TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:37:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4CD compilation - Festival  (Read 5820 times)
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« on: October 24, 2010, 12:32:36 PM »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0041KOVS2/ref=pe_3451_22185321_snp_dp

Seems to be a compilation of three albums - Acoustically Down Under, Five Seasons, and a Festival Friday & SAturday set (can't place the name right now)

£9.99 for the lot - released October 29 (Friday)

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 12:35:38 PM »

What a truly bizarre idea.  It looks like a boot to me...is this officially sanctioned ie will the band see a penny from this?  Don't imagine it matters as I can't imagine it will sell more than a handful of copies packaged up like that.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 08:01:16 PM »

it'll be more woodworm tracks leased out to anyone that will have them

if they had any business sense they would be asking about 60 - 70 quid, they'd probably sell more than at a tenner

The Dude abides
Dave Brzeski
I'm seeing an alternate universe

Loc: Peterborough

IM me here before requesting ICQ/Yahoo/MSN

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 11:14:15 PM »

The Early Years Friday set & Everything Else Saturday set gives it away as Cropredy 2002 (35th anniversary), which means it's the 'CROPREDY 2002 - Another Gig : Another Palindrome' 2CD set, so nothing most of us don't already have.
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 02:44:41 PM »

I assume by now there's more rotten repackaged retitled CDs released by vague labels out there by now than proper albums. I am glad I'm not starting out with Fairport CDs now, because had I been a newbie I wouldn't know what to avoid.
This tsunami of 90s/etc compilations won't do the band much good, will it? And they won't get a penny either I assume. Still, surely, at one point someone at Woodworm must've OK'd the sellout of this material? How does this work?
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 05:40:01 PM »

I remember reading an interview(?) with Peggy who explained that they (the band) sell/transfer licences to other companies; I've no idea what happens as regards royalties from licenced material, but at a guess the band get the royalties from the original release of the material, and once they reckon they've sold as many copies as they're likely to, they consider licencing said material for a lump sum...?

Perhaps the Office could enlighten us - if, of course, they wish to divulge their business practices.

Flobbadob!
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 06:13:04 PM »

The Early Years Friday set & Everything Else Saturday set gives it away as Cropredy 2002 (35th anniversary), which means it's the 'CROPREDY 2002 - Another Gig : Another Palindrome' 2CD set, so nothing most of us don't already have.

Wot dave said.  Wink

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: