TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 20, 2024, 08:52:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2012  (Read 281244 times)
Ancient Muse (Andy)
As nature intended
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Wales

Sometimes a redhead, always a natural blonde!

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2011, 10:02:56 PM »

IF it's true that Bellowhead are coming again so soon after the last time I for one will be over the moon, but next time I will watch them from a distance rather than squished against the barrier with JB's face right in front of me on the big screen yelling Little Sally Racket (probably the lowest point of any Bellowhead gig I've been to).
I'd love to see Leatherat, missed them before but like what I've heard online. If I have to go to the village to see them so be it - I've never done the "fringe" before. As long as they're not on the same time as BH ...

And I would STILL love to see Limehouse Lizzy at Cropredy.

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »

Two words - Robin Trower. He's got the licks, he's got the pedigree, he's got the late Saturday slot profile.

And he was very good at Weyfest last year.  imho  Grin

I'll second that. (Except it was this year  Smiley)

Paul

dooovall [Daniel]

Loc: Ohio

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2011, 10:29:52 PM »

There's a Scottish singer-songwriter-guitarist named Andi Neate who deserves a larger audience.  She would be a perfect Cropredy act.  Google her name to find her official site and hear samples of her music.
KascadeDan
A teenager at last
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: New Romney, Kent

I can't read the lines, let alone in-between!

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2011, 11:02:50 PM »

As much as I love Bellowhead, I'm slightly underwhelmed at the possibility of them being asked back so soon. I enjoyed them last time, I enjoyed them at Shrewsbury, but the thing I love about Cropredy is that every year has such a different line-up, and the most defining thing for me usually is the headline acts, because every year they have someone on the stage that's different to anyone they've ever had there (Seasick Steve, Steve Winwood, 10cc, Jools Holland, to name but few), and to have Bellowhead back so shortly just doesn't seem right to me.

Having said that, I felt the same way a few years back when they put Seth Lakeman on only two years after his last visit, but I enjoyed him as much the second time round as I did the first. My views will probably change slightly when I see the rest of the line-up.  

Imponderable Joy
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2011, 11:09:06 PM »

As much as I love Bellowhead, I'm slightly underwhelmed at the possibility of them being asked back so soon. I enjoyed them last time, I enjoyed them at Shrewsbury, but the thing I love about Cropredy is that every year has such a different line-up, and the most defining thing for me usually is the headline acts, because every year they have someone on the stage that's different to anyone they've ever had there (Seasick Steve, Steve Winwood, 10cc, Jools Holland, to name but few), and to have Bellowhead back so shortly just doesn't seem right to me.

Having said that, I felt the same way a few years back when they put Seth Lakeman on only two years after his last visit, but I enjoyed him as much the second time round as I did the first. My views will probably change slightly when I see the rest of the line-up.  

What if it looks like this?

Spiers & Boden
Jon Boden & the Remnant Kings
Fay Hield and the Hurricane Party
er...

Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Sandra
Landlady at Arms
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Just Glastonbury now

mines just the two pints, thanks

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2011, 11:53:09 PM »

Might just persuade me to go  Smiley

issy
with the fairies
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Exiled Nr Bracknell

« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2011, 11:58:55 PM »

I'm feeling very positive about this.  Bellowhead were fantastic last time and I'm not really a fan..  dont go to see them at gigs..

A couple of months ago i got tickets to see joan Armatrading (supported by Chris Wood!!) in Dec 2012..  little thinking that i might get to see her before that...  having been ambivalent about cropredy for the last few years, the date is now very much in my diary..

We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2011, 12:00:14 AM »

Spiers & Boden
er...

Your point being.....   Roll Eyes   Wink

Seriously, it doesn't matter who gets booked - someone somewhere will have a moan and a whinge about it. Personally I'd be happy if I never saw Home Service again as IMHO they were dire, but that is IMHO. If FC wants to book them again go ahead guys - it will make lots of people happy and I can always do something else.

Please people, concentrate on the acts that you do like and stop knocking the ones you don't.

Still, as Oscar Wilde said - "There's only one thing worse that being talked about.... and that't not being talked about!"

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2011, 04:40:52 AM »

Could be presumptious on my part, but has a band....any band, ever been confirmed (or been allowed to squeal the news about Cropredy) this early on? Not Bellowhead bashing mind you, just cant remember anyone saying it this early on....short of 4 months since Cropredy 2011 that they are confirmed for the following year.....just wondering.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2011, 08:06:41 AM »

RT may be a special case but he was confirmed before Crops 2011 for 2012.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2011, 08:45:22 AM »

Could be presumptious on my part, but has a band....any band, ever been confirmed (or been allowed to squeal the news about Cropredy) this early on?

Being on tour with Fairport's consigliere probably helps in terms of knowing your plans for next year. Anyone want to indulge a small wager on Ahab making the cut too?  Roll Eyes

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2011, 09:05:47 AM »

Could be presumptious on my part, but has a band....any band, ever been confirmed (or been allowed to squeal the news about Cropredy) this early on?

Being on tour with Fairport's consigliere probably helps in terms of knowing your plans for next year. Anyone want to indulge a small wager on Ahab making the cut too?  Roll Eyes

Lol!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

Loc: West Sussex

and mastery demands a certain style

« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »

Yes, artists sometimes know a year in advance, but everthing will still be 'subject to contract' until much nearer the time.
There are degrees of being 'confirmed' and maybe announcing depends on how confident the artist feels.

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2011, 09:25:16 AM »

Spiers & Boden
er...

Seriously, it doesn't matter who gets booked - someone somewhere will have a moan and a whinge about it. Personally I'd be happy if I never saw Home Service again as IMHO they were dire, but that is IMHO. If FC wants to book them again go ahead guys - it will make lots of people happy and I can always do something else.

Please people, concentrate on the acts that you do like and stop knocking the ones you don't.

Still, as Oscar Wilde said - "There's only one thing worse that being talked about.... and that't not being talked about!"

I will therefore make no comment about Davids comment. Grin

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Sandra
Landlady at Arms
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Just Glastonbury now

mines just the two pints, thanks

« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2011, 10:18:58 AM »

My thoughts as well Shane. I have a few more but I'll keep them to myself for now.

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »

Spiers & Boden
er...

I'm a fan, Bridget...I was only joking!

Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2011, 01:03:34 PM »

ive been dreading that

The Dude abides
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »

Talking of the ripple effect (and opening a can of worms), any news about The Red Lion ? Have new management/owners been found yet ?

Still up for sale, last time I heard.

I've also heard the Brasenose is going the sane way after next year's Cropredy

Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2011, 01:37:06 PM »

No gibbering in the corner, there, then.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Albie
or tea, if that is your cup of tea
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2011, 01:47:58 PM »

Talking of the ripple effect (and opening a can of worms), any news about The Red Lion ? Have new management/owners been found yet ?

Still up for sale, last time I heard.

Is the Lion shut then, or still trading but up for sale?

Difficult business, the pub trade, these last few years. Shame we haven't had any supportive governments who have appreciated their importance (not a party political point, they have all been rubbish).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: