TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:01:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 361729 times)
JohnP69

« Reply #1620 on: April 15, 2024, 04:31:50 PM »

Miles Jupp,with his new show "On I Bang",at the Plowright Theatre,Scunthorpe tonight
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #1621 on: April 16, 2024, 10:12:09 AM »

Two Oysterband gigs at The Acapela, Pentyrch (Friday and Saturday) as part of their 'Decades' tour. Friday is their early stuff and Saturday takes us up to the present day. I'm really looking forward to this.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #1622 on: April 16, 2024, 06:01:50 PM »

Ahoy-hoy, Music Lovers! If my calculations are correct, the This Much Talent Medium-sized Band should be at Piggyfy Live - Acoustic Showcase - Coda this Saturday between two and five in the afternoon (BST). Watch online on Facebook or come along to the award-nominated Coda at 63 High Street in Colchester and say howdy'doody in person.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #1623 on: April 16, 2024, 11:02:31 PM »

Miles Jupp,with his new show "On I Bang",at the Plowright Theatre,Scunthorpe tonight

Saw that tonight - absolutely terrific. Endlessly quotable.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #1624 on: April 17, 2024, 09:10:08 AM »

Feast Of Fiddles in Masham, on Saturday.

First time I'll have seen them since my Nettlebed days, in the Nineties. Really looking forward to it.

Saw them on Tuesday in Worcester. Slightly refreshed line-up as Peter and Chris are taking a break, but you won't be disappointed.....
DM alone is worth the price of the ticket.......

I saw them in Manchester on wednesday, Simon Swarbrick and Marion Fleetwood are in the band with the regulars, to absolutely no loss of quality and as Steve-n said DM is utterly magnificent, as ever.

We didn't get Simon Swarbrick in Masham on Saturday. He must have been on Merry Hell duty. His stand-in was called (I think) Chris Jolly. New name on me but he was excellent, as was the evening in general. The band played for two & a half hours and the time went by in a flash. Always a sure sign of great show.

Another terrific performance by DM and his backing band at Stratford Play House last night. Pretty near sold out and a very enthusiastic audience......well, it was a home fixture for Marion!
And, to get back on-topic, looking forward to Tewkesbury on Saturday week........
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #1625 on: April 18, 2024, 08:51:58 AM »

Two Oysterband gigs at The Acapela, Pentyrch (Friday and Saturday) as part of their 'Decades' tour. Friday is their early stuff and Saturday takes us up to the present day. I'm really looking forward to this.

Whoops! Good job I checked, the two Oysterband concerts are are Thursday (tonight) and Friday. No idea why I got the days mixed up, but at least I discovered my error in time!

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Peter Allen

« Reply #1626 on: April 18, 2024, 11:32:55 AM »

Lincoln Drill Hall to see Amy Winehouse's band tonight , Bronte Shande fronting it , hope she's a bit more reliable than the old singer , for the band's sake
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #1627 on: April 21, 2024, 07:46:21 AM »

The Warning in Manchester on Thursday. Really can't wait for this one. I've been a big fan since discovering them over Lockdown and this is their first UK tour.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1628 on: April 21, 2024, 04:42:36 PM »

Teddy Thompson, 3Ten at Austin City Limits Live, tonight!
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #1629 on: April 23, 2024, 07:26:03 PM »

Not for a while but I am seeing Miriam Erasmus / Backhouse at a Methodist Church in Wigton on the 20th of July, should be interesting.

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1630 on: April 23, 2024, 07:55:08 PM »

John Bramwell and the Full Harmonic Trio in Chester on Sunday...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1631 on: April 24, 2024, 05:24:57 PM »

Two-fer next week:

Wednesday, Winnipeg's own Neil Young with Crazy Horse at the Circuit of the Americas. It will be nice to go to that venue on a relatively cool day in early May. It gets hot as Hades from June through September. It's tough to persuade Mrs. J From A to join me out there during the hot months. Haven't seen Neil in a month of Sundays.

Thursday, trad/roots multi-instrumentalist and singer Rhiannon Giddens, at the Paramount. We purchased VIP tickets for this, which supposedly include a photo with this wonderful artist. I'll post if that indeed happens.

Excited for next week!

RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1632 on: Yesterday at 01:12:40 PM »

Alan Doyle tomorrow night at Sony Music Hall. Excited for my wife (still getting used to saying that lol) to see him. Even before she met me she loved Celtic music. I have been playing her lots of Alan and Great Big Sea’s music in the past week or so and she’s as excited as I am.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1633 on: Yesterday at 06:02:40 PM »

Jah Wobble & band playing "Metal Box In Dub" at Bristol Market Exchange Thurs 16th May.  Late finish, apparently, so might be an overnight stay.

It WILL be an overnight stay.  I will be attending the funeral of one of my oldest pals in the morning of the 16th, down in Leatherhead, so an evening of loud music - and a few beers - will be most welcome.  My pal Nick would approve, I'm sure...

Flobbadob!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: