TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:07:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2018 - Turns and Tickets  (Read 319014 times)
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2017, 06:48:19 PM »

Really hoping to get back next year, it's been a while  Grin
Hope so, haven’t seen you for ages!
Not that I remember😂

Do I owe you a pint?  Grin

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
richard58
n3wb

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2017, 08:17:37 PM »

Is it only me who’s happy with the line-up so far then? Levellers, Al Stewart, Sam Kelly...what’s not to like?

Nope, you are not alone.

I like, and have seen, everyone on the bill, however, I'm just a fickle Cropredy goer these days though so I'm awaiting the Thursday headliner before committing!

Bananarama are touring!

I'd have preferred Badly Drawn Boy, Chas & Dave, Joan Armatrading  but I guess this will do.

Bananarama - good shout Wink

Bananarama would be fantastic great party band and who doesn't love a party?

He came like a hero from the factory floor with the sun and moon as gifts.
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2017, 10:35:49 PM »

Really hoping to get back next year, it's been a while  Grin
Hope so, haven’t seen you for ages!

Do I owe you a pint?  Grin

Yes
Martin F

Loc: Bicester

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2017, 11:51:47 PM »

I'm pretty sure there's a place somewhere on the bill for Half Man Half Biscuit.

Do androids dream of electric sheep?
Carl F

Loc: Birmingham

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2017, 12:46:01 AM »

Due to some unfortunate financial circumstances I was planning on pretty much sitting out Cropredy 2018 on the sidelines; not expecting much, bandwise; and just popping down for an extended session at The Fringe on the Saturday. However, with The Levellers announced to celebrate their 30th anniversary and Fish performing "Clutching at Straws" (I'll be seeing him perform that this weekend, but it's important to me that I also see him do so in that field in Oxfordshire with other people I hold close who will appreciate the same), then I suspect that I will come up with sufficient ticket and spending money in the new year to rub more than two coppers together.

Within our group, it's never really in doubt that, somehow or other, we'll always get together for Cropredy, and as soon as "Hiring Fair" or "Who Knows Where the Time Goes" rings out through the darkness at around 11:30pm on the Saturday night we always reflect that, whoever has played, we've always had a really good time together.

Harping Kevin

« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2017, 01:33:57 PM »

I'll be seeing Peggy next week (Dylan Project) and Simon (& Ashley) in the Christmas Albion band. I'll pass on the general thoughts
(BTW mine is yawn)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:46:31 PM by Harping Kevin » Logged
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »

I'll be seeing Peggy next week (Dylan Project) and Simon (& Ashley) in the Christmas Albion band. I'll pass on the general thoughts
(BTW mine is yawn)

Whilst mine also is yawn, what would be the point of that?  It is what it is, and what they want it to be.  Not a lot of point saying so to their face, is there?  Then again, Simon, at least, probably sees it all online anyway...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Tony Mc

Loc: Funky Fareham

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2017, 04:31:58 PM »

I don't see the point in complaining about the line up. I know I will pass judgement on some I like and some I don't, but I think most people on this forum are Cropredy attendees regardless of the acts. It is more than just a music festival that people go to see the bands, they go to see their friends, for the atmosphere, because they go to Cropredy year after year. I have said I will give it a miss this year, regardless of who is on, just to have a break. There are plenty of other festivals I will look at for the acts, but its not like that with Cropredy.  

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand.
Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2017, 11:31:40 AM »

Just ordered our tickets and took about 5 minutes if that. Ticket have reached the 2100s and interested to see a camping ticket number - in the 570s - not sure if this is any indication of numbers of orders. Anticipating getting a car sticker  Smiley

Missed Fish last time round so pleased about that and always happy to see the Levellers, and become acquainted with some new bands in the company of family and friends.

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
PeterJ

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2017, 12:08:29 PM »

I don't see the point in complaining about the line up. I know I will pass judgement on some I like and some I don't, but I think most people on this forum are Cropredy attendees regardless of the acts. It is more than just a music festival that people go to see the bands, they go to see their friends, for the atmosphere, because they go to Cropredy year after year. I have said I will give it a miss this year, regardless of who is on, just to have a break. There are plenty of other festivals I will look at for the acts, but its not like that with Cropredy.  

A qualified yes to that, except that if lots of people politely express a desire for a certain thing, then the powers that be may take notice. Having said that Cropredy has always had regular acts, and if I really can't bear everybody on the bill I definitely won't come, but I don't see that happening for the reasons you also give.

Please could you all request that Alice Cooper, Steve Winwood and The Waterboys should return as soon as possible.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2017, 12:57:21 PM »

I see Tankus the Henge were at Skeggy - they'd go down well at Cropredy.

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2017, 03:00:14 PM »

Saw them ... and they would.
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2017, 03:16:44 PM »

No thanks! I really don't get them- I've tried twice now....All too theatrical and pompous for me...

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2017, 04:51:35 PM »

I would love to see Tankus the Henge at Cropredy - great music and wonderful theatre!

My new favorite live band are The Leylines https://www.theleylinesmusic.co.uk/ who seem to be going down a storm where ever they play. Great fiddle driven tunes , they are a bit like the Leveller's younger siblings.  I am really hoping they may turn up on the list of bands playing. There first album Along the Old Straight Track is absolutely stonking!
Addie
Fizzy beef juice?
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Walsall

Unspoilt By Progress

« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2017, 06:24:21 PM »

I would love to see Tankus the Henge at Cropredy - great music and wonderful theatre!

My new favorite live band are The Leylines https://www.theleylinesmusic.co.uk/ who seem to be going down a storm where ever they play. Great fiddle driven tunes , they are a bit like the Leveller's younger siblings.  I am really hoping they may turn up on the list of bands playing. There first album Along the Old Straight Track is absolutely stonking!

Good friends of mine, would love to see them there. They would go down a storm at Cropredy.

Sidling out of stores gingerly and embracing margins since 2008
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2017, 10:26:16 AM »

No thanks! I really don't get them- I've tried twice now....All too theatrical and pompous for me...
Funny - it's the theatre that attracts me! I've never seen them live though...

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Tony Pim

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2017, 11:16:25 AM »

Good shout - seen them a couple of times at other festivals and had a cracking time.

What about Ferocious Dog as well ,  Hobo Jones,  the Bimble Inn Huh?

and the stars look very different today
Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2017, 11:37:57 AM »

I'd be up for Ferocious Dog , the live rendition of their song Slow Motion Suicide is absolutely mesmerising .

With regard to Tankus, I had their album before I ever saw them live - brilliant songs amazing piano playing . When I eventually saw them live I was stunned by their performance - leaping off smoking pianos etc really good all round entertainment .   A real spectacle for Cropredy.

Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2017, 11:42:49 AM »

I'd be up for Ferocious Dog , the live rendition of their song Slow Motion Suicide is absolutely mesmerising .

With regard to Tankus, I had their album before I ever saw them live - brilliant songs amazing piano playing . When I eventually saw them live I was stunned by their performance - leaping off smoking pianos etc really good all round entertainment .   A real spectacle for Cropredy.

Sorry I’ve led a sheltered life and never heard of Tankus the Henge! Can anyone supply a link to a decent site where I can see what they’re all about? Ta

Born to Run (but not very fast)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2017, 11:50:56 AM »

Sorry I’ve led a sheltered life and never heard of Tankus the Henge! Can anyone supply a link to a decent site where I can see what they’re all about? Ta

3 seconds later, how about this http://tankusthehenge.com/ ?  Roll Eyes Wink Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: