TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:02:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RT Autumn Tour  (Read 21124 times)
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2018, 09:17:29 PM »

Just been to The Sage, Gateshead.

Quite a trip!

I would walk 500 miles to see RT...but I drove 730 miles (round trip) instead.

Worth every mile!
Peter Allen

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2018, 10:36:39 AM »

seeing him on Sunday in Oxford  Cheesy

We shall be there too!

Don't miss the support act , partly because you've paid to see them , but that might just be a Yorkshire thing , but mostly because Joan Shelley and Nathan Salsburg are terrific artists and fully worth your attention .Big queue at the end of their set for merchandise , so it can't just be me
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2018, 06:22:57 PM »

We shall be there too!

Don't miss the support act , partly because you've paid to see them , but that might just be a Yorkshire thing , but mostly because Joan Shelley and Nathan Salsburg are terrific artists and fully worth your attention .Big queue at the end of their set for merchandise , so it can't just be me

They were really great...I felt I would have liked to hear some of their music and get to know it before seeing them live again.

I like how they play guitar in harmony rather than one being lead and one rhythm. She has a beautiful voice...I had hoped she might join RT for something like a Heart Needs a Home with a male/female duet!
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2018, 02:17:03 PM »

We shall be there too!

They were really great...I felt I would have liked to hear some of their music and get to know it before seeing them live again.

I like how they play guitar in harmony rather than one being lead and one rhythm. She has a beautiful voice...I had hoped she might join RT for something like a Heart Needs a Home with a male/female duet!

How right you are.  She has a lovely voice.  Sadly, they weren’t selling any merch at Southend, because the theatre wanted to take too large a slice of their sales.  The Cliffs Pavilion was a lovely venue, but the staff were rather officious.  The usherettes were buzzing round all evening, stopping people taking photographs, etc.

A great performance as usual from RT.  After playing ‘Wall of Death’, he mentioned that the lyrics were inspired by his childhood memories of the Kursaal Gardens.  You can get a brief glimpse of the actual Wall of Death in this clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo57RLz46gk   The WoD appears at about 3.30.  
By coincidence, we had wandered round the Kursaal building in the afternoon.  It has a plaque stating that the Kursaal had the first female lion tamer in the country and the first female wall-of-death rider!

John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2019, 06:07:43 PM »

RT is due to appear at the Kerrville Folk Festival (a short distance southwest of Austin) on May 26, making his first Austin-adjacent appearance since 2013 (6 long years).

He's come near since then, opening for Jason Isbell in San Antonio recently, but for reasons I can't fathom we fell off his regular concert rounds.  He dropped off Bonnie Raitt's recent tour before she got here.  I will most likely make the trek, and if the opportunity presents I'll ask why we don't see him more often.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: