TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
November 28, 2021, 06:12:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Show Of Hands a duo again  (Read 651 times)
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« on: October 08, 2021, 09:21:51 AM »

Pretty devastating news for fans of Miranda and Cormac. The four piece Show Of Hands is no more.

Whether this is temporary or not, time will tell.

See here for details.

The revolution will not be televised
The revolution will be no re-run, brothers
The revolution will be live
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 10:22:08 AM »

Yes, I had the email too.  Shame, as we haven't seen the 4 piece line-up yet (other than the online concert), and were looking forward to seeing them on this tour. It sounds from the message as if it is because of low ticket sales, but obviously it will depend on how quickly folk are ready to go back to concerts.  Obviously at the moment many people who would have been expected to go, aren't ready (or are unable to go now).

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 10:41:50 AM »

We have recently had two bands rejig concerts in our little town to next year, presumably because of ticket sales or it could be that venues are demanding a higher percentage share for themselves.

Whichever, it is sad.
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 01:52:40 PM »

Strange how other larger bands can continue to play to similar size audiences, though. For example, Dervish are also playing at Birmingham Town Hall in the next few weeks and have a sold considerably less tickets at a lower price than Show of Hands but are still able to continue.
David V B
Order from the other side of the living room

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 04:12:16 PM »

Saw the full lineup at the New Forest festival, and thought they were as good as I had ever seen them, so this is a real pity. Biggest concern is for Miranda and Cormac as it sounds like they are now out of work at least in the short term.
Paul
I've Got A Bike

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 09:33:06 PM »

Strange how other larger bands can continue to play to similar size audiences, though. For example, Dervish are also playing at Birmingham Town Hall in the next few weeks and have a sold considerably less tickets at a lower price than Show of Hands but are still able to continue.

Steve explained that they do a different deal with venues compared with most bands. The majority of bands take a flat fee, which they get whatever sales are. SoH always work for a percentage.

Paul

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: