TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:59:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Popular album reviews website requires information about Fairport Convention.  (Read 6060 times)
AdrianDenning

« on: June 03, 2006, 11:37:19 PM »

I adore Dave Swarbrick, Sandy Denny and Richard Thompson, therefore, by extension, Fairport Convention.
I've reviewed a lot of albums, over 1 thousand from a variety of genres for my site, I get 10 - 20 thousand
hits a day. I'm rare, in that my site is brittish ran, although also has a lot of american coverage.

I was born in devon and grew up with folk music. Yet, I want to do a spot on, comprehensive
Fairport Convention page. I have the albums. I have very little background information.

Any historical insights anybody here has, any conversations with original members, because i'm only
31 years of age, then please visit adriandenning.co.uk and send me a message. All i've got so far is a few RT reviews and one
Sandy review, amongst the 1000 other reviews i've done in five years,

The internet needs a definitive fairport convention albums reviews page, I intend to do it, but I need info!

Thanks.
Sir Robert Peel
Our Man For All Seasons
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 08:48:47 PM »

Where to begin, dear boy.  Huh

We've been talking about Fairport albums non-stop since 2002. Presumably you've had a mooch around the discussions preceding your topic?

Sir Robert Peel
Global Moderator.
Anna
I'll be Susan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London Colney, near St Albans, Herts

That's her, with the fluteystick...

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 12:46:34 PM »

Hmm?

Start with www.fairportconvention.com ?  There's a couple of good band and personnel history pages under Features

Then try Expletive Delighted at http://www.fcfansite.fsnet.co.uk/ ?

Or were you looking for something new, different, etc?  I'll get me coat...

Flute player seeks ragtime band...
AdrianDenning

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 08:50:50 PM »

Well, sources of information such as interviews and so on. Anecdotes. I've got the official sites bookmarked, but it seems for such an important band, there's a real lack of info. Yet, I'll certainly be browsing this forum, rest assured!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: