TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:40:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The end of an earlobe  (Read 1602 times)
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« on: February 26, 2023, 08:57:12 PM »

Easter time, 1977, was when I bought my first vinyl album, The Dark Side Of The Moon.
There were many other albums I wanted to buy, and I started to deal with that situation, only to find the swines kept releasing new ones.
Yesterday, the postman delivered the new albums by Sam Brown and Trials Of Cato.
It's taken about 45 years, but, for the first time ever, there are currently no recordings on my wish list.

Feels weird.

Well I never did..
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 09:11:07 AM »

Easter time, 1977, was when I bought my first vinyl album, The Dark Side Of The Moon.
There were many other albums I wanted to buy, and I started to deal with that situation, only to find the swines kept releasing new ones.
Yesterday, the postman delivered the new albums by Sam Brown and Trials Of Cato.
It's taken about 45 years, but, for the first time ever, there are currently no recordings on my wish list.

Feels weird.

There can be a number of reasons for that.

The ease of streaming
Availability of downloads, legal or otherwise
Quality of music being released
Seasonality
Empty nesting and fully paid off mortgage.
Storage space and/or downsizing.

Through hard work, sensible management of personal finances and no little good fortune I am in the very fortunate position of being able to buy what I want when I want it. Sometimes you think you would swap all that to be 20 again but who knows what things would be like second time around. I think I'll stick.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: