TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:07:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Induct FC into, The R & R Hall of Fame"  (Read 5840 times)
Keith B. Keller
n3wb

« on: June 01, 2014, 01:59:41 AM »

TalkaWhile, Thanks for introducing me to this site. Also; greetings to my fellow music lovers. Here is what I'm up to. Recently; I started an, "Induct Fairport Convention into, The Rock and Rock Hall of Fame" page on Facebook. Mr. Pegg & Mr. Nicol authorized me to do so. The idea is mine (...have know FC since 1986-UK-LA-SF) not FC's. It is rather obvious why FC should not undertake this themselves, so, here I am with a, "people's" project. If you are on FB please, "like" the page. If not we can figure out other ways to get in contact besides, "private message" link on Facebook. Due to their great influence, the idea of electrifying a genre' (trad-folk) and sheer perseverance they deserve to be honored. This is the basic plan....            
#1: Induct FC page now up.
#2: Pretty much sticking with current line-up videos and for now, photos of famous people associated with the band.
#3: Draft of a, "Why FC is Important" letter/piece written and fact-checked by Fairport. Once this is further polished we will find the appropriate magazine or site to publish. It will be shown first to other, "interested parties".
#4: All due respects are acknowledged to Steeleye Span, Richard Thompson, Sandy Denny, June Tabor & Oyster Band, etc. and history re: influences of Americana but this one focuses on Fairport. Requesting suggestions, support and not too much arguing about what is a hypothetical, "ceremony"  at this point. That is it! Thanks, Keith B. Keller (If all this reads as too polite; can't help it my father was English!), KK
Gouty (Gary)
still struggling with the theme to Bagpuss
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 02:18:26 AM »

Not wishing to p*** on your chips, but isn't the whole idea of the 'Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame' just a little bit naff in the first place?

'Eggs, bread, cigs, milk...'
samnitzberg (Sam)
no little winking doodad

Loc: Sparks, Maryland, USA

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 03:07:01 AM »

I've liked the page.  Thought I'd help here by providing the link:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Induct-Fairport-Convention-into-The-Rock-and-Roll-Hall-of-Fame/244961409023597

One suggestion:  Get rid of that weird comma in the name of the page.
Keith B. Keller
n3wb

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 04:22:49 AM »

Gary; Many valid questions re: "Fame" & Sam, Thanks and that (,) many be tricky to get rid off.......,Keith
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 02:43:52 PM »

Another suggestion-you have two typos in your main banner-electried/electrified, and influencial/influential

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: