TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:26:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandy Denny at the BBC Re-release  (Read 5341 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« on: June 09, 2007, 06:27:36 PM »

Yup. Someone on the SandyDennyList reported that this is a track on his new album.

While we're on the subject, Sandy Denny at the BBC is forthcoming from Universal. Seems to be a reissue of the deleted Strange Fruit CD, plus a second disc with a DVD of her TV appearance on One in Ten. Due out 9 July or 13 August, according to who you believe. Tracklist here:
http://http://www.101cd.com/detail.aspx?productid=1787021&asptnr=9691

Hoorah - that will annoy the speculators  Wink

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Thor-Rune

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 04:21:30 PM »

Yup. Someone on the SandyDennyList reported that this is a track on his new album.

While we're on the subject, Sandy Denny at the BBC is forthcoming from Universal. Seems to be a reissue of the deleted Strange Fruit CD, plus a second disc with a DVD of her TV appearance on One in Ten. Due out 9 July or 13 August, according to who you believe. Tracklist here:
http://http://www.101cd.com/detail.aspx?productid=1787021&asptnr=9691

Hoorah - that will annoy the speculators  Wink

Comparing the track lists I note that there is one track on the upcoming release that wasn't on the first issue from 1997. The new one has two different versions of "Solo" and the previous issue had only one. So there are now 21 tracks and only 20 on the old one. Plus, of course, the DVD stuff. Good news for us completists!

T-R
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 05:12:39 PM »

I'm so looking forward to this as I've never heard any of this stuff, bar what appeard on the two box sets.

Smiley

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Philip W
forgiving of the rhetorical flourish

Loc: Cambs

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 06:24:17 PM »

Comparing the track lists I note that there is one track on the upcoming release that wasn't on the first issue from 1997. The new one has two different versions of "Solo" and the previous issue had only one. So there are now 21 tracks and only 20 on the old one. Plus, of course, the DVD stuff. Good news for us completists!

T-R

Good news indeed!  Smiley And they've restored the chronological order of the sessions, which was mucked around in the earlier release. I'm hoping for a decent-quality copy of the video material at last. I just wonder how much research (if any) they did for the DVD. We know the Beeb didn't preserve her appearance on the Old Grey Whistle Test (more fool them!) but that programme was surely sold overseas. Is there really nothing languishing in some vault somewhere?  

Blogs at Brush on Drum and tweets at @PhilipEMWard
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 10:02:13 AM »

I'm sure I saw that OGWT footage on YouTube recently in very decent quality.  Certainly good enough to release.  Or was that a different show maybe?

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 01:41:43 PM »

Licencing of video from the BBC comes in at a grand a minute!

That's the current quote from those handling the BBC stuff....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: