TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:36:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Autumn Tour  (Read 9162 times)
Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« on: October 03, 2018, 01:21:38 PM »

They are doing a short Autumn tour over the next week or so, does anyone know whether this is accoustic or electronic? I can't seem to find this info anywhere.

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 01:43:25 PM »

I suspect it will be Acoustic as usual when not the wintour.

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 02:02:28 PM »

The Gloucester Cathedral gig last year was acoustic, so I agree it'll likely be the same this autumn...

Flobbadob!
DawnG

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 11:21:39 PM »

A sold out Norden Farm tonight was acoustic
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 08:56:10 PM »

Any other comments yet - set list, good, bad, indifferent?

DW
David W
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 10:29:14 PM »

Very good night at the Core in Solihull. I don't have a full set list but largely pre 1980 with a couple of later treats. As far as recent tracks go I am afraid the inclusion of Bus, Devils Work and Summer by the Cherwell didnt stack up. I haven't seen a full set by the acoustic lineup before and was very impressed, Simon especially played beautifully, he seemed freed up from the demands of playing electric and his acoustic playing was delicate  and precise with a sublime  Fotheringay. Peggy as always delivered a bass master class and Gerry delivered great persuasion with a combination of digital and acoustic set and a great solo lead into Matty. Chris,was solid if a little subdued tonight and Ric was clearly pleased to be back on home turf - even if his stand up comedy set wore a little thin.

Maybe not a classic night of Fairport folk rock but for me the acoustic version seems more suitable to the current version of the band, not trying to be who and what they are not any more.

DW
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 06:47:26 AM »

Very good night at the Core in Solihull. I don't have a full set list but largely pre 1980 with a couple of later treats. As far as recent tracks go I am afraid the inclusion of Bus, Devils Work and Summer by the Cherwell didnt stack up. I haven't seen a full set by the acoustic lineup before and was very impressed, Simon especially played beautifully, he seemed freed up from the demands of playing electric and his acoustic playing was delicate  and precise with a sublime  Fotheringay. Peggy as always delivered a bass master class and Gerry delivered great persuasion with a combination of digital and acoustic set and a great solo lead into Matty. Chris,was solid if a little subdued tonight and Ric was clearly pleased to be back on home turf - even if his stand up comedy set wore a little thin.

Maybe not a classic night of Fairport folk rock but for me the acoustic version seems more suitable to the current version of the band, not trying to be who and what they are not any more.

DW

Sadly (for me, and others) I think that is spot on.  This is who they are.  Lump it or leave it...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
David W
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 09:31:23 AM »

DW

Sadly (for me, and others) I think that is spot on.  This is who they are.  Lump it or leave it...

I think if you know that is what you will get it is fine but anyone expecting electric Fairport may have been disappointed - perhaps they should remember to use the "acoustic" tag on their publicity.

DW
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 12:57:25 PM »

Fairport in Leicester last night were, as ever, just perfect for me.  
Lots of oldies, some great newish songs, fab tunes.
Even with the lurgy they all played their best as they always do.
MOTL was dedicated beautifully by Simon to Maart which filled me up 😥

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 11:30:14 AM »

Any comment about MOTL's 50th anniversary?

RT has every night & seems pretty proud (if bemused!)

Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 08:47:43 PM »

Bridport  Arts Centre have just announced Fairport on 12th Oct 2019. Fairly small venue already about one third sold out. Unsure why they chose this venue rather than the rather excellent Electric Palace a few doors down which has a far greater capacity and they have virtually filled the last 3 years. Not complaining because I have secured my tickets.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: