TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:39:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2019 Lineup  (Read 123659 times)
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2018, 08:26:17 PM »

Looks like we’ll all have to wait until February for the full line-up according to the FC website  Embarrassed

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2018, 08:41:12 AM »

Well I hope you do..it would be good to see you in real life, I'll buy you a pint or three.

I've always liked you, Mike.

Jules
FGS get yerselves a room lads!!!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2018, 08:57:45 AM »

Well I hope you do..it would be good to see you in real life, I'll buy you a pint or three.

Jules

I don't know about a room, but there's always the possibility of the beginning of an intents relationship.
And it's way past time I actually meet up with you, so you may well get a glass of something too.

Well I never did..
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2018, 10:08:02 AM »

Jules

I don't know about a room, but there's always the possibility of the beginning of an intents relationship.
And it's way past time I actually meet up with you, so you may well get a glass of something too.
We'll be at the cricket club at the usual time (usual for us is about 12.30) Smiley  Tiara

Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2018, 10:40:53 AM »

Looks like we’ll all have to wait until February for the full line-up according to the FC website  Embarrassed

Last year was similar and Brian Wilson wasn’t announced until mid-March. I think this year we have had more of the lineup listed than usual?

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2018, 10:59:50 AM »

Last year was similar and Brian Wilson wasn’t announced until mid-March. I think this year we have had more of the lineup listed than usual?

You are right. The first announcement last year consisted of6 acts but we’ve had double that this year. I reckon we can still look forward to another 6 or so acts to be revealed and I still expect a big (-ish?) name as a headliner. I reckon The Waterboys will headline Friday but we could still have a big name for Thursday maybe?

Angela
all that hair bobbing about
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lost in Kent

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2018, 12:48:09 PM »

Superb line-up, well done Fairport.  Just have to hope for good weather!!
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2018, 03:02:40 PM »

Will the day be warm and bright, or will it snow?
There are people waiting here who really want to know

......Caravan

https://youtu.be/_CqLRXZdnb4/

Edit: hopefully fixed link!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 03:20:20 PM by jude » Logged

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
andrew c

Loc: Leicester

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2018, 04:12:43 PM »

You are right. The first announcement last year consisted of6 acts but we’ve had double that this year. I reckon we can still look forward to another 6 or so acts to be revealed and I still expect a big (-ish?) name as a headliner. I reckon The Waterboys will headline Friday but we could still have a big name for Thursday maybe?

From The Waterboys website:
WATERBOYS FOR CROPREDY 2019

The Waterboys will return to Fairport Convention's Cropredy Festival, held annually in Cropredy, Oxfordshire, England, this coming August. The Waterboys last played Cropredy in 2014 and this year they will headline the first night, Thurs 8 August. Headliners on Friday and Saturday are Richard Thompson (Fri) and Fairport Convention (Sat).
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2018, 04:35:32 PM »

From The Waterboys website:
WATERBOYS FOR CROPREDY 2019

The Waterboys will return to Fairport Convention's Cropredy Festival, held annually in Cropredy, Oxfordshire, England, this coming August. The Waterboys last played Cropredy in 2014 and this year they will headline the first night, Thurs 8 August. Headliners on Friday and Saturday are Richard Thompson (Fri) and Fairport Convention (Sat).

Oh! thanks for this. Happy with line up so far but actually I’m a little disappointed that no new big names are likely to be added to the bill (hope I’m wrong)

Wandering Steve

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2018, 04:43:28 PM »

You would want one more major headliner if there is any hope of not suffering a repeat of the poor sales of this year.
I’m sorry but as much as I like Richard Thompson and fairport,seeing basically the same people headline Friday and Saturday is no way to sell a festival.

RT has headlined recently and whilst I look forward to his set with the same musicians as Saturday I hope it is a prelude to a big headline act.

If this isn’t the case I can see there being plenty of space on the field and plenty of people attending to go to the brase rather than the festival itself

You would have hoped lessons would have been learned from whoever is/isn’t running things this year.
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2018, 04:46:31 PM »

You would want one more major headliner if there is any hope of not suffering a repeat of the poor sales of this year.
I’m sorry but as much as I like Richard Thompson and fairport,seeing basically the same people headline Friday and Saturday is no way to sell a festival.

RT has headlined recently and whilst I look forward to his set with the same musicians as Saturday I hope it is a prelude to a big headline act.

If this isn’t the case I can see there being plenty of space on the field and plenty of people attending to go to the brase rather than the festival itself

You would have hoped lessons would have been learned from whoever is/isn’t running things this year.

My thoughts entirely

RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2018, 05:01:11 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but when is the last time Richard actually headlined on any night? I don't think its all that recent unless I'm forgetting a year.  You can still have a top act not actually headline but still bring some buzz to the field at any time of the day. And that might be where you get a few more 'name' acts. I'd say its off to a really solid start with positive buzz and good ticket sales already (judging by the people lamenting Field 8 selling out).

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
StephenB
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2018, 05:06:13 PM »

"Correct me if I'm wrong please, but when is the last time Richard actually headlined on any night?"

Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2018, 05:20:24 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but when is the last time Richard actually headlined on any night? I don't think its all that recent unless I'm forgetting a year.  You can still have a top act not actually headline but still bring some buzz to the field at any time of the day. And that might be where you get a few more 'name' acts. I'd say its off to a really solid start with positive buzz and good ticket sales already (judging by the people lamenting Field 8 selling out).

I wasn’t saying I was hoping for a big name headliner just that I was looking forward to a big name being announced. I still live in hope   Grin

Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2018, 05:34:24 PM »

Well, I'm hoping for a Big Name Act too.

It's a good line-up but it's not a great line-up IMHO. It needs an Alice, or Madness or similar

Nice as it is to have the field reasonably quiet all weekend (more space, less queues etc) it needs to be busy to make money and keep going.

There are gaps on all days so will wait with baited breath for the next announcement. I have plenty to keep me busy until then Smiley

mrtwittwoo
n3wb

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2018, 06:39:07 PM »

I’m still waiting for Horslips to come out for an encore. If gets cold in the field this time of year !
Tony Pim

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2018, 07:16:26 PM »

Waterboys and Seth are good enough for me, I know it is sacrilegious but I’ve never really made it through an entire RT slot - usually end up at the bar or in the village , I’ll be surprised if he headlines. Delighted to get the chance to see Caravan.  Whilst a repeat of 2014 would live Steve Hackett to appear  before Waterboys

and the stars look very different today
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2018, 07:43:07 PM »

Waterboys and Seth are good enough for me, I know it is sacrilegious but I’ve never really made it through an entire RT slot - usually end up at the bar or in the village , I’ll be surprised if he headlines. Delighted to get the chance to see Caravan.  Whilst a repeat of 2014 would live Steve Hackett to appear  before Waterboys

You took the words out of my mouth! I thought I was the only one not to get through an entire RT set at Cropredy. Also looking forward to seeing Caravan and what a good call for SH before the Waterboys  Smiley

StephenB
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2018, 07:55:24 PM »

I'd love to see Hackett after the Waterboys .

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: