TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:54:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2005 Dylan Project Tour  (Read 28822 times)
johanna/ulla
The Cropredy Opening Act
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Worms, Germany

Don´t mention the war

« on: November 29, 2005, 02:09:26 PM »

Who is going to see them where?
Who will write reviews? Oh, and some photos would be nice  Kiss
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 01:47:30 PM »

Here goes, bear in mind I'm not very fgood at this sort of thing.

All round good performance as you would expect.

PJ
The more I see of PJ the more I realise that he is one of the un-sung masters of his craft.  The slide & pedal guitar work was sublime and when it came time take lead guitar the output was wonderful, really made it sing.
Steve G
Made his usual wonderful job of being his Bobness.
Gerry
Solid reliable drumming made a tight set sound even "tighter" if you get my drift
Peggy
Welcome back mate  Grin!  No lack of confidence here............once he got into it he was bopping like a good 'un, smiling, laughing and sharing jokes with Simon.  Met him the bar before hand and recieved an enourmous bear hug! He proceeded to do his usual marketing bit by running around the place dropping FC newsletters on every availble table, shelf, bar, lap etc.  
Simon
Cracking work with the six and twelve string acoustics.  Excellent backing vocals which blend in very well with Steve's lead.

All in all a good gig in a good venue.  I would estimate an audience of around 150 people who all seemed to lapping up the goodies.  The only problem I have with seeing the Dylans is that I keep expecting a Fairport song or tune!

Well done chaps an thanks for a cracking night out.

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
AdrianW
always good to have a target to miss
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Cheshire

"The weird bloke"

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 03:43:00 AM »

The Dylan Project and Tiny Tin Lady in Kendal 03/12/05

Apologies for the delay. I stayed overnight, and then went for a winter cruise on Windermere. A bit wet, but there was an absolutely wonderful two arc rainbow, with the ends of the outer arc splitting into inverted "Y"s.

The gig was excellent. Looked like a near capacity audience, really enjoying themselves. I was brave, and wore my  Fez surfacing some TAW and other Cropredy people.

The Dylan Project, consumate professionals that they are, were of course splendid. Regretably, PJ didn't burst into "Wipeout" (apparently he did on 02/12).

Tiny Tin Lady, who were good when I first heard them (Cropredy 2004), continue to improve on each outing.

The venue was good. The food was good (I loved the hot goats c****e). The sound system was very good.

But, best of all, Peggy looked well and happy.

-- Adrian
I cried for madder music and for stronger wine,
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 10:27:59 AM »

... followed by another great night at Farnsfield...  the TTLs did a 20orsominute slot as the audience was arriving....  The Dylans had the most sound equipment our hall has EVER seen and the set was superb.

Peggy was really on form.. looking very happy (lovely to meet ET too) Great to see him again.

We had a our biggest audience yet.. (until a week on Friday that is!) The room was jam packed and we could have sold many more tix.

I understand there's to be a proper review by Mike soon on the FC website and one in our local paper written by a proper writer...  I'll post that after I've seen it.

I took piccies.. haven't had chance to loook at them yet.. but will post some later.

A great gig!! Grin

AmyJendeSherwood

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 02:48:43 PM »

A couple of piccies.. I hope...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 10:14:07 PM »

Many thanks to Amy, Pugs, Mike and Jill for a terrific evening at the Farnsfield village centre on Sunday, I had a great time. Nice to meet up with fellow boardsters Pastie Boy, Pastie Girl and Delfini.   I have included some pics of the evening.

martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 10:20:35 PM »

and another pic

Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 09:04:08 AM »

Great night at Wavendon Stables which has been modernised and made into a real theatre since I last saw FC there about 10 years ago. Long cross-country drive, but well worth it.

Steve Gibbons strumming an accoustic gave much better sound than his previous solid which always seemed to me to be just a prop. Bass solo breaks from Peggy in three numbers; don't recall those from last time. Having seen them last year at Southend minus Gerry (away on other duties), last night made me wonder how they had coped that time.

Took along an FC virgin; that's another one hooked Smiley One member of party won 2nd prize in raffle. All in all a very good evening.

Malcolm

Edthefolkie
The relish on the baguette

Loc: East Midlands, UK

Sir John gives me guidance

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 06:07:01 PM »

Know this is a bit late but SOMEBODY put a virus on our PC  Shocked

Splendid night in Farnsfield last Sun - great band, great venue, great Talkawhilers, great Mayfly.

Also great senior moment by Mr. Gibbons forgetting the words during Love Minus Zero/No Limit.

And thanks to the gent who set him back on the right road by shouting "The cloak and dagger dangles!!"

Certainly does - none of us are getting any younger Steve. Where am I Huh

Cheers - (Senior) Ed

Sorry dear, Rabelais' off
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 09:10:55 AM »

Well, last nights Dylan Project at the 100 club just rocked!  Grin a great venue for a gig like this. The sound was superb,as usual, thanks to Brav - yes Peggy looked well,and how can Steve Gibbons 'do it better than the real thing?' was the question?!

How can 5 'old' men make a young girl so happy??!!!!!! LOL  Wink  - Well............................ In the queue we met a really lovely young person in her 20's, she was on her own and sat with us. She had previously seen Fairport a few weeks back at this same venue, wants to come to Cropredy and  told us that they were so amazing that she thought she would like to return for the Dylan's and I don't think she was disappointed by the delighted look on her face.  Grin  She told me how she absolutely 'loves' 'folk' type music  and we got talking about all things Fairport and the extended Fairport family, Cropredy etc! I told her about this Board, so hopefully she will appear on here and post a great review? That would be great Vicky, if you are reading this!! And if you do decide to join this mad bunch, then welcome! You have so much to catch up on!!  Tiara

Obviously all this stuff was from a long time before she was even born but we left last night dancing, rocking and smiling!

I know NOTHING about guitars but I am sure someone will put me right here. PJ appeard to be playing a very old Fender Telecaster, would I be correct? This sounded so good! Had a great view of PJ's playing and he is amazing with the slide guitar and pedal guitar!

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 09:35:12 AM »

Mayfly ED???

What's that then?

.. and where was I when they were being handed out???

Good to see you there Grin

AmyJen

Alex Tandem
ANONYMOUS MEMBER
n3wb

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 10:47:28 AM »

Hello JJ! First of all I have to thankyou for your kind words, its enough to make a girl blush Kiss secondly I have to apologise for my late posting, this thing wont let me sign on Tongue (think it might be an email problem). At the mo I'm using trusted friend & colleague Alex's sign in as he signed up after seeing how dejected I had become after not being able to write to you. (who can i actually write to about this?)

Anyway back to the gig, it was lovely to have met you as it is very rare that I can mention folk without the people around me taking a few steps back Sad I think that it might be the age thing. Fairport! what a band, the Dylan project bloomin marvelous, usually I don't like tribute bands but they were really something else! I feel that had his bobness been there he would have been really proud Fez Great music, fantastic company and happy memories. Well hopefully I can get this sign  in thing sorted but until then take care & be good.
Lots of love
Vikki Rosexx
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 02:19:45 PM »

Dear Jude
hanks ever so much for that, it really helps. JJ was right I like it here...... Fez
Vikki Rosexx

Oh Hello Vikki! So pleased you have posted a great review, and welcome  Grin  I know you will enjoy yourself soo much on here, it's so refreshing to have met a 'young Folkie' Hope to see you at Cropredy!
Keep on posting!

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
peterryb

Far from the Western Hills of Birth

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2005, 09:58:07 PM »

Saw the DP at Cropredy which was great,albeit I was a bit "out of it " at such an inebriated late hour on the Friday night. I was going to drive down to the 100 Club in London, but unfortunetly didn't in the end, (100 miles back to East Anglia late on a Friday night when you've promised the youngster at home to go Christmas shopping the next day is a bit off-putting, what happened to those youthful days of hitching to the Reading Festival through the night?!), but I and a few friends after seeing this great band want to know where the first CD can be bought? Have tried the Fairport shop part of this site, but not available, it is deleted, it seems. Anybody any ideas, other than searching on e-bay? Would pay a sensible price for a "burned" copy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: