TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:33:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A moveable feast re issue  (Read 7563 times)
Mindwarper
Embrace your inner geeky prog freak
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: S.F. Ca. USA

Friendly Drunkard

« on: May 24, 2006, 11:49:14 PM »

Hi all,

I just rebought it for the live version of Polly on the shore. And I am very happy. I wish they would have made a double cd. This is such a great time for FC IMO. Does anyone know the complete set list? What is not included on the cd? I am enjoying playing it again and just love the slowed down version of Polly. As well as a great version of John the gun. .....My shadow follows me....Wow such a great song. 

ps -What live material would you want released? There is a lot of live 80's, 90, and 2000's, but little from the 60's and the 70's. (this, house full, and farewell, farewell are the only official ones I know of) I would love a complete 69 show with Denny, a angle delight tour with lord marlborough, more 74/75 with Denny, and a Tipples tale show that includes yee mariners all. What are some eras you think need a live cd?

Stop the violens, Visualise whirled peas
Jack O Diamonds
Hard Card

Gone, Gone, Gone

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 01:30:27 AM »

April 1968, Middle Earth or UFO... but I dream...

So we beat on. boats against the current...
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 06:14:31 AM »

1974/75 is well covered by three further official releases: Before The Moon, Who Knows? (WW Archives Vol 1), and Many Ears To Please.
I'm sure anyone would be dead eager to see a 1969 show released, but there's nothing. The one recording that I know of, which I haven't heard but I've been told it exists, is apparently very, very bad sound quality, and not usable.
An Angel Delight tour, well from the top of my head there's equally little, although a Swedish radio tape is pretty good, and has an absolutely great Swarb-sung Tam Lin. Alex may know of more stuff from that era, my tape trading days are long gone ;-)
There are a few excellent 1977/8 recordings around, and fingers crossed for a Woodworm Archives (or other) release which has live stuff from that still pretty much overlooked era. I'd much prefer that to, well, any other archive release. It's about time, a live Bonny Bunch tour gig on CD.
KeithP

Loc: France and Italy

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 07:47:10 AM »

There are a few live shows around from 1968 - 69, although most are not particularly good quality recordings.

There is the June 1968 Whittlesey Barn Barbeque, Royal Festival Hall from 1968 and 1969, and some numbers from a 1969 Southampton University show.
From 1970 onwards there is quite a lot of stuff.

KeithP
Thor-Rune

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 09:48:38 AM »

As far as the Angel Delight era is concerned, there is an exciting recording from a festival in Finland doing the rounds. The sound quality is very good and so is the performance. Only seven tracks on my copy, though. No sign of Lord Marlborough, I'm afraid. It does, however, feature Sir William Gower which was very rarely performed (and a particular AD favourite of mine). A loud and exciting version of The Journeyman's Grace, as well.

Check it out if you come across it - well recommended.

Thor-Rune
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »

I recall the Angel Delight line-up doing a Radio 1 In Concert or similar. Somewhere I have a reel to reel tape of it if it hasn't disintegrated.
Jack O Diamonds
Hard Card

Gone, Gone, Gone

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 10:32:24 PM »

There are a few live shows around from 1968 - 69, although most are not particularly good quality recordings.

There is the June 1968 Whittlesey Barn Barbeque, Royal Festival Hall from 1968 and 1969, and some numbers from a 1969 Southampton University show.
From 1970 onwards there is quite a lot of stuff.

KeithP

1968... Whittlesey.... very very early Sandy Denny? Tell me more, stranger!

So we beat on. boats against the current...
KeithP

Loc: France and Italy

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 04:18:54 PM »

1968... Whittlesey.... very very early Sandy Denny? Tell me more, stranger!

The Whittlesey Barn Barbeque was on 2 June 1968 and Fairport appeared along with Donovan, John Mayall, Fleetwood Mac, The Move, Amen Corner, and Blossom Toes.
The recording of Fairport isn't of particularly good quality, but worth having as it is the earliest live audience recording that I'm aware of. The setlist was:

It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry
I Don't Know Where I Stand
You Never Wanted Me
Impromptu Song
Some Sweet Day
Close The Door Lightly
Jack O'Diamonds
Reno Nevada

KeithP
Pat Helms
Long live Freewheelin' Franklin!!

Loc: E. TENNESSEE

Often wrong.....never in doubt

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 12:49:48 AM »

Sure hope its been transferred digitally.  Gold is gold!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: