Beryl Marriott folk pianist

(1/16) > >>

jude:
Dave and Jill Swarbrick have asked me to post this on behalf of themselves and Dave's longtime friends, Roger and Beryl Marriott.

I have looked on the net and there isn't much information about this very talented and influential traditional folk artist, so I will ask Jill to write a short biography

Beryl Marriott: Urgent appeal from Swarb

After a series of health problems over the past few years, including: wet macular degeneration,heart problems and C.O.P.D., last week, Beryl Marriott suffered a Stroke.
Her left side is affected.
She is as lucid and sharp as ever, albeit of course, very tired. She is currently in the Stroke Unit at Milton Keynes General Hospital.
We urgently need the aid of all lovers of her music to help the wonderful staff at the hospital to be acutely aware that she is an important and highly respected artiste.
Therefore I'm requesting that as many people and fans as possible send Beryl cards and messages of goodwill.
It would be really great if you could add 'from a fan' or 'lover of your music' etc...to your message.
I'm sure you get the idea.
Her morale would be lifted immensely.
I remember so well your sustained and powerful messages to me over the years throughout my personal health issues. Those messages and emails were my lifelines in many respects, as I laid in hospital, so I really know the power a message,card or email has.
I'm sure I don't have to go into the immense musical influence and stature Beryl occupies...
So, please send a card etc asap.
Also, please pass this message on to as many people you can think of.
Beryl is very special, a mentor and influence on our musics and hearts.
Let's bombard her with our heartfelt best wishes.

Beryl Marriott
Ward 7,
Milton Keynes General Hospital
Campbell Centre
Standing Way
Eaglestone
Milton Keynes
MK6 5LD

Just so that I can keep track of it all, mainly for Roger and family, would you IM me when you've sent a message to Beryl? Thanks folks.

On behalf of Roger Marriott & Family, Jill & I, with love and thanks.

Swarb x

gower flower (Shirl):
Card written. Will post it in the morning. IM to Swarb underway.

Amethyst (Jenny):
What sad news.. will do asap.

Dave.P:
card written Jude..
I saw Beryl and Dave quite a long time time ago with Swarb and I think  Martin Carthy .. at a midlands festival  (May have been up near Sheffield) .. Beryl has immense talent and obviously has been a major influence on Swarbs music she is a lovely lady and even though she won't remember me its a pleasure to write to her

DaveP

music is the mediator between the spritual and the sensual life . LVBeethoven

Speleologist (Robin):
A card will be on its way tomorrow. Also cards from several friends and family who are not Talkawhilers, but appreciate the musical role she has played over the years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page