TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:07:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2024  (Read 13946 times)
Sue & Chris

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2023, 06:54:21 PM »

I agree about Trevor Horne. It's getting a bit like their obsession with Marillion a few years back. Just too much.
On the plus side, Wakeman,  Focus and Tickell yaayy, and plenty of interesting unknowns. Praying for a good Thursday night lead now...

Wakeman is the Thursday night headliner.

How do you know this?

It says so in the email, and on the Fairport website.

It also says that Trevor Horn Band is the Friday headliner.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2023, 06:59:07 PM »

I agree about Trevor Horne. It's getting a bit like their obsession with Marillion a few years back. Just too much.
On the plus side, Wakeman,  Focus and Tickell yaayy, and plenty of interesting unknowns. Praying for a good Thursday night lead now...

Wakeman is the Thursday night headliner.

How do you know this?

It says so in the email, and on the Fairport website.

It also says that Trevor Horn Band is the Friday headliner.

CCd

* Capture.JPG (43.28 KB, 679x359 - viewed 1171 times.)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2023, 08:01:35 PM »

It didn’t say anything about a sliding scale of costs this time, did it? Unless I missed it.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2023, 08:55:15 PM »

It didn’t say anything about a sliding scale of costs this time, did it? Unless I missed it.

It says Tier one tickets, so...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2023, 09:33:48 PM »

It says Tier one tickets, so...

Oh I missed that, skimming over it...ah well  Grin
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2023, 10:36:52 AM »

Big Big Train... Yeah!  Been top of my wishlist for Cropredy for the last several years!  And Kathryn Tickell.  A good solid start, I reckon.  I'll definitely be there.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Graham B

Loc: Northamptonshire

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2023, 07:17:11 PM »

I don't know how many tier one tickets there were, but by 19.50 on Monday when I bought my tickets it was up to tier 2.

Looks like a good line up to me. I'm looking forward to seeing Focus again. I'm happy with the Thursday and Friday headline acts and SilverBlues should be really interesting - they've got a great back catalogue to choose from with Lindisfarne and Fairport songs and tunes to pick from.
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2023, 08:49:21 PM »

I don't know how many tier one tickets there were, but by 19.50 on Monday when I bought my tickets it was up to tier 2.

Looks like a good line up to me. I'm looking forward to seeing Focus again. I'm happy with the Thursday and Friday headline acts and SilverBlues should be really interesting - they've got a great back catalogue to choose from with Lindisfarne and Fairport songs and tunes to pick from.

I saw SilverBlues a couple of months ago… they were great!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2023, 10:58:57 AM »

Bought my ticket today.

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
tarda (Gill)
Our own Harvey Goldsmith
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: West Sussex

Otis tarda - a slow bird but a great bustard

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2023, 01:32:54 PM »

I thought I'd be in time for tier one but that happened to me too.
SilverBlues were excellent at the New Forest Folk Festival last July. Good to see them in the line up.

"And dreams let you down; they just let you down,
But they never leave you..."
PJayBe

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2023, 04:33:00 PM »

Shouldn't the very wonderful Plumhall be on having done the tour.....
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2024, 10:15:51 AM »

According to Steve Knightley's FB post this morning, he'll be playing at Cropredy Fringe with his new project, Dream In Colour, which also features Johnny Kalsi.  He didn't say which venue.

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
barton cobbler

Loc: Earls Barton ,Northamptonshire

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2024, 07:39:20 PM »

Both the tier 1 tickets were sold on the first day !!!    I really think that this Tier 1, tier 2 tickets is a sneaky way of putting the price up when they feel like it. Why not be honest about it, First xxxx tier 1, followed by xxxx at tier 2 at least we would have a bit of an idea how much a ticket costs. Like others, I thought I would get tier 1 buying in the first few days but I didn't, not particularly happy, I can afford it but I DO think its a sneaky way to price it.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2024, 07:51:01 PM »

Both the tier 1 tickets were sold on the first day !!!    I really think that this Tier 1, tier 2 tickets is a sneaky way of putting the price up when they feel like it. Why not be honest about it, First xxxx tier 1, followed by xxxx at tier 2 at least we would have a bit of an idea how much a ticket costs. Like others, I thought I would get tier 1 buying in the first few days but I didn't, not particularly happy, I can afford it but I DO think its a sneaky way to price it.

Virtually every other festival in the land, and many other events of course, do this and with much less transparency.  By all means rail against the myriad ways capitalism get us to spend our money but don't single out one of the better proponents of the dark arts for doing something uniquely awful.  Basically, if you're quick enough you'll get the tier you want.  As you yourself admit, you didn't, so probably best to be "not particularly happy" with yourself rather than with the festival organisers...?

barton cobbler

Loc: Earls Barton ,Northamptonshire

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2024, 12:19:46 AM »

Virtually every other festival in the land, and many other events of course, do this and with much less transparency.  By all means rail against the myriad ways capitalism get us to spend our money but don't single out one of the better proponents of the dark arts for doing something uniquely awful.  Basically, if you're quick enough you'll get the tier you want.  As you yourself admit, you didn't, so probably best to be "not particularly happy" with yourself rather than with the festival organisers...?

Does every other festival do this? Yes they have different pricing, with prices going up on certain dates, like Cropredy did until very recently and I have no problem with this, you know where you stand. With no ticket amounts or dates no one has a clue, there obvious were not many Tier 1 tickets judging by what people have said on here, if there are just 500 Tier 1 tickets, then say that. It's not difficult and everyone knows where they stand.
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2024, 05:54:48 AM »

Does every other festival do this? Yes they have different pricing, with prices going up on certain dates, like Cropredy did until very recently and I have no problem with this, you know where you stand. With no ticket amounts or dates no one has a clue, there obvious were not many Tier 1 tickets judging by what people have said on here, if there are just 500 Tier 1 tickets, then say that. It's not difficult and everyone knows where they stand.

If it was known there only 500 Tier 1 tickets, you'd have potentially 501-20,000 cheesed off punters, disgruntled that they were sat in front of the PC ten minutes before countdown, ready to play fastest fingers and lost out.
Which would still be the case if it wasn't known.
If it was known, then there would be complaints along the likes of 'Why don't they have 1,000 Tier 1 tickets ?'' Why don't they get a computer system that can cope with demand ?'
The guys have been doing this for a long time, and I'm sure they have reasons for the choices they make. There aren't that many fests where the band are a cottage industry, putting on their own event, having to balance all sorts of issues, regarding punters, artists, legal regulations, vendors and themselves making a living.
Look at the queues to get on site and the chair dash Olympics to grab a bit of field, the weekend in that field has slowly turned from a band and audience as a big family chill out vibe, to a bit of a 'me first, rushy pushy, stress fest'.
A bit.
In my humble.

Well I never did..
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2024, 08:22:00 AM »

Look at the queues to get on site and the chair dash Olympics to grab a bit of field, the weekend in that field has slowly turned from a band and audience as a big family chill out vibe, to a bit of a 'me first, rushy pushy, stress fest'.
A bit.
In my humble.

And thereby, it might be argued, perfectly reflecting the times in which it exists.  As, it certainly feels to me, is the preposterous situation of someone blaming anybody but themselves for something that was entirely a result of their own shortcomings.  

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2024, 09:35:26 AM »

Full lineup due to be announced in half an hour...!

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2024, 10:09:59 AM »

Tony Christie, Ben Savage & Hannah Sanders, the Zac Schulze Gang - all added to Saturday's line-up, plus "our Special Surprise Guest who will take the stage on Saturday evening immediately before Fairport Convention’s marathon closing set. Who can it be?"

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2024, 10:12:04 AM »

Tony Christie, Ben Savage & Hannah Sanders, the Zac Schulze Gang - all added to Saturday's line-up, plus "our Special Surprise Guest who will take the stage on Saturday evening immediately before Fairport Convention’s marathon closing set. Who can it be?"

When is a complete festival lineup not a complete festival lineup...when there's a special surprise guest on the poster!  I wonder if Yusuf (or whoever it is) will spill the beans this time?  

Saving Grace would be my not very original guess...

ps didn't Tony C have a dementia diagnosis a while back, or did I imagine that?  Impressive to see him still treading the boards if so.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: