TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 29, 2024, 02:59:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming releases of interest  (Read 145542 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #540 on: April 25, 2024, 01:09:04 PM »

And the 6th of September?  It's Roger Waters' birthday...  Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #541 on: April 25, 2024, 02:41:09 PM »

The sixth of September?

If I'm still alive by then, I'll consider it.

That's a ridiculous wait.

It is a bit.
Perhaps he needs the money to produce them.
Probably it's to tie in with some live dates or something.
I preordered, though more out of habit than excitement.

Well I never did..
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #542 on: April 25, 2024, 08:33:40 PM »

I've just been reading an interview with Mel Collins, who is working with Jakko Jacszyk on a re-release of A Scarcity of Miracles with outtakes etc, AND new material involving those two, Tony Levin, Gavin Harrison, (possibly) Pat Mastelotto and Robert Fripp. Mel refers to this being King Crimson material and says KC is "not dead yet". Interesting...

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #543 on: April 25, 2024, 08:58:24 PM »

I've just been reading an interview with Mel Collins, who is working with Jakko Jacszyk on a re-release of A Scarcity of Miracles with outtakes etc, AND new material involving those two, Tony Levin, Gavin Harrison, (possibly) Pat Mastelotto and Robert Fripp. Mel refers to this being King Crimson material and says KC is "not dead yet". Interesting...

Hmmm.  Well, ASoM is the only new material (most of) the last lineup put out (13 years ago!) so it's KC in all but name.  I can't see Fripp stepping back into the beast fully though...can you?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #544 on: April 25, 2024, 09:07:16 PM »

Mel doesn't mention live shows, just recordings - he avers that there will be 2 separate releases - the revised/expanded ASoC and the new (KC) material.

RF seems to be enjoying treading the boards with Toyah again this year, but another KC touring/live iteration?  As TLev, P@ and Mel will be busy with Stick Men, Tu-Ner and Dire Straits Legacy gigs respectively this year and next, I agree - I think not.

I guess Robert and Toyah are involved with the remastered/remixed Sunday All Over The World album due this year, and he with any remaining live releases from the 2014-21 era.

Flobbadob!
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #545 on: April 25, 2024, 11:57:01 PM »

I can't see Fripp stepping back into the beast fully though...can you?

He was quoted last year as saying he made more money from touring with Toyah, together with their YouTube channel than with KC. So no, can't see that. (Wouldn't have thought he needs the money, but his back seems pretty shite so his future touring days are limited, it would seem)

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #546 on: April 26, 2024, 08:33:15 AM »

I can't see Fripp stepping back into the beast fully though...can you?

He was quoted last year as saying he made more money from touring with Toyah, together with their YouTube channel than with KC. So no, can't see that. (Wouldn't have thought he needs the money, but his back seems pretty shite so his future touring days are limited, it would seem)

Why do you say that?  Because he sits down, or some other reason?  He's been playing sitting down virtually all his career...

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: