TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:58:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2019 Lineup  (Read 123652 times)
Tony Pim

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2018, 07:22:07 PM »

Waterboys will headline one night and I’d be very happy with Seth being the other.  So much to look forward to already.

Can anyone share the Brase line up so far ? Delighted if Merry Hell are back there.

Bar Steward Sons of Val Doonican
Krankschaft
Galley Beggar
David Cross and David Jackson
Merry Hell
Orphan Colours

Thanks Mike - it's looking fabulous

Just playing (loudly) Out of all this Blue in celebration.  

and the stars look very different today
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2018, 07:26:15 PM »

Christine joined RT at Towersey this year for a few songs - totally unrehearsed, apparently, though it didn't show - which was amazing.  Seeing him with the ex-Fairporters always excites me more than seeing him with his own band, tbh.

Wondering if Seth Lakeman and Wildwood Kin will be on the same day - they recorded an album together, so that would be another good hookup, if they were to join him for some of his set.

It's looking good to me so far.  Never heard any Caravan - any ideas on where to start?

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2018, 07:29:53 PM »

If I could hear Caravan doing all of Nine Feet Underground  I'd go home a very happy camper. Yaayy. The rest is pretty good for a first call. Let's hope they don't drag it all out too long like they did last year..

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2018, 07:32:19 PM »

Still hoping a certain Mr R Plant will headline Thursday but happy at today’s announcement  Smiley

Born to Run (but not very fast)
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2018, 07:40:01 PM »

It's looking good to me so far.  Never heard any Caravan - any ideas on where to start?

In The Land of Grey & Pink is their classic
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »

Great looking line up. I'd go to that.

But I won't.

Well, yeah.  Me too, but if I was going I'd be excited  Grin

So why not turn your excitement into reality?

Well in my case, because initial excitement usually metastacizes into dread and anxiety in recent times so the qualifier is, I'd go to that if it was closer to home, with covered stages, fewer people, was less expensive and did not involve camping.
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2018, 08:08:06 PM »

Great looking line up. I'd go to that.

But I won't.

Well, yeah.  Me too, but if I was going I'd be excited  Grin

So why not turn your excitement into reality?

Well in my case, because initial excitement usually metastacizes into dread and anxiety in recent times so the qualifier is, I'd go to that if it was closer to home, with covered stages, fewer people, was less expensive and did not involve camping.

OK Al I can understand that but as a relatively reticent type 1 diabetic with a kidney transplant, only one eye (with 75% vision in that too), hypertension and living in north east Essex (so a good 2 1/2 hours drive away) and a dislike of camping, I still make the effort...actually I stay in a hotel near Daventry  Grin but can understand your reasons as I refuse to go to the BST concerts in Hyde Park despite but a great desire to see many of the artists but the hassle factor is too much...Cropredy is special though

StephenB
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2018, 08:15:38 PM »

In The Land of Grey & Pink is their classic

Absolutely, by a mile. And I just Googled and it looks like it features heavily in their recent setlists

andrew c

Loc: Leicester

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2018, 09:35:10 PM »

YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!WATERBOYS!!!! THOMPSON!!!SETH LAKEMAN!!!
just need to get Loudon on for the Satuday afto slot
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2018, 10:08:04 PM »

http://www.hellodesign.co.uk/clients/fairport/nov2018/fcc40.png

We can also surmise the main logo of the Cropredy 2019 t shirt!

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2018, 10:36:27 PM »

Looks pretty damn good to me!

See you at the cricket club  Cheesy

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2018, 10:49:56 PM »

Looks good to me.

What does Zal Cleminson's band play? I would love to hear some classic SAHB.

Paul

Bernie

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2018, 01:58:47 AM »

I love it on here that people who are absolutely not attending put in a comment.....I do not think that the Waterboys will be the headliners on the Thursday night. There surely must be more to come?...
StephenB
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2018, 03:03:11 AM »

"There surely must be more to come?..."
Like mark Knopfler, and Fruupp reunited  ??

(Sorry, just dreaming...)

Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2018, 07:02:58 AM »

I love it on here that people who are absolutely not attending put in a comment.....I do not think that the Waterboys will be the headliners on the Thursday night. There surely must be more to come?...

Totally agree...if you’re not coming then that must limit the validity of your comment? I now expect a torrent of abuse for that  Shocked and also think the Waterboys will not headline Thursday but could be pencilled in for Friday in the headliner spot occupied by the Levellers this year. But also desperately hope we don’t get the muted set that they dished up!

bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2018, 07:35:43 AM »

Looks good to me.

What does Zal Cleminson's band play? I would love to hear some classic SAHB.

Paul

He did a couple of SAHB tracks at the Brase - no spoilers - but differently to the originals. His original intention was to do none of the old stuff, so that may change.

Well I never did..
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2018, 07:37:07 AM »

I happen to think my opinion (20 Cropredy appearances 1984-2010) is as valid as the next person's, Bernie.  As it would be if I hadn't been to a single one....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2018, 08:52:06 AM »

Bernie, as someone with 25 (!i think) Cropredies behind me , I am simply replying because you annoyed me. In the last 6 years I missed the last 2 years cos I was gigging at other fests. For a couple of those years I just did the fringe , including playing the fringe for 4 consecutive years.
I love RT , I have seen him a lot, but will see him this year at Folkeast.
Love the Waterboys but have seen them a lot, as recently as this year.
Always enjoy Seth but have seen him a lot.
For me it is always about unknown bands further down the list and the Brase is already looking strong.
People told me Zal was stunning at the Brase last year.
So I'll see if we get a gig, if not then I'll have a think but my 'right' to have an opinion can be argued about but I will have an opinion.
I think the small mindedness of some Cropredy goers,' you can't have an opinion unless you go' ,being a prime example , is what put me off, these days.
As my wife ( 20 Cropredies) said in 2013 , 'it's become like a primary teachers day out.' Harsh , but I know what she means. It's become a bit polite!
 Seried banks of chairs. Don't stand, don't dance, have your chair 8.3 centimetres from our chairs.....take your hankies for the Digance Morris , have bands you can sing along to.....Hold hands with your partner as you walk onto the field so you don't get lost , but don't get in front of headteacher, Mr Nicol and do your nice anorak up or you won't feel the benefit! Ok I exaggerate for  ,hopefully, humorous purposes....l
Bernie, I cannot express how much I loved Cropredy, how much it meant to me... My best male mate's ashes are on that field ( 20 Cropredies together), which I put there during MOTL in 2012... So I'll stop ranting but don't ever tell anyone they can't voice an opinion....
Incidentally Bernie, bung an avatar up, if you are going to have an opinion at least have the bottle to put your face to it. Love and cuddles..,Dave!
Sorry Colin.....'I'm better now!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:10:45 AM by hendo (Dave) » Logged
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2018, 09:16:36 AM »

Bernie, as someone with 25 (!i think) Cropredies behind me , I am simply replying because you annoyed me. In the last 6 years I missed the last 2 years cos I was gigging at other fests. For a couple of those years I just did the fringe , including playing the fringe for 4 consecutive years.
I love RT , I have seen him a lot, but will see him this year at Folkeast.
Love the Waterboys but have seen them a lot, as recently as this year.
Always enjoy Seth but have seen him a lot.
For me it is always about unknown bands further down the list and the Brase is already looking strong.
People told me Zal was stunning at the Brase last year.
So I'll see if we get a gig, if not then I'll have a think but my 'right' to have an opinion can be argued about but I will have an opinion.
I think the small mindedness of some Cropredy goers,' you can't have an opinion unless you go' ,being a prime example , is what put me off, these days.
As my wife ( 20 Cropredies) said in 2013 , 'it's become like a primary teachers day out.' Harsh , but I know what she means. It's become a bit polite!
 Seried banks of chairs. Don't stand, don't dance, have your chair 8.3 centimetres from our chairs.....take your hankies for the Digance Morris , have bands you can sing along to.....Hold hands with your partner as you walk onto the field so you don't get lost , but don't get in front of headteacher, Mr Nicol and do your nice anorak up or you won't feel the benefit! Ok I exaggerate for  ,hopefully, humorous purposes....l
Bernie, I cannot express how much I loved Cropredy, how much it meant to me... My best male mate's ashes are on that field ( 20 Cropredies together), which I put there during MOTL in 2012... So I'll stop ranting but don't ever tell anyone they can't voice an opinion....
Incidentally Bernie, bung an avatar up, if you are going to have an opinion at least have the bottle to put your face to it. Love and cuddles..,Dave!
Sorry Colin.....'I'm better now!

Agreed, at what point are people "qualified" to have an opinion about Cropredy ? Having been to 1 festival ? After 5 ? Double figures ?

Says I with "only" 14 Cropredys behind me - had I been a) old enough and b) discovered FC and the festival earlier I'm sure I would have gone to a whole lot more !

Btw, back on thread : lineup looking not bad so far, but I'll make a decision whether to go based on the full bill.
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2018, 09:42:51 AM »

Now now *slightly glares at vague people*
It's only been ONE day since the first bit of the lineup has been announced and already a bit of squabbling has broken out.

So let's have a cup of tea and and a biscuit and be nice

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: