TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:05:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RT Electric Trio Gawsworth Hall  (Read 5952 times)
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« on: March 13, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »

RT Electric Trio at Gawsworth Hall on 8th August. Tickets £32.50 plus £1.50 booking fee, which actually sounds quite reasonable by current standards.

https://www.gawsworthhall.com/product/rt/
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 03:03:03 PM »

RT Electric Trio at Gawsworth Hall on 8th August. Tickets £32.50 plus £1.50 booking fee, which actually sounds quite reasonable by current standards.

https://www.gawsworthhall.com/product/rt/

Tempting.  Thanks for the heads up.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 09:53:47 AM »

Be aware the Hall opens at 2pm & seating is unreserved. There is a silly mad rush at 2pm (even a starting line/tape!) for pax to rush & reserve their seats....if you don't want to sit on the grass....you know what you need to do.

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:00:48 AM »

Be aware the Hall opens at 2pm & seating is unreserved. There is a silly mad rush at 2pm (even a starting line/tape!) for pax to rush & reserve their seats....if you don't want to sit on the grass....you know what you need to do.

Oh dear.  Yuk.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 02:45:11 PM »

I didn't find it too bad for his first gig there (couldn't make the second). There were a few people there early to bag the best seats, probably less than a hundred, but we rolled up about half an hour after the place opened, got front row in the centre easily, reserved the seats (well, put our coats on them anyway) and wandered off to look around the hall. Maybe it was worse for his second visit? The seating is quite steeply raked and gives a decent view as long as you're fairly central and not too far back. Might try the grassed area in front of the stage this time anyway as long as the weather is okay.
StephenGiles
much grovelling in the attic

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 09:37:38 PM »

Presumably disabled folks are allowed in first?
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 12:19:57 PM »

They may have their own area to use, but no, I think it's 2pm for everyone

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: