TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:54:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: while we await tracklist for newest live double CD  (Read 13398 times)
NeilMcLaughlin

Loc: Ohio

« on: December 04, 2005, 01:26:08 PM »

Until we have a tracklist, we can only hope that we get some different songs from past live releases in the new double live CD mentioned on the other topic thread.  But I thought it might be a good opportunity to see what others on the board think of an idea I sent off to the gang at Matty Grooves.  The idea came about when I got the Live at the Marlowe DVD, which clearly listed Chasing the Dragon, which is absolutely not included on the video.

I emailed the group my thought that although it was an excellent concert/selection of songs, as someone from the States who never sees the winter tours, I was a bit disappointed to not see their collaboration with Andy Guttridge on one of his songs.  I told them that one of the reasons I am sorry I never get to see their winter tours is the unique relationship they seem to have with their opening acts, always doing a song together with them.

I thought it would be a great idea for them to issue a Woodworm Archives CD or Matty Grooves CD which consisted entirely of these Winter Tour Collaborations, which would further the seeming goal they have of introducing these acts to a wider audience.

Now, of course, I realize that there might be licensing issues which kept Chasing the Dragon off of the DVD (and the Journeyman's Grace CD), but my point in posting this idea here is twofold:
1) to see how many of those of you who have witnessed these collaborations would support this type of release
2)to find out if there are specific songs you recall from these winter tour collaborations that you would particularly like to have

Is it too late to change the way we're bound to go?
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 01:32:31 PM »

Great idea Neil...  who could forget the Tango song with David Hughes..  and I think (pleease correct me someone..) they did It's Now or Never with steve Tilston....

Yes please...

AmyJen Grin

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
gower flower (Shirl)
Welsh Undresser
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Sweet synchronicity

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 03:36:42 PM »

Yes I like the sound of that. How about "The Dream" with Hilary James and Simon Mayor?

As for David Hughes' "Tango" oh, yes please!!

Gower Flower Tiara

That's not dirt, it's patination!
Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 04:05:45 PM »

and I think (pleease correct me someone..) they did It's Now or Never with steve Tilston....

Yes please...

AmyJen Grin

Certainly did at The Cornmarket, Cambridge. Forgotten all about it until you mentioned it!

M of F
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 05:38:15 PM »

Great idea Neil...  who could forget the Tango song with David Hughes..  AmyJen Grin

Certainly no-one who bought 'Recognised' by one David Hughes..... Wink

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
johanna/ulla
The Cropredy Opening Act
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Worms, Germany

Don´t mention the war

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 12:24:45 PM »

they did It's Now or Never with steve Tilston....

Yes please...

AmyJen Grin

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Lips Sealed
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 12:50:14 PM »

I guess that means you don't like that one then Ulla??

AmyJen(who does Grin)

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 12:54:29 PM »

Great idea Neil...  who could forget the Tango song with David Hughes..  and I think (pleease correct me someone..) they did It's Now or Never with steve Tilston....

Yes please...

AmyJen Grin

It's Now Or Never with Steve Tilston appears on the 'Rareport Convention' disc of the Fairport UnConventional box set...

Will

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
johanna/ulla
The Cropredy Opening Act
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Worms, Germany

Don´t mention the war

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 01:08:09 PM »

I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
Leila
Garter Girl

Loc: Norwich, England

Lie back and think of Little Johnny England

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 06:40:00 PM »

The Dream! I remember that one! Be good if they could get that one recorded or something..
It's Now Or Never.. umm, overdose of that when I was even younger, so... eep.

I live in my own little world and chat to the aliens living there
NeilMcLaughlin

Loc: Ohio

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 09:59:59 PM »

It's Now Or Never with Steve Tilston appears on the 'Rareport Convention' disc of the Fairport UnConventional box set...

Will
[/quote]

I guess that I'm among those who really enjoyed this cut, which is why I was intrigued by the notion
of hearing some of the other stuff that arose from the collaborations between the warm-up act and the lads.  How far back does the tradition of this go on the Winter Tours?  Is there a whole CD's worth of material even if stuff like this that is released in some official format already was left off?

Is it too late to change the way we're bound to go?
Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 08:30:27 AM »

I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

Well you may, Ulla. It is still classified as an Italian folk song!!! See Wikipedia website Grin

Yours pedantly

M of F
Jonathan

Loc: US

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 12:25:07 AM »

"Is there a whole CD's worth of material even if stuff like this that is released in some official format already was left off?"

Even if there isn't enough for a whole CD worth of material, they could release a live CD of different songs from various winter tours that focuses on the collaberations I suppose.

I took me mandolin to the party, but no one asked me to play it.
Simon Nicol
Samantha was detained elsewhere...

Loc: Usually CT4

Wilco ... and Out!

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 05:04:17 PM »

The track list is just up on the FC website. Peggy and Ric mastered it last week and seem pleased with the result - I heard it in the rough and look forward to hearing the 'balanced' version. Well at least once,,
Happy Christmas one and all, by the way.
Simon

As the Zen Master said, "Don't just do something - sit there!"
steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 10:08:13 AM »

Perhaps it's because everyone is busy elsewhere, but I am amazed that I am the first to respond to Simon's message.

We were fortunate enough to see three of the acoustic gigs - all different in their own way, but each of them an experience which we will remember for a long time to come. I don't think we were alone in feeling that this Tour was something very special  - almost like a good book which on the one hand you can't put down, but on the other you don't want to end.

Many thanks, particularly to Rob for having the foresight to record it and to Ric and Peggy for cracking on with production. Another reason to look forward to Tewkesbury in February.
Mix (Mic)
Cowcatcher for Coocachoo
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Staffs

Once more unto the breech...

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 10:51:43 AM »

Cambridge, February....pennies in hot little hand, ready and waiting!!!!

Mic

Work like you don't need the money
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching
Alden

Loc: Connecticut, USA

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 12:31:33 PM »

I'm pleased to see the new live double CD will be available on the Fairport website for those of us who live overseas.  Grin    So far, it doesn't look like the spring tour of the US will get close enough for me to attend. Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: