TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:45:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Welcome Mat: Do Come In, New Talkawhile Member  (Read 733691 times)
Andrea Freebury

Loc: Parcllyn ,West Wales

..half a Sandwitch..

« Reply #220 on: August 19, 2009, 09:35:27 PM »

It´s not me ....although my nose is huge compared to Britney´s , and I am usually a Redhead ,too....
Don´t tell anybody, will ya ?  Grin

Guilty !!!
Steve with the black dog
Your fox is male
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: The rainy Lake District

So little time, so much to do

« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2009, 10:26:30 PM »

what music do i like
this is a easy one theres none i dont like

Well Bob, you are invited to come to see my band sometime - you may revise your view.  Oh - welcome!

A simple life, voluntarily chosen, can be a source of strength.
Sam
Bonjela and tonic please.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Welshie West Wales

« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2009, 11:10:27 PM »

ooh bloody hell hi buddy and andrea.. i met you at abercych at one of carreg las's do's...and at scary lynns house too...we did the wassailing ceremony in the orchard and played with f**t putty Cheesy

i expect you have banished it from your memory lol

Not only is another world possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.

Arundhati Roy
Andrea Freebury

..half a Sandwitch..

« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2009, 11:15:39 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

No, we actually rejoined "Carreglas" after Lynne had left. Tongue How the devil are you  Huh

Nice to meet you on this forum !  Cheesy

Guilty !!!
Buddy Freebury

Loc: Parcllyn Cardigan Wales

Founder Member of the Anglo/German duo Sandwitch

« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2009, 11:21:11 PM »

Hi Sam well first day here and we are meeting people we know   Grin How are you nice to see you.

Just to clarify for people wondering what Carreglas is well its the name of the Welsh Border Morris team that Andrea and I dance with .... yep as well as being musicians we hit each other with big sticks too.

Cheers Buddy

Alias "The Witchmaster"

www.myspace.com/sandwitchfolk
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2009, 11:25:16 PM »

welcome aboard you two
Andrea Freebury

..half a Sandwitch..

« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2009, 11:27:42 PM »

Thank you, PLW  - if you´re talking to Buddy and me !  Wink
Seems to be a very nice forum indeed - wish we had found it earlier ..   Smiley

Guilty !!!
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2009, 11:29:13 PM »

I'm talking to Buddy and you for sure. And anyone else who'll listen. Smiley
Buddy Freebury

« Reply #228 on: August 19, 2009, 11:30:06 PM »

Hi PLW and thanks its good to be here  Cheesy

Alias "The Witchmaster"

Selam
I love stitch 'n' bitch!!!

« Reply #229 on: August 19, 2009, 11:49:41 PM »

Somewhere else I need to introduce myself? Gosh this is confusing!!

1.   Who are you and where are you from? I am Selam and I live in Woking. I also consider Leeds and Winchester to be home.

2.   What made you join Talkawhile? What or who? Wink All the lovely TAWers that I met at Cropredy.

3.   What do you know of Fairport Convention and/or Cropredy if anything? Seen FC a few times and grown up listening to them. This was my first Cropredy but I'll be back next year!

4.   What kind of music do you like? All kinds! Classical, folk, folk rock, cheesy pop (it has to be cheesy!), electro/synthpop, EBM, Industrial, goth, mittelalterrock, metal... hmm easier to say what I don't like - chart indie, chart "r'n'b", most hiphop.

5.   What was the last gig/festival/recital/concert that you attended?  What was it like? last festival was...Cropredy and you all know what it was like! before that, M'era Luna in Germany which was awesome! The Prodigy headlined with sets from Schelmish, IAMX...

6.   What was the last CD that you bought?  Would you recommend it? Last CD I bought was Violent Emotion by Aesthetic Perfection which I would recommend to anyone who likes Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson... not sure this is the right place!!

7.   Complete the following sentence:
          “Tonight, Sir Robert, I am going to be my all time favourite singer Rose Kemp and I will
            sing:  ' Drop of Blood'." I don't have an all time favourite singer but I'd kill to have her voice!!
Anji
But is it art?
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Edinburgh

How light becomes the soul

« Reply #230 on: August 20, 2009, 11:47:54 AM »

4.   What kind of music do you like? All kinds! Classical, folk, folk rock, cheesy pop (it has to be cheesy!), electro/synthpop, EBM, Industrial, goth, mittelalterrock, metal... hmm easier to say what I don't like - chart indie, chart "r'n'b", most hiphop.  

Don't you worry! Once you've heard Cocker Freeman - King of Dengie Hip Hop - you'll be delighted  Grin

you can find him on youTube and mySpace  Cheesy

and here, of course  Roll Eyes

...better than I was and not as good as I will be...
Andrea Freebury

..half a Sandwitch..

« Reply #231 on: August 20, 2009, 12:37:06 PM »

Oh, I just noticed that I should have anwered this questionnaire - so there we go.

1.   Who are you and where are you from?

I am Andrea and I live in Parcllyn in West Wales.

2.   What made you join Talkawhile?

My husband buddy found it on the Internet and asked me if I wanted to join .´course I did. Grin

3.   What do you know of Fairport Convention and/or Cropredy if anything?

I´ve listened to their music from the early Seventies on.Always have loved it !Met them on a gig and liked their charming personalities. Have been to the festival since 1998 - best festival ever . Lovely people everywhere, very well organized , unforgettable !

4.   What kind of music do you like?

All sorts really.I listened to Ravi Shankar when I was about 14 , legends like Jethro Tull and Deep Purple followed -and then I discovered Folk. Bought my first guitar , have listened to it ever since.But I am very open musicwise -as long as it gives me pleasure I will listen to it.

5.   What was the last gig/festival/recital/concert that you attended?  What was it like?  

Last gig is a while ago . It was "Show of Hands" in Cardigan.Brilliant. They played with Miranda Sykes - very nice gig indeed ! Last Festival was Chepstow Folk Festival . I loved the Morris Dancing - the town was plastered with different Morris sides -we were dancing with our Team . Musically I was a bit disappointed -it didn´t do anything to me.

6.   What was the last CD that you bought?  Would you recommend it? n

A medieval Heavy Metal CD    Fez -  played on Medieval instruments from the German band "In Extremo". Yes, I would recommend it to those who are open to different music styles. My favourite song is "Liam".  

“Tonight, Sir Robert, I am going to be

...me ! That´s what I do best  - I´m not good at copying other people.Every song I sing I make my own, I must feel it, love it, breathe it.

Guilty !!!
Selam

« Reply #232 on: August 20, 2009, 02:20:09 PM »

A medieval Heavy Metal CD     -  played on Medieval instruments from the German band "In Extremo".

That'd be Mittelalterrock. Very popular in Germany. I'd recommend Schelmish, Subway to Sally amd Schandmaul if that's your thing. Letzte Instanz are good too (and fab live!!)! Smiley
Andrea Freebury

..half a Sandwitch..

« Reply #233 on: August 20, 2009, 02:28:37 PM »

Well yeah, it´s great stuff when you are in the right mood. I loved the medieval festivals in Germany "Mittelaltermarkt" - a whole weekend of entertainment, music , food and drink.
But I couldn´t listen to it all the time.
Best is to go to one of these events fully dressed up Medieval style and lose yourself for an afternoon ..... Wink

Guilty !!!
Ancient Muse (Andy)
As nature intended
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Wales

Sometimes a redhead, always a natural blonde!

« Reply #234 on: August 20, 2009, 09:11:01 PM »

Best is to go to one of these events fully dressed up Medieval style and lose yourself for an afternoon ..... Wink

Now THAT sounds like my sort of holiday! I love dressing up!  Grin Tiara

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Selam

« Reply #235 on: August 20, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »

I loved the medieval festivals in Germany "Mittelaltermarkt" - a whole weekend of entertainment, music , food and drink.

I go to two (goth) festivals in Germany each year and they both have large areas of mittelaltermarkt/heidinische dorf - wonderful!!! Music, mead and meat! Smiley

Buddy Freebury

« Reply #236 on: August 20, 2009, 09:19:47 PM »

Although I did introduce myself I didn't fill out the questionnaire  Shocked

My Name is Buddy and I live with my wife Andrea (who is my musical partner) in Parcllyn Wales

Found the site whilst "googleing" and thought it would be a good idea to make some new friends and hopefully find some old ones too  Wink

Fairport were responsible for me progressing from Rock music to Folk and I was lucky enough to see them live with Sandy Denny in 1976 at York University (Peggy has a framed copy of my ticket in the Cropredy Caravan)
Andrea and I met the "chaps" when I was driving the van for their support band in Germany in 1997 which lead to us being regular visitors at Cropredy and dare I say ....playing there as "Sandwitch" opening the Friday Session in 2001.  Lips Sealed

Although my roots were once set in Rock I progressed to Folk/Rock traditional Folk Goth Rock and almost anything that I believe sounds good.

5.   What was the last gig/festival/recital/concert that you attended?  What was it like?

See Andrea's answer above  Wink

6.   What was the last CD that you bought?  Would you recommend it?

Well it would have been the In Extremo which I bought together with Andrea ..... I would recommend it yes but for me it is one of those cd's .... you have to be in the right mood to listen to it.

“Tonight, Sir Robert, I am going to be my all time favourite singer ……. (name of singer) and I will
            sing:  ' ................................'   (name of song)

I don't have an all time favorite singer but I do love Andrea's voice and singing and playing together with her.

Alias "The Witchmaster"

Andrea Freebury

..half a Sandwitch..

« Reply #237 on: August 20, 2009, 09:23:29 PM »

We should meet up for a girls´weekend - sounds like we could have loads of fun !  Grin

Guilty !!!
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #238 on: August 20, 2009, 10:41:54 PM »

Now THAT sounds like my sort of holiday! I love dressing up!  Grin Tiara

That's not what I had heard  Wink Grin

Paul

Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2009, 11:11:28 PM »

Hi

Just found this thread, so better fill in the little survey.

Andy from Leicester.

Ewen and Helen telling me for the last few years I should.

First album bought in the late 70s and been coming to Cropredy on and off for a few years and managed the last four. My 2010 annual leave is already booked.

Rock, Classical & obviously folk (especially weird/acid folk)

Last gig Golden Animals (great American duo), next gig Tiny Tin Lady, also at The Musician

6.   What was the last CD that you bought?  Would you recommend it?

Love, Loyalty and Other Lies by Cruel Folk, yes would throughly recommend it.

“Tonight, Sir Robert, I am going to be asleep fairly soon as it's getting late.

So hello to everybody and already looking forward to next years Cropredy, especially as once again Fairport aren't visiting Leicester.

Cheers all
Andy

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: