TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:31:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2022  (Read 61649 times)
johanna/ulla
The Cropredy Opening Act
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Worms, Germany

Don´t mention the war

« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2022, 10:13:17 AM »

There is a young lady from Germany, who would like to come to the festival for the first time. She is looking for somebody who could give her a lift from Germany (southern part) to Cropredy.
Wardi

Loc: N.Yorkshire

« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2022, 03:56:58 PM »

Re. Cream of the Crop.. can those from other campsites gain entry to the old Field 8 for the music, food etc?  We will be in Broad Meadow (Glamping) from Weds lunchtime and thought of popping over there in the evening.  Oh, and is there much catering in there?  If not we will probably bring our own tucker for Weds.  Thanks.
kenhughes

« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2022, 04:47:24 PM »

Re. Cream of the Crop.. can those from other campsites gain entry to the old Field 8 for the music, food etc?  We will be in Broad Meadow (Glamping) from Weds lunchtime and thought of popping over there in the evening.  Oh, and is there much catering in there?  If not we will probably bring our own tucker for Weds.  Thanks.

They do food, which is pretty good. Although there has been a wait in the past   Wink. The pizzas are very nice.

Their beer is really well priced; the best at the festival!

Do not email or message them though! It normally takes at least 3 weeks for a reply and that will be after the festival  Wink
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2022, 11:47:20 PM »

There will be a catering tent in the Glamping field, plus a bar. Plus both pubs will be doing food and some of the vans will already be around the village, and Field 8  has a number of food outlets.

We're also going to Field 8 Weds evening to see Plainsong  Cheesy  may see you there!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
mikec
Anywhere close to proper english
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

I'm sorry, my daughter isn't coming out tonight.

« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2022, 12:43:41 AM »

If you have a festival wristband you will get into Field 8

I have gone to look for myself, if I return before I get back, keep me here.
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2022, 02:37:10 AM »

Just went to check after I heard news about Clannad - they've cancelled the North American branch of their final tour citing excessive overheads. I went onto their own website (which is very sparse) and the only two live dates listed are a final farewell gig in Dublin in December and... Cropredy!! So unless there's something else not on the website, then it looks like we'll be witnessing their penultimate ever gig ... an honour indeed. Fingers crossed they make it and all goes well...

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2022, 09:44:55 AM »

Just went to check after I heard news about Clannad - they've cancelled the North American branch of their final tour citing excessive overheads. I went onto their own website (which is very sparse) and the only two live dates listed are a final farewell gig in Dublin in December and... Cropredy!! So unless there's something else not on the website, then it looks like we'll be witnessing their penultimate ever gig ... an honour indeed. Fingers crossed they make it and all goes well...

Another good reason to prioritise them over Merry Hell on the fringe this year.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
StephenB
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2022, 09:51:55 AM »

I'm planning putting on the running shoes to try and catch at least the last few minutes of MH. (Merry Hell for Cropredy  anyone? )

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2022, 09:57:41 AM »

I'm planning putting on the running shoes to try and catch at least the last few minutes of MH. (Merry Hell for Cropredy  anyone? )

We've been here before but fwiw I think the reason MH haven't been booked on the main stage before is that "it might be felt" their strident politics would be divisive.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2022, 10:35:06 AM »

Peggy told me that Merry Hell were not booked because they have too similar a following to Fairport's and would not therefore put many on the gate.

I don't accept that as true , but its what he believed at the time. If Gareth wants to see how popular they are then he needs to be what will be one of the hundreds unable to get into the Brasenose Garden next Thursday

As for stridently expressing politics....Jewel in the Crown anyone?
StephenB
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2022, 10:46:34 AM »

I'm well aware, and I've trumpeted the cause several times over the last few years. Any of the given reasons seem bizarre and easily refuted to me. It looks like it may never come to pass...

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2022, 10:53:23 AM »

Peggy told me that Merry Hell were not booked because they have too similar a following to Fairport's and would not therefore put many on the gate.

I don't accept that as true , but its what he believed at the time. If Gareth wants to see how popular they are then he needs to be what will be one of the hundreds unable to get into the Brasenose Garden next Thursday

Merry Hell are what they are - they wear their hearts on the sleeves and their lyrics are explicitly 'of the Left'.  I'm not suggesting this is related to the bands/organisers politics, but, well, eh, know (some of) your audience, I suppose...(sadly).

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
StephenB
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2022, 11:15:47 AM »

They should put them on after Digance then everyone gets a chance  to be happy or annoyed in equal measure

David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2022, 11:57:44 AM »

I don't know the work of Merry Hell but  would suggest that Show of Hands, Levellers and Oysterband all wear their political hearts squarely on their sleeves and are happily accepted on the Cropredy stage,

DW
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2022, 12:39:15 PM »

They should put them on after Digance then everyone gets a chance  to be happy or annoyed in equal measure

Lol.  That's a good idea  Grin

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2022, 12:51:52 PM »

Another good reason to prioritise them over Merry Hell on the fringe this year.

Not a hope in "hell"

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
bob_g

Loc: Mitcham

Bob

« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2022, 08:56:47 PM »

Tickets?

Left the house without them 6 years ago.

Fortunately the good lady remembered less than 20 miles from home.

That'll never happen again...

probably.

We made it from the bottom of the M25, to the first junction along the M40 once before we realised that /neither/ of us had picked up the bag of essentials by the door …. ;-)
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2022, 08:57:54 PM »

Merry Hell are what they are - they wear their hearts on the sleeves and their lyrics are explicitly 'of the Left'.  I'm not suggesting this is related to the bands/organisers politics, but, well, eh, know (some of) your audience, I suppose...(sadly).

As others have pointed out…….many wear their political hearts on their sleeves. Try listening to Martyn Joseph as well….

Folk music has ALWAYS had a ‘Leftist’ leaning.

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2022, 09:01:20 PM »

Ok everyone…..LISTEN UP (please). Amethyst has posted in the relevant thread, but I thought I’d highlight it here.

THE TOAST. It’s an important part of Cropredy for many…including fundraising for TCT…..and we’ve our Adrian to remember this year too.

Have people been making their own drain cleaner to bring? What’s the vote on the time - 8.00pm clashes with RT

Who is going to make the toast?

Collective ideas please……

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2022, 09:35:22 PM »

Ok everyone…..LISTEN UP (please). Amethyst has posted in the relevant thread, but I thought I’d highlight it here.

THE TOAST. It’s an important part of Cropredy for many…including fundraising for TCT…..and we’ve our Adrian to remember this year too.

Have people been making their own drain cleaner to bring? What’s the vote on the time - 8.00pm clashes with RT

Who is going to make the toast?

Collective ideas please……

Thanks for boosting this Diane…. It seems to me that it’s only you and me interested in toasting Adrian Wontroba and other friends lost since 2019…

If we don’t toast it would be a real shame… 😥😥😥😥

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: