TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:48:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Positively Speaking!  (Read 72697 times)
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2005, 11:30:59 PM »

We brought our next door neighbours this year (five of them) and they have become utterly hooked having never heard a note of Fairport before. They were really taken by the eclecticism of the music across the whole weekend.

And we have just been treated to our own mini-fest in the back garden including a brilliantly played set of jigs played by nine-year old  fiddler who has become enchanted by the whole folk thing and a beautifully sung "Winter Winds" from a twelve year old. There is hope for the world.
Johnny-B-Mental

Loc: Leicester

Talk to me - I'm from another planet!!

« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2005, 12:02:01 AM »

We camped right on the bank of the canal and only about 100 yards from the coffee van in field 7.  great place and made friends with a great Auusie who was game even as we told him his cricket teams days (innings were numbered).
Great neighbors, great sound as wew were directly behind the stage and could hear the bands we were too drun tired to get to the stage to see  Cool

J-B-M
Leila
Garter Girl

Loc: Norwich, England

Lie back and think of Little Johnny England

« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2005, 08:55:07 PM »

Cropredy 2005 is probably the best one so far for me -  I went occasionally when I was younger but this year I knew more about the music and everything. 2004 got me hooked, 2005 reinforced it.
Got to meet people I'd only talked to online before then (they know who they are - I think) and actually stayed awake for all the acts. Had people to talk to I'd not met before instead of the usual group (too many small kids for my liking). Now all I want is a whistle played there from the stage.. and possibly a way of keeping warm at night! Although I seem to have a habit of acquiring jackets from the less temperature-vulnerable..
Music I knew!  First time as well! And Fairport's set  was mostly the stuff on my mental playlist..
Glowy things. The all-important glowy things. Also the shiny things.
Magpie in human form! Grin

I live in my own little world and chat to the aliens living there
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: