of thing, I say!

Don,t ask me the year, it is lost in the murk of history  but there was one year we were camped next to some guys on Field 2 who had a standard lamp , couch, coffee table which we helped to transport to the fest field on our wheelbarrow(!!!!!! there were 18 of us we transported a lot of stuff!) whilst humming the theme from the Dambusters , with the necessary wing men! Happy days
Oh , and the standard lamp worked. Car battery!
Swamp Donkey (Keith)

Loc: Bedfordshire

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2018, 06:26:34 PM »

Yes, I remember coming across this as I crossed the field. A touch of class and what a laugh.

Well it's turned out nice again!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: