TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 20, 2024, 08:37:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Meet on the Ledge" surprise  (Read 8835 times)
Anne T
I'm obviously missing the point here

Loc: Berkshire

« on: August 31, 2013, 05:46:26 PM »

I was very disappointed not to get to Cropredy this year. Yesterday, though, I was lucky enough to be able to go to the first day of Moseley Folk Festival. Ocean Colour Scene (local boys, so the day was sold out) were headlining. I said to my daughter that I would get up at the end for "Meet on the Ledge".
Imagine my surprise, then, when they did actually finish their encore with this song, dedicated to the memory of Ian Campbell and also Jon Brookes. Suddenly you could tell which members of the crowd had ever ben to Cropredy. Magic moment - I did get to sing along in the great outdoors at the end of a festival day!
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 07:45:01 PM »

Nice one.

Well I never did..
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 08:23:55 PM »

Wonderful Anne  Grin   Grin

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 11:29:38 PM »

What a lovely surprise. I like moments like that  Smiley

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Anne T
I'm obviously missing the point here

Loc: Berkshire

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 10:09:51 PM »

Oh, and there it was again this evening on tv!

Anyone else watching the BBC One series "What Remains"?

Lonley retired detective David Threlfall invites his neighbour round for a drink and he doesn't turn up. Hours later, he opens his whiskey bottle to the strains of Fairport. What an appropriate track it was for the moment. And what a poignant moment when he wakes up with the spark plugs on his bed (you need to watch it if you haven't already done so...)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 10:16:40 PM »

Lonley retired detective David Threlfall invites his neighbour round for a drink and he doesn't turn up. Hours later, he opens his whiskey bottle to the strains of Fairport. What an appropriate track it was for the moment. And what a poignant moment when he wakes up with the spark plugs on his bed (you need to watch it if you haven't already done so...)

Yes watching that.. Gripping stuff.. Great to hear Iain Matthews and Sandy with MOTL this evening!  Smiley  Smiley

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Ronald
I have to confess it was pure laziness

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 09:11:49 PM »

It was finally shown on Dutch tv.

I always hear a lot of music in films/series but it usually passes me by unnoticed but I was quite surprised when I heard Fairport. I wonder if there are any other Folk related songs used in films or series.
Mr Cat (Lewis)
Probably bad form to quote yourself
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 06:51:09 PM »

Episode 7 of True Detective has R & LT's Did She Jump..playing in a bar.  Mind you the choice of music for the series has been excellent.

Thank Drunk I'm God
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: