TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:05:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport Autumn Dates  (Read 71685 times)
steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2005, 04:29:23 PM »

My guess at Blakeney would be Norfolk - the venue (Harbour Room) rather gives it away..... Wink

It is indeed Blakeney on the North Norfolk coast - I'd guess the Harbour Room is probably at the Manor which is,strangely enough, in close proximity to the harbour. The other option is the Blakeney Hotel which is v. posh.

Steve
SteveK
No load, always skip

Loc: London

It's a long way up from down here

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2005, 12:42:40 PM »

Now - which gig(s) to go to?  Chipping Norton will be good as the first one and it's not a huge journey; I've never been to the 100 Club before, sounds posh; Finchley's the closest to me; Grays is possible; Newbury is just feasible.  Hmmm.  Think I'll see which one(s) are getting a good group from here...

I settled on the Finchley gig and booked this morning (on the fourth row).

After a couple of painful experiences at the Half Moon (physically not acoustically) Martin K and myself preferred the certainty of getting a seat. As I understand it the 100 Club (which would have been closest for me by far) does not have very many seats, and they're not bookable.

SteveK
anne

Loc: hadrians wall cumbria

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2005, 11:14:36 AM »

Hi , thanks for the parking advice at The Red Lion, we now have our three tickets in their multicolour glory (never been to a venue where all the tickets are printed on different coloured card before!) in our hands and are looking forward to the gig........Anne
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2005, 11:21:29 AM »

Hi , thanks for the parking advice at The Red Lion, we now have our three tickets in their multicolour glory (never been to a venue where all the tickets are printed on different coloured card before!) in our hands and are looking forward to the gig........Anne
Myself and Simon F should be there, all being well.  Anybody else for this one?

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2005, 12:31:14 PM »

Anyone else going to the gig in Mansfield?Huh

AmyJen

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2005, 11:07:31 PM »

I settled on the Finchley gig and booked this morning (on the fourth row).

Interesting press cutting from their local rag here!

Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 12:20:54 AM »

I have to say that that report  is one of the most confused I've ever read. Still, the chaps are in the news, which is good, but the quality of the reporting is low, which is bad.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2005, 11:07:39 PM »

Anyone else going to the gig in Mansfield?Huh

AmyJen

contemplating it........ Undecided

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2005, 12:09:43 AM »

Great Delphini.. see you there...  in fact come to our house and go there with us if you like!!!

AmyJen Grin

Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Boatgirl
I split my pink wellies

Loc: Cropredy

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2005, 04:27:46 PM »

Yikes! Anyone wishing to come to the gig at Chipping Norton Theatre on Saturday 29th October best get a wriggle on. General booking opened this morning and there are currently only 34 seats left.

That's right folks, 34.

Box Office is 01608 642350 or you can now book online at www.chippingnortontheatre.co.uk

Don't forget also that Rainbow Chasers will be appearing on Saturday 14th January. Tickets are a bargain at £10/£8 concessions.

See you there!
Boatgirl

"What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has magic, power, and genius in it." Goethe
Suzanne
I have their verdicts in writing

"Mum" to Bentley's Ben and Barnaby

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2005, 08:31:09 PM »

I had one hell of a job getting 4 tickets for the Chippy Norton show - I still don't know if I've ended up with seats in row B or row K Huh  (I kept asking for the former when given the choice but I'm not convinced that I made that clear enough Embarrassed)
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2005, 10:54:52 PM »

Great Delphini.. see you there...  in fact come to our house and go there with us if you like!!!

AmyJen Grin

Thanks for the offer, but it looks like it's logistically impossible with work committments  - and the amount of other gigs I seem to have planned for the autumn Grin

I'll review it nearer the time, hoping it's not a sell-out

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Boatgirl
I split my pink wellies

Loc: Cropredy

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2005, 01:29:13 PM »

If anyone is interested, Simon and Ric will be playing at a fundraising event at Chipping Norton Lido this Sunday (11th Sept).

The event is to launch Emma's Trust, a charity set up in memory of a local girl, Emma Curtis-Smith, to help young people realise their ambitions to work in sports and the arts.
King Pleasure & The Biscuit Boys are also performing, and there are loads of other activities and workshops throughout the day.

Tickets for the evening concert are £20, with proceeds going to Emma's Trust. For details visit www.emmastrust.com

"What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has magic, power, and genius in it." Goethe
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2005, 02:07:30 PM »

There are also VIP tickets (to include champagne!) for £40. Shame I can't make it.

Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2005, 09:33:51 AM »

Time to bring this back to the top....

I notice that the European tour has had at least one extra date in Germany added. Check out the website

Koen - it's the day after yours, so they won't be staying for lunch....

steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2005, 04:09:49 PM »

Just back from a weekend in North Norfolk - posters for the Blakeney gig all over the place!

To clear up confusion from my earlier post - Harbour Rooms are the new Britsih Legion function rooms at the top of the High Street for those that know Blakeney - very smart from the outside and apparently home to a recently established folk club.

Now how do we get from Chippy on Saturday to Blakeney on Sunday......................
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2005, 04:24:18 PM »

Now how do we get from Chippy on Saturday to Blakeney on Sunday......

I was thinking the self-same thing. It helps that I have friends slightly further up the coast, but it's a Sunday evening....

But I'd probably split the fuel costs if you were up for driving. The lads have to, so it can't be too bad!

Taliesin

Loc: Burton-Upon-Trent

Druid of Bass, with a Folk, blues & Metal leant.

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2005, 06:54:05 PM »

Looks like the Mansfield one is about the clossest to me & I'm actually off work. Though it is the night before I'm supposed to be out doing a gig myself with the new band (not the one in my website). God, but I hate Mansfield though Undecided Though not as much as the alternative which is Negotiating Birmingham Traffic.

The Dragons stir below for the old Gods awaken from their long slumber

http://www.freewebs.com/branstones/
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2005, 09:34:30 AM »

Looks like the Mansfield one is about the clossest to me & I'm actually off work. God, but I hate Mansfield though Undecided

Oi Taliesin...  can you tell us why you hate Mansfield please...

I'll see you there.....

AmyJenwholivesafewmileseastofMansfieldbutwasn'tbornthere Wink

pauled

Loc: Swansea

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2005, 10:59:56 AM »

I have to say that that report  is one of the most confused I've ever read. Still, the chaps are in the news, which is good, but the quality of the reporting is low, which is bad.

Also to attempt a potted history of FC without mentioning Cropredy is a bit weird!

Paul

A holiday, a holiday and the BEST one of the year!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: