TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:41:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2019 Lineup  (Read 123631 times)
arie

« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2018, 03:01:43 PM »

As we're dreaming, I think The Turtles with Flo & Eddie ( Afro  Shocked ) would be perfect for Cropredy.

Probably too expensive with the whole band they tour with. On the other hand I seem to remember that they have separate bands for the west- as well as the east coast in the USA, so an all English band with lots of FC and associates would not be impossible......
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2018, 03:32:37 PM »

Sparks - great idea
Rod and Colin - great idea
Flo and Eddie - bladdy marvelous idea

Well I never did..
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2018, 04:25:13 PM »

Sparks - great idea

How's about Mark Knopler with John McCusker and Michael McGoldrick in the band?
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »

Can I add a suggestion for Sparks please?

Also, Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent - they tour together and have a great back catalogue of music to entertain us with!

Great call - saw The Zombies at the now defunct Wickerman a few years back, and they were fab. Included a light bulb moment when Mr A told us not to sing along  'Hold your head up woooah'  but  'Hold your head up woman'.   Never knew.  Sparks would be so much fun.  

Interesting...looked up a number of different lyric sites and some say”hold your head up, woman” and others say “hold your head up, oh”. Now have to listen to it myself (but I always thought it was wo-oh  Grin

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Albie
or tea, if that is your cup of tea
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2018, 04:55:28 PM »

Also, Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent - they tour together and have a great back catalogue of music to entertain us with!

Great call - saw The Zombies at the now defunct Wickerman a few years back, and they were fab. Included a light bulb moment when Mr A told us not to sing along  'Hold your head up woooah'  but  'Hold your head up woman'.   Never knew.  Sparks would be so much fun.  

Interesting...looked up a number of different lyric sites and some say”hold your head up, woman” and others say “hold your head up, oh”. Now have to listen to it myself (but I always thought it was wo-oh  Grin

I saw The Zombies a few years back and Rod made the same comment, that we should sing along properly, and not do it wrong as we have been for decades.  Roll Eyes

Zombies would be great, but can I cast a vote against Sparks, as if anyone takes any notice of owt that's said on here.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2018, 05:00:04 PM »

Zombies?  I'd get excited about the original band doing Odessey as happened a few years back, but the normal touring outfit left me pretty cold when I saw them.  Everyone I know raves about Sparks live, but I've never seen them myself.  First single I bought (No1SiH)!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2018, 05:34:28 PM »

Sparks - great idea

How's about Mark Knopler with John McCusker and Michael McGoldrick in the band?

That would be beyond amazing!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2018, 07:22:45 PM »

Interesting...looked up a number of different lyric sites and some say ”hold your head up, woman” and others say “hold your head up, oh”.

Ask Jeremy Corbyn which he sings.   Grin

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Tom64

Loc: Munich

« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2018, 08:05:12 PM »

That would be wonderful! I saw them twice in the last 13 months and both times they were incredibly good!
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2018, 12:06:21 AM »

Interesting...looked up a number of different lyric sites and some say ”hold your head up, woman” and others say “hold your head up, oh”.

Jules
Grin  Grin

I’ve always sung “woman”

Mark Knopfler would also be great. I’m sure they have the budget for a couple of big names.

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2018, 07:15:19 AM »

Jules

That was a bit of a coffee snorter...I've got to change my t-shirt now.

Well I never did..
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2018, 10:05:31 AM »

Jules
Grin  Grin

I’ve always sung “woman”

Mark Knopfler would also be great.

*sings* Hold your head up, Mark Knopfler... No, I don’t think it really works, but a good suggestion nontheless.   Grin

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2018, 11:10:46 AM »

Jules
Grin  Grin

I’ve always sung “woman”

*sings* Hold your head up, Mark Knopfler... No, I don’t think it really works, but a good suggestion nontheless.   Grin
LOL!!! Of course what I meant was "Hold your head up, Knopfler"? It scans ok....

Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2018, 11:27:09 AM »

[/quote]LOL!!! Of course what I meant was "Hold your head up, Knopfler"? It scans ok....

[/quote]

Arf!

In all seriousness, I think you’re allowed to sing anything as long as you remember to accompany it with a dramatic flourish on the air keyboard.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Tony Mc

Loc: Funky Fareham

« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2019, 10:57:27 AM »

Wickham always manage to announce well before Cropredy, and its fair to say some of the acts travel the 50 miles or so up the A34 to Cropredy the following weekend. LEVEL 42 THE PROCLAIMERS GILBERT O’SULLIVAN JUDY COLLINS RALPH MCTELL LINDISFARNE. You have been warned.

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2019, 11:10:58 AM »

Wickham always manage to announce well before Cropredy, and its fair to say some of the acts travel the 50 miles or so up the A34 to Cropredy the following weekend. LEVEL 42 THE PROCLAIMERS GILBERT O’SULLIVAN JUDY COLLINS RALPH MCTELL LINDISFARNE. You have been warned.
I'd be happy with all of those to he honest

Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2019, 01:24:53 PM »

So who do you think is the most likely contender to play Cropredy this year? RT is always there but I’d be surprised if he did another solo slot in 2019. Gilbert would be good and I wouldn’t be surprised if Lindisfarne were added to the bill. Would really love to see Judy Collins.

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2019, 06:23:10 PM »

So who do you think is the most likely contender to play Cropredy this year? RT is always there but I’d be surprised if he did another solo slot in 2019. Gilbert would be good and I wouldn’t be surprised if Lindisfarne were added to the bill. Would really love to see Judy Collins.

No he's not.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2019, 06:40:29 PM »

No he's not.

Sorry fat fingers! I meant RM as in Ralph McTell. He’s always in attendance if not on stage

hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2019, 10:42:55 PM »

Not sure if this is the right page to post but....
I haven’t been to Cropredy last 2 years while there has been music on field 8.
I see that this year John Palmer and Wendy Ross are playing field 8 as a duo.
I first saw The John Palmer Acoustic Band at a festival in the Lakes 4 yrs ago. Wendy plays fiddle in the band. They genuinely blew me away.
I rate John as a top songwriter , have a listen to ‘ Another Friday night in a Northern Town.’His gigs are mainly oop north so I can only recommend you see him. Wendy is also a member of Magna Carta.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: