TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:03:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Earle -Live 2005  (Read 5208 times)
Dad Volt
Disturber of the Peace
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Preston Lancs

Same as before!

« on: July 04, 2005, 12:51:18 AM »

Well just got back from Manc land after one of the best gigs I have been too for quite a while. First up Alison Moorer who played to my ears a perfectly competent but by no means outstanding brand of american stylee singer song writer type stuff, however her version of "Carrickfergus" with Steve Earle on Mando was absolutely superb  Cry.
 Then next up Steve Earle who suprised us all by starting with the Pogues' classic "If I should fall from grace with God" which was played in honour of Shane who should have played the same venue yesterday but unfortunatley he is ill at the moment. Now I am not going to list all the songs as 1 I can never remember them and 2 some of the songs I didn't know (Got some of his CDs but not all) high points for me were "My old friend the blues", "Jerusalem" and "Dixieland" (New to me). But the main point was Steve Earle really came across as being an intelligent, humourous and passionate man, even if you don't agree with all he says that shines through. Just one man and his guitar (And occasional mando) held a decent crowd in his hand for pretty much two hours, a great night and as I said the best gig I have been to in ages! (Bloody hell I even bought a T shirt and the last time I did that at a gig was on the Gladys' Leap tour)  Come back soon Steve Fez
P.S. Apparentley Alison Moorer is due to become the next Mrs Steve Earle (She will be number 6 I think)

P.P.S. It rained, in Manchester, would you believe it Wink
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 12:56:39 AM by Dad Volt » Logged

Happy mainly.
Matt Hicks
my talent is actually french polishing
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Plymouth and also in residence in Birmingham

The Mothman

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 11:50:51 AM »

Thanks for that DV.

I really wanted to get to see Steve Earle. I know he comes to the UK quite regularly so I'm not too despondant. Glad you had a really great time though.

Matt

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: