TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:32:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Cip - 1981 Broughton Castle  (Read 4352 times)
Simon Nicol
Samantha was detained elsewhere...

Loc: Usually CT4

Wilco ... and Out!

« on: May 31, 2009, 03:21:05 PM »

Anyone able to post or upload the news Docco made by either BBC or ITV Central previewing the Broughton Castle festival? Our buddy Steve Carson is over here for a few weeks with his daughter the hugely talented Rosie - look out for her singing and award-winning fiddling - and we were talking about his being part of the band on the TV!

As the Zen Master said, "Don't just do something - sit there!"
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 03:57:27 PM »

I've emailed you Simon Grin

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Simon Withers

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »

can not help on this...which is not suprising...but it reminds me that in the early 80's both the local Midlands BBC and Central TV used to do reports on the Cropredy reunions...very exciting it was to to see FC on local TV... most of my friends had no idea who FC were...the reports were usually before the festival and occasionally post festival...usually the Monday evening...Not seen any coverage for many a year however.
jOhN
Lord of Time, Space & Beer
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Sunny Nottingham

I bet you won't recognise me at the bar!!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 07:52:58 AM »

I can remember sitting in my local about a week after my first Cropredy ('96) when a half hour (i think) documentry/review came on about the festival.

I'm pretty sure it was produced by Central TV.

I am Dyslexia of Borg, prepare to have your Ass Laminated!!!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 08:12:56 AM »

can not help on this...which is not suprising...but it reminds me that in the early 80's both the local Midlands BBC and Central TV used to do reports on the Cropredy reunions...very exciting it was to to see FC on local TV... most of my friends had no idea who FC were...the reports were usually before the festival and occasionally post festival...usually the Monday evening...Not seen any coverage for many a year however.

I seem to remember a video clip of a local news report from either 2007 or 2008 being posted on here....so they still do it.

As for the Broughton Castle request, I too can't help although I do have a copy of the original performance on video which (without checking) I think musicfolk put out....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Simon Nicol
Samantha was detained elsewhere...

Loc: Usually CT4

Wilco ... and Out!

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 08:52:03 AM »

Thanks all: but it's not the festival performance itself I'm after. It was (I now remember) a Central TV preview news item done by Bob Warman that went out in the week before the do. Probably no more than a three minute clip of highly disposable TV!

As the Zen Master said, "Don't just do something - sit there!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: