Beryl Marriott folk pianist

<< < (5/16) > >>

Nick the Stick:
I was at Gloucester. Good memories. All the best to her.

Swarb:
Just a small  update on progress...if I may?
Firstly, thank you so much to all of you for your messages and cards which have arrived safe and sound!
Swarb & I visited Beryl this afternoon and were thrilled to bits to see her awake & pleased to see us!
She is incredibly fatigued, drops off to sleep frequently but she is as sharp as a pin and very much the Beryl we know and love.
Roger read out all the pile of cards to her and they were both curious about 'Farnsfield Acoustic'? So, we filled them in, which was nice.
They were visibly very moved by your kind comments and messages of love and support.
Its really early days yet and she really needs lots of rest but we were greatly cheered with her quiet, slow on-going recovery.
Thanks so much again, feel free to keep sending any messages or cards, they are clearly a tremendous morale boost for both Beryl & Roger.
Gawd bless yer!
 :)  ;)
Swarb ( & Jill )

Amethyst (Jenny):
So good to know that she is doing ok.. and that the cards are getting to her.

delfini (Diane):
That's good news for early in her recovery :)

Keep us posted please

Rob:
I sent a card and letter last week.

Here's a little story about Beryl that I suspect is typical of her generosity and enthusiasm for making things happen.

I first met her when she was supporting Fairport on the Winter Tour. I'd reviewed (or was about to review) the album she made with FC, Weave The Mirror and we had a chat in the bar. One thing led to another and she kind of bullied me into sending her a tape of some songs I'd written. I thought nothing more about it really until I got a strange phone call from Martin Barre of Jethro Tull. Getting a call from MB was pretty strange in itself because we'd never spoken before but back then I was a regular Q reviewer, Tull-friendly and he was angling for a review of his solo album. Right at the end he said something like: "Oh and I've got a message from Dave Pegg - 'love the Red Tide song, it's on the album'." Several frantic phone calls later confirmed that Beryl had been up to something. She'd passed the tape to Simon without saying who it was but that there was a song on there he should hear. He liked it and so did the rest of the band and that's how a song of mine ended up on Jewel In The Crown.

A small kindness, a friendly bit of facilitating - I'd like to think it was an eye for a great song, of course! - call it what you like. Beryl Marriott made it happen.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page