TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:40:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dave Mattacks "sighting"  (Read 4065 times)
Jonathan

Loc: US

« on: May 31, 2006, 12:36:38 AM »

From Ellis Paul's website.  He's an American folk singer, originally from Maine, now lives in Charlottesville, which is about three hours or so west from Washington DC.
O.k., o.k., so we Americans can't spell.  And I guess it shows how much respect drummers get, seems Ellis doesn't spell poor Dave's name correctly.
Ellis Paul has worked a good amount with John Jennings in the past.  Jennings has been Mary Chapin Carpenter's guitarist for awhile now, so I can see how Paul got hooked up with Mattacks. 

Back Home in Charlottesville after a whirlwind tour
May 30th, 2006
Charlottesville, VA

Hello y'all--

I am back in Charlottesville after a whirlwind of a trip through Europe and back to New England. More on those shows a bit later, but I would like to thank everyone involved in the shows in Germany, France and Britian for all the support, and I can't wait to return. I have never drank as many pints as I have over the last couple of weeks. i could see disappearing into the European Pub culture and never coming out!

II am now back home drying out, and I am starting the recording process for the "best of" album and have narrowed the song selection somewhat. Thanks so much for the input, your lists revealed that I need to keep "Did Galileo Pray" and "The Speed of Trees" on the record! And it confirmed some other choices as well, such as "Roll Away Bed" and "The Martyr's Lounge" among other things.

I am recording in Charlottesville over the next few days with John Jennings, who has produced John Gorka, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and Bill Morrissey. We are recording a few of the classics (if you Break down, words, and Maria's Beautiful Mess) and taking a swing at at a couple of new ones.

Don Conoscenti, on acoustic guitar, is flying in from Chicago, and Dave Maddox , on drums, formerly of Fairport Convention, is coming in from Boston as well. We will be recording six or seven songs.

I took me mandolin to the party, but no one asked me to play it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: