TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:49:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Off The Pegg  (Read 46926 times)
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2019, 08:24:49 PM »

Mr Banks didn't come out of that very well.

That's because he's clearly a massive knob end.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2019, 08:59:26 AM »

Mr Banks didn't come out of that very well.

That's because he's clearly a massive knob end.

Jules
But a hugely talented knob end who has created some of my favourite music....  Undecided

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2019, 10:45:18 AM »

And how much should it matter? I think my enjoyment of, say, Firth of Fifth over all those years would have been severly diminished if I as I listened I was thinkng, "lovely piano bit here, but naah, massive knob end... here's the guitar solo - wow, this is mindblowing, and he's such an all-round nice guy...wow. Winding down now - oh no,  here comes the knob end with his tinkly wee piano piano again grrr  can he not take a hint? He's ruined it now..

Just sayin...

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2019, 11:24:28 AM »

And how much should it matter? I think my enjoyment of, say, Firth of Fifth over all those years would have been severly diminished if I as I listened I was thinkng, "lovely piano bit here, but naah, massive knob end... here's the guitar solo - wow, this is mindblowing, and he's such an all-round nice guy...wow. Winding down now - oh no,  here comes the knob end with his tinkly wee piano piano again grrr  can he not take a hint? He's ruined it now..

Just sayin...
We've had similar discussions on this before (I think Ted Nugent started it!). I don't think personality or politics should spoil your enjoyment of a person or group's music but that's just my opinion!

I'm off to listen to Firth of Fifth again  Grin

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2019, 11:49:50 AM »

Just sayin...
We've had similar discussions on this before (I think Ted Nugent started it!). I don't think personality or politics should spoil your enjoyment of a person or group's music but that's just my opinion!

Absolutely agree Bridg!

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Albie
or tea, if that is your cup of tea
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2019, 10:30:21 PM »

Just sayin...

I didn't realise you knew Ted Nugent. I wouldn't have kept it so quiet if I knew him, you should have shouted it from the rooftops.
Anyway, what I say about Ted is, nobody who falls out with Piers Morgan can be all that bad.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2019, 03:20:35 PM »

Just sayin...

I didn't realise you knew Ted Nugent. I wouldn't have kept it so quiet if I knew him, you should have shouted it from the rooftops.
Anyway, what I say about Ted is, nobody who falls out with Piers Morgan can be all that bad.

Two loathsome blokes fall out. Big deal.

The Dude abides
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2019, 11:58:59 AM »

Reading this whilst on my hols. I pretty much echo what others have said; great stories but crikey, never has a book needed an editor so much. Much repeating (Peggy living in Cropredy near Swarb must have come up at least four times) and the non-sequential nature of the narrative really jars. A directors cut is required!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: