TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:23:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2022  (Read 61640 times)
Wandering Steve

« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2022, 06:44:28 PM »

We’ve bought a couple of folding camp chairs for the field but we don’t intend to lug them through our 12 days of Scottish travels after the festival. If anyone would like a pair of “only used 4 days” chairs let me know and we can meet up Sunday…..

Also we are coming into Banbury by train mid-morning  to early afternoon on Wednesday if anyone else is going through Banbury around then and would like to share taxi costs into Cropredy let me know.

It’s hard to believe it’s only a few days away….we’ve booked airfare and hotel accommodations three times now for this festival. I haven’t let myself get too excited thinking everything could be canceled again at the last minute. But we are definitely on the other side of the pond now and so looking forward to being back on the field!

It’ll be worth waiting for….
It’s proper hot here at the moment.
Good things come to those that wait….
I have a feeling that this will be a cropredy festival that lives long in the memory
YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

Loc: West Sussex

and mastery demands a certain style

« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2022, 10:47:19 PM »

Slightly worried by the weather forecast. It was almost that hot in 2003, but then we were nearly 20 years younger.
Anything official announced yet?

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2022, 11:31:23 PM »

Are peeps taking their own chairs to the Brasenose on Wednesday for TradArr?
Yes

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2022, 11:54:39 PM »

Are peeps taking their own chairs to the Brasenose on Wednesday for TradArr?
Yes

Tea I am taking chairs there.

As for the weather forecast on Countryfile this evening it forecast very SCORCHIO!

Stay safe everyone… we will have learned a few things from the last couple of weeks heatwave, so will be more prepared.

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2022, 12:39:41 AM »

Slightly worried by the weather forecast. It was almost that hot in 2003, but then we were nearly 20 years younger.

Flying back from a very hot and humid NYC on Tuesday, excited by trying the glamping option on Wednesday for the first time.  I’ll be drinking loads of water and wearing a nice shady hat. Could be a very sweaty festival, but bring it on!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2022, 08:05:30 AM »

Flying back from a very hot and humid NYC on Tuesday, excited by trying the glamping option on Wednesday for the first time.  I’ll be drinking loads of water and wearing a nice shady hat. Could be a very sweaty festival, but bring it on!

There's Glamping at Cropredy?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2022, 08:33:51 AM »

On field 8 and the main site!

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Kathryn
A sucker for a hurdy-gurdy

Loc: Lincolnville Beach, Maine, USA

« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2022, 09:21:13 AM »

We’re clamping too. This was originally planned as a 70th birthday celebration so we splurged. Now our fellow travelers have had other things crop up so it’s just 2 of us….. but since it’s been paid for since November 2019 it doesn’t feel that it’s cramping our budget.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2022, 10:15:35 AM »

Certainly is! We're Glamping too  Cheesy

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Albion.Al

Loc: Leeds

Nothing on much of the time !!!

« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2022, 10:46:07 AM »

With the weather forecast this week ,is it time we had "clothing optional " area at Cropredy?

Asking for many friends!

Duncan McFarlane Band for Cropredy !!!!
Wardi

Loc: N.Yorkshire

« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2022, 01:28:10 PM »

Might see you on the glamping site then Bridgwit, we hope to be arriving approx 12.30 Wednesday.  Meeting chums from Bristol and London (we live near York) in the spirit of 'Gonna meet all our friends'.  Our plan is to spend the early afternoon sipping glasses of Pimms in the sun while nibbling on canapés and other tasty treats from our Fortnum and Mason hamper.  Splendid, just the ticket, good show, tally ho etc.

By way of contrast at my debut Cropredy (1983) I had no tent so spent my first Cropredy nights sleeping in the back of a Triumph Dolomite. Embarrassed
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2022, 03:46:53 PM »

Might see you on the glamping site then Bridgwit, we hope to be arriving approx 12.30 Wednesday.  Meeting chums from Bristol and London (we live near York) in the spirit of 'Gonna meet all our friends'.  Our plan is to spend the early afternoon sipping glasses of Pimms in the sun while nibbling on canapés and other tasty treats from our Fortnum and Mason hamper.  Splendid, just the ticket, good show, tally ho etc.

By way of contrast at my debut Cropredy (1983) I had no tent so spent my first Cropredy nights sleeping in the back of a Triumph Dolomite. Embarrassed
Will be more like 2-3pm for us, but our plan is very similar involving a bottle of Veuve Cliquot, deliberately kept for this specific occasion! We're hoping to try the Glamping food tent then a wander into the village.  After the horrendous weather back in 2019 I can hardly believe we're being blessed with sun!  Cheesy

Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2022, 03:48:04 PM »

Will be more like 2-3pm for us, but our plan is very similar involving a bottle of Veuve Cliquot, deliberately kept for this specific occasion! We're hoping to try the Glamping food tent then a wander into the village.  After the horrendous weather back in 2019 I can hardly believe we're being blessed with sun!  Cheesy

Are you going to the Brase for TradArr on Wednesday?

Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
barton cobbler

Loc: Earls Barton ,Northamptonshire

« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2022, 03:53:23 PM »

I see it is now £5 per day to park in the Williamscott Rd car park. This is a a very late decision and , in my opinion, not a good one.
Over the years I've got a few people into attending the festival by saying "Come over for the day, sample the atmosphere, for free" meaning park at the top and get the vibe around the fringe and they have then bought tickets for the following years, cant do that this year !
   Are ticket sales down ? Otherwise surely this should have been announced more than 3 days before the start of the festival ?
Sue & Chris

« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2022, 04:40:32 PM »

I see it is now £5 per day to park in the Williamscott Rd car park. This is a a very late decision and , in my opinion, not a good one.
Over the years I've got a few people into attending the festival by saying "Come over for the day, sample the atmosphere, for free" meaning park at the top and get the vibe around the fringe and they have then bought tickets for the following years, cant do that this year !
   Are ticket sales down ? Otherwise surely this should have been announced more than 3 days before the start of the festival ?

£5 per day doesn't seem too much to ask though, given that it'll probably cost at least that for a single drink in any of the pubs!
barton cobbler

Loc: Earls Barton ,Northamptonshire

« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2022, 04:58:21 PM »

£5 per day doesn't seem too much to ask though, given that it'll probably cost at least that for a single drink in any of the pubs!

I know but it's another £5 on top of everything else, how will they charge you if you arrive on Thursday and don't go back to your car until Sunday ?
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2022, 05:20:22 PM »

I know but it's another £5 on top of everything else, how will they charge you if you arrive on Thursday and don't go back to your car until Sunday ?

What's the worst case scenario?  You pay £20 on Sunday and say "thanks very much"?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
iandiddams

« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2022, 05:53:56 PM »

This. And a small fortune to drive there at current fuel prices.

How will they charge you if you arrive on Thursday and don't go back to your car until Sunday ?

maybe they let all your tyres down?

didds
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2022, 11:01:23 PM »

Are you going to the Brase for TradArr on Wednesday?
We hadn’t planned to. We’re going to play it by ear though and soak up the atmos  Tiara will just be amazing to be there! This feels like a big, thick line being drawn under the last 2.5 years!

Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #179 on: August 08, 2022, 11:37:06 PM »

It certainly does!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: