TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:54:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fotheringay Revisited  (Read 182608 times)
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 08:07:03 PM »

8, I think....ticket receipt not with me right now...

There is a 360 degree tour on their website, go take a look? Looks to me like a central standing area together with booths/tables & chairs elraised aound the room

Swamp Donkey (Keith)

Loc: Bedfordshire

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 10:34:19 PM »

I've just bought London tickets and it's 7pm start.

Well it's turned out nice again!
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 05:39:13 AM »

I think that's doors time

Swamp Donkey (Keith)

Loc: Bedfordshire

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 07:36:45 AM »

I think you could be correct. It doesn't actually start time, it just says 7pm.

Well it's turned out nice again!
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 07:41:05 AM »

I think that's doors time

Fotheringay without Sandy and Trevor, The Doors without Jim and Ray i'll still not go to London to see them Wink Seriously think I will get tickets for Kendal.

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 03:33:40 PM »

Bridgewater Hall?  They're having a laugh, aren't they?

Sorry, and I'm desperate to see them but the thought of sitting in there with, what, 100 others doesn't seem very appealing....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 03:35:20 PM »

Yeah, I thought that....we'll see.

Philip W
forgiving of the rhetorical flourish

Loc: Cambs

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 04:26:14 PM »

Sorry, and I'm desperate to see them but the thought of sitting in there with, what, 100 others doesn't seem very appealing....

Are there smaller spaces at the venue, David? I notice that the Liverpool Phil Hall is listing a night with Kevin Bridges on the date Jerry's giving for Fotheringay to play that venue, so I assume they're not in the main auditorium. (Personally, I'd prefer a night with Fotheringay.)

Blogs at Brush on Drum and tweets at @PhilipEMWard
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 04:35:26 PM »

Are there smaller spaces at the venue, David? I notice that the Liverpool Phil Hall is listing a night with Kevin Bridges on the date Jerry's giving for Fotheringay to play that venue, so I assume they're not in the main auditorium. (Personally, I'd prefer a night with Fotheringay.)

That was my first thought...but, no, not as far as I know... Undecided

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 04:56:44 PM »

I'll don my flak jacket lest I'm accused of trolling, and I know this question belongs in another thread, but why aren't they booked for Cropredy ?
A Fotheringay recreation band featuring Gerry, Jerry and Pat with a suitable frontline has been on my Cropredy wishlist for years now.
Just looking this up, The Nerve (G, J & P with Doug Morter and Vikki Clayton) played in 1995. A gap of 20 years is long enough, surely ?
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 05:16:13 PM »

Pat's probably unavailable?....

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2015, 05:18:57 PM »

That, and the fact that the vast majority of the audience at Cropredy these days would probably have absolutely no interest in them, I imagine.  I mean, Fairport can't even keep what, half the audience, involved any more, can they?  Fotheringay wouldn't stand a chance.

Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 05:23:26 PM »

That, and the fact that the vast majority of the audience at Cropredy these days would probably have absolutely no interest in them, I imagine.  I mean, Fairport can't even keep what, half the audience, involved any more, can they?  Fotheringay wouldn't stand a chance.

Both fair points.
Have just re-read Jerry D's statement about the scheduling :

"These [dates] have been arranged in the only 8 day period that was free to all six of us, since we do have quite different agendas and schedules from one another."

And, yes, it's a shame that they might not stand a chance in that field these days, just wishful thinking...
ThomasB

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 06:08:11 PM »

Both fair points.
Have just re-read Jerry D's statement about the scheduling :

"These [dates] have been arranged in the only 8 day period that was free to all six of us, since we do have quite different agendas and schedules from one another."

And, yes, it's a shame that they might not stand a chance in that field these days, just wishful thinking...

Perhaps for the 50th Anniversary concert in 2017; when the line-up and the audience would likely be more Fairport & relations-friendly/centric?
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 06:37:19 PM »

i suppose its the bridgewater because the sandy Denny tribute concert a couple of years ago sold well, if not out, i'm not sure

well i'm going, tickets booked

The Dude abides
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »

100 others - is that too many or too few?   Huh

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Jay Peter
any noun can be verbed

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2015, 12:35:52 AM »

What's all this about? Was there a mass walkout? I didn't notice.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2015, 07:31:14 AM »

What's all this about? Was there a mass walkout? I didn't notice.

The audience size on Saturday nights is noticeably smaller than the Thursday and Friday ones (or it was the last few times I went anyway).  The level of engagement in the audience is also noticeably diminished...about the front third of the field looked as though they gave a damn last time I looked...

StephenGiles
much grovelling in the attic

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2015, 08:05:35 AM »

I'll don my flak jacket lest I'm accused of trolling, and I know this question belongs in another thread, but why aren't they booked for Cropredy ?
A Fotheringay recreation band featuring Gerry, Jerry and Pat with a suitable frontline has been on my Cropredy wishlist for years now.
Just looking this up, The Nerve (G, J & P with Doug Morter and Vikki Clayton) played in 1995. A gap of 20 years is long enough, surely ?

I was wondering what to play in my car today - now I have the answer!
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2015, 09:04:15 AM »

The audience size on Saturday nights is noticeably smaller than the Thursday and Friday ones (or it was the last few times I went anyway).  The level of engagement in the audience is also noticeably diminished...about the front third of the field looked as though they gave a damn last time I looked...

From what I gather the same could be said for the band last year as well  Undecided
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: