TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
July 27, 2024, 12:32:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Nicol & Ric Sanders live 2003 CD  (Read 4865 times)
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2024, 09:42:26 AM »

I hope there's some left on Saturday... maybe I should just order online

Flobbadob!
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2024, 09:54:30 AM »

I did. They arrived very promptly.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2024, 11:19:34 AM »

Ric just emailed me to say:

Hi Koen - thanks for getting this all together. I love the CD with me & Si. I think the best live CDs are when you don’t know you’re being recorded! I’ve given it a big plug in the Crop prog. Please send me your phone number so I can say thanks in real time! Love, Ric x

We aim to have available at Cropredy (via Talking Elephant):
200x Simon/Ric
150x Iain/Ad
200x Little Johnny England

Should Talking Elephant sell out by the end of Cropredy, I will definetely still have left here in NL. So no immediate worry there!
PJayBe

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2024, 04:46:33 PM »

They're well worth buying.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2024, 05:44:36 PM »

I've just ordered the Simon & Ric album

Flobbadob!
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2024, 03:54:14 PM »

Tracks popped up on the US WBRS Radio - and presenter/compiler Andy Nagy wrote about it:

Founding member Simon Nicol, singer and guitarist, had had an acoustic duo off and on with original fiddler Dave Swarbrick, and there are several superb recorded testaments to that partnership. Much less known, at least for me it was a revelation, was the duo of Simon with Ric Sanders, who has played with Fairport since Swarb left, and previously had been with The Albion Band and The Soft Machine. Their set makes up the first album of the trilogy. The next is a duo with early Fairport singer Iain Matthews and Dutch singer and guitarist Ad Vanderveen (aka The Iain AdVenture!). And the final act that night was the blistering electric folk rock act Little Johnny England, who also have some direct connections with the band sometimes referred to as The Fairport Confusion! This final album is actually a double cd, covering the entirety of their two set closing performance.
All three cds are absolute treasures, recorded from the soundboard and released with full permission of the artists, who indeed wrote the liner notes for each. If you needed more than just my say-so, we fully demonstrate that, by hearing a pair of songs from each of them, finishing with an extended improvisation on the Gershwin classic “Summertime” preceded by Ralph McTell’s gorgeous ballad “The Hiring Fair.” Simon and Ric in top form, as indeed all involved are.

Just sayin'. As said, available at Cropredy (Talking Elephant) - a 2nd box is sent there this week. But also of course directly available via info@radzrecords.com … it's starting to pop up online here and there, too. I hear it eventually will be at the UK Amazon, too, but, erm, everyone earns least in that case … so rather buy direct be it from Radz Records or (and in the UK this absolutely makes more sense) Talking Elephant.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: