TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:13:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport badges  (Read 2575 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« on: September 04, 2023, 04:55:01 PM »

This is my modest collection of badges purchased recently (a boy needs a hobby - it keeps me off the hard stuff).... The size of the Gottle badge made me literally laugh out loud when I opened the envelope.  That's one hell of a statement badge to have on your lapel...

I'm still annoyed at selling that solid silver brooch (to a famous music producer on the West Coast!) that was advertised in the (I think) '87 Cropredy programme, but hey....

Any others?  Let me know if you want to let them go Smiley

* Badge front small.jpg (134.11 KB, 816x612 - viewed 576 times.)

* Badge back small.jpg (124.84 KB, 816x612 - viewed 562 times.)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 08:23:41 PM »

I had Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and...Darts on my school blazer in the same size as the Gottle O' Geer badge. I still have the Darts one.

A nice little beginning there.

Well I never did..
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 10:47:53 AM »

I had Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and...Darts on my school blazer in the same size as the Gottle O' Geer badge. I still have the Darts one.

Cool.  Just to avoid confusion - this is just about Fairport badges.  There must be more...

[I do have loads of other badges...but that's for another time and place!  The badge market is utterly bonkers at the moment, especially in punk.  Early Damned, Clash and Pistols badges especially regularly going for 3 figures.  Check your drawers... Wink ]

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 10:55:30 AM »

Cool.  Just to avoid confusion - this is just about Fairport badges.  There must be more...

[I do have loads of other badges...but that's for another time and place!  The badge market is utterly bonkers at the moment, especially in punk.  Early Damned, Clash and Pistols badges especially regularly going for 3 figures.  Check your drawers... Wink ]

Check your drawers?!  Are these the, erm, more comfortable reissue of the (in)famous Fairport scanty panties?! (Not that I ever tried on a pair of the latter...)

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 10:57:28 AM »

Check your drawers?!  Are these the, erm, more comfortable reissue of the (in)famous Fairport scanty panties?! (Not that I ever tried on a pair of the latter...)

Ha!  I think they were on the merch stall at my first Cropredy ('84) but I might be wrong...  Talking of which, maybe a Cropredy merch over the years thread would be interesting... Undecided

Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 06:50:15 PM »

Talking of which, maybe a Cropredy merch over the years thread would be interesting... Undecided

For things like this? Spotted at my Brother's house just the other weekend...

Yes!

* Fairport YoYo.jpg (87.87 KB, 481x459 - viewed 443 times.)

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 07:00:38 PM »

Talking of which, maybe a Cropredy merch over the years thread would be interesting... Undecided

Yes!

Indeed!  Can you think of anywhere less safe to use a Yo-yo than at Cropredy?   Grin

Peter H-K
inexperienced in matters ebayular

Loc: North Lancashire

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 04:35:40 PM »

Yes!

For one strange moment I thought that was a smoke alarm. That would be some pretty niche merch ....
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2023, 05:40:00 PM »

Yes!

For one strange moment I thought that was a smoke alarm. That would be some pretty niche merch ....

Ha ha ha ha Grin

PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2023, 06:49:58 PM »

My first thought - ooh, a macaroon!

(and I don't even like macaroons...)

Flobbadob!
bassline (Mike)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2024, 08:40:59 AM »

Just searched Fairport badges on eBay.

Couple of items of interest.

Well I never did..
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2024, 08:45:52 AM »

Just searched Fairport badges on eBay.

Couple of items of interest.

No history to them, sadly though...

Or are you talking about these?  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/375177640323?hash=item575a547983:g:tTkAAOSw6itllccn&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwARdN%2BCBejAYSiwd7FoSzhw8w5hMjJmdDAbgF9btssINPAtuHkepvPoHgbxzhLtksEpb5kLb5dU3BHi%2FmTJU9keQ1RzzULSHhlRL8FkQbXGPUmYptjuSE5zo2WtnjTNbP5IwoDWCHxUQpV1jMEHz9wZosLgmjgaFQLP5IWS0b4x44KB3ukoy03cGyKs2%2BatoQ305zNn9jaTV1ifhCdNo1LPwJXqcPfSenFmuKwgQD8C%2FyQTkD3s%2FN4TSBcZ%2BoALhqQ%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-bEo_6wYw

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166579504129?hash=item26c8e98401:g:PvcAAOSwAYFj~Osd&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4BO5s4djxVHKZIC825lFMLfzyXa9CwTILubof2krffj4WnMK9dmP9Z0%2FBBuIoUok5a%2B7mwJ9u4iSVvY07xEvQWDUzKha3GC9DkaQgRLaWEGQxbNQe0ianuMEEDjO6hMEJkYxrqh%2B1a2uQ%2FLDTTuB1nI1ClK%2BcnV5kOL77xFBwICEWx%2FfB8b7iYW5CErjS9jP1VZD7qqjBVkU%2FGMz9fuFhzzZ7ytcKcxxLd5ARlnMk83%2FnhkyvUZ44pKYRRXGHjppZVKIYm6ynD7hUTM%2BWGEBDSQ4TuVRLPYyzNRYqF%2BN%2FwKW%7Ctkp%3ABFBM5MSj_rBj

bassline (Mike)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2024, 08:54:27 AM »

Not them..The Holidays and WKWTTG ones.

Worth a try...

Well I never did..
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2024, 08:57:46 AM »

Not them..The Holidays and WKWTTG ones.

Worth a try...

There's no history to them at all.  Made yesterday.  Sadly.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: