TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:47:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Golden Anniversary Gig  (Read 83519 times)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 09:24:47 AM »

Between now and then I'm going to make a real effort to refind my love for the band.  I spent a huge amount of my time (and money) following them from 1981 to c.2010 (saw them well over 50 times including separate Cropredy sets) and, although I still listen to them a lot I've sort of stopped caring.  On the way to work today, I got all emotional thinking about how much they mean to me and how much time and effort I've invested in them, and how I've thrown a lot of that away in a disinterested huff in the last decade or so.  I can't imagine anything getting close to the Barbican show but if this has even 25% of that I'll be more than happy.  And you have my express permission to hold me to task if I say anything negative about the current band.  I'm even going to 'listen without prejudice' to their more recent albums (and keep any negative thoughts I have to myself, whilst sharing any positive ones)

I'm really looking forward to this gig.

Shall we watch this space and see what happens?

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
PJayBe

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 07:05:28 PM »

All booked, and tapping up some of the Prog-daughter's uni friend's parents (I think) for a spot to lay our heads!!!!
Dubai Danny
my MIL likes it loud

Loc: Here

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 09:42:50 PM »

Just got our tickets for this. I have to be honest, if next year's Cropredy lineup doesn't fill me with excitement, this gig may well be enough for me for the 50th anniversary. We can guarantee we won't be getting rained on as we watch, at any rate.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 01:36:59 PM »

Got my ticket... need to remember to take a cushion, as I understand the pews are somewhat unforgiving.

Flobbadob!
Henry Tompkins (Pete)
Guaranteed trouble
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: S.W. London

One man gathers what another man spills

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 01:59:04 PM »

Between now and then I'm going to make a real effort to refind my love for the band.  I spent a huge amount of my time (and money) following them from 1981 to c.2010 (saw them well over 50 times including separate Cropredy sets) and, although I still listen to them a lot I've sort of stopped caring.  On the way to work today, I got all emotional thinking about how much they mean to me and how much time and effort I've invested in them, and how I've thrown a lot of that away in a disinterested huff in the last decade or so.  I can't imagine anything getting close to the Barbican show but if this has even 25% of that I'll be more than happy.  And you have my express permission to hold me to task if I say anything negative about the current band.  I'm even going to 'listen without prejudice' to their more recent albums (and keep any negative thoughts I have to myself, whilst sharing any positive ones)

How's are you holding David?

No Left Turn Unstoned
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 05:26:06 PM »

Still greatly looking forward to the gig.  Haven't been rude about the band recently, I don't think.  Even listened to OTNH the other day.  Nice cover.  Cheesy

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Henry Tompkins (Pete)
Guaranteed trouble
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: S.W. London

One man gathers what another man spills

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 10:01:45 PM »

Still greatly looking forward to the gig.  Haven't been rude about the band recently, I don't think.  Even listened to OTNH the other day.  Nice cover.  Cheesy

I'm surprised that you managed to understand my question David!  I'm not sure what I was typing there?Huh   Embarrassed  Smiley

No Left Turn Unstoned
Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2016, 10:56:01 PM »

Pleased to say that we will be there. The question over the two gigs at the Union Chapel was resolved when I realised that the Winter Tour coincided with my mum's 90th birthday so we are looking at seeing that elsewhere.  

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
Ronald
I have to confess it was pure laziness

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2016, 10:48:43 AM »

Only 7 and a half months to wait, I have never ever bought tickets so far in advance.
PJayBe

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2016, 06:38:44 PM »

Only 7 and a half months to wait, I have never ever bought tickets so far in advance.

Bought these and Big Big Train at 54weeks in advance the same week!!!!!
barryanorak (Julian)

Loc: Thurgoland - no, really

The sun is a lightbulb, my fridge is a cow

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 02:48:14 PM »

Bought these and Big Big Train at 54weeks in advance the same week!!!!!

You and me both...

You have to be happy with what you have to be happy with
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2016, 08:54:16 PM »

Got the tickets, reserved the cushion (thanks Chris!)  Cheesy

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2016, 09:57:19 AM »

Booked,

Grin

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Chris Dennis

Loc: Perranporth, Cornwall

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2016, 12:34:57 AM »

Just booked - had thought they weren't on sale until the New Year as it said in Cropredy programme just as well I happened by here or could have missed out.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2016, 11:54:46 PM »

Announced on Facebook that this is now sold out. Wonder when people will start queuing?

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2016, 09:12:59 AM »

Announced on Facebook that this is now sold out. Wonder when people will start queuing?

Oh yes, early because we don't wish to be at the back of the balcony!!  Roll Eyes

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
Andy Rewitzer
n3wb

Loc: Nuernberg, Germany

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 11:10:19 AM »

Due to the passing of my long-time friend and Cropredy companion Guenther I have a spare ticket for the Anniversary Gig. Anyone interested?
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2017, 11:09:20 PM »

Looks like we have a spare ticket too. PM me if interested.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2017, 10:48:10 AM »

Ok, peoples, what do we actually know about this gig?  Do we know there are going to be guests and old material etc.  Is Richard definitely there?  Tyger?  etc.etc. I'm getting a little anxious.... Undecided

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PJayBe

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2017, 10:51:02 AM »

Ok, peoples, what do we actually know about this gig?  Do we know there are going to be guests and old material etc.  Is Richard definitely there?  Tyger?  etc.etc. I'm getting a little anxious.... Undecided

Yes, I suppose we're all assuming something along the lines of the Barbican show. Would seem likely due to the historical significance of the date, but you never can tell.........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: