TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:19:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2021  (Read 65865 times)
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2021, 09:14:47 AM »

From Fairport's official site (and fb page):

We are delighted to announce that Fairport’s Cropredy Convention has received a grant of £100k from Round 2 of the Government’s £1.57 billion Culture Recovery Fund to help the organisation recover and reopen.

More than £300 million has been awarded to thousands of cultural organisations across the country including Fairport’s Cropredy Convention in the latest round of support from the Culture Recovery Fund, the Culture Secretary announced today.

Cropredy Festival Organiser, Gareth Williams, said:

”We are extremely grateful for this award. The money from the CRF Round 1 has already filtered out in the form of deposits to our terrific support companies, without whom there would be no festival and the Round 2 grant will continue to ensure that we are all in place to open the gates once again this August.”

Smiley

Flobbadob!
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2021, 09:25:02 AM »

Looks like New Forest FF got £50,824, which is good news.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
PL (Peter)
able to create swamp magic

Loc: SW Germany

If it`s Wednesday, you survived Tuesday.

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 10:18:45 AM »

Very good news, indeed.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2021, 10:26:58 AM »

Excellent and thanks to Trev and Gareth we have now been persuaded to go.  Grin

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2021, 10:46:27 AM »

All I did was refer your posting to Gareth. I have no magic touch.
Still ,it wouldn't have been the same without you there.
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2021, 01:28:45 PM »

Wonderful news...  happy to imagine being in that field again with so many friends 🥰🥰🥰

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
colin h

Loc: 'aartfordsher

life's a long song

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2021, 03:54:44 PM »

I'm a bit confused.

Is the festival sold out or not ?

The ticket sales page on the FC website implies there are still tickets for sale.  

Obviously this depends on the event being ALLOWED to be on through government restriction, council licenses etc.

??

You can tell a builder from an archaeologist by the size of his trowel. Mine is a small one!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2021, 04:30:40 PM »

I'm a bit confused.

Is the festival sold out or not ?

The ticket sales page on the FC website implies there are still tickets for sale.  

Obviously this depends on the event being ALLOWED to be on through government restriction, council licenses etc.

??

No need for confusion.  It's not sold out: https://www2.theticketfactory.com/fairport-convention/online/

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2021, 12:46:08 AM »

This might be an opportune time and place to ask for advice... I ordered my tickets from Ticket Factory in late February, but their website tracker is still showing them as "Preparing". Now I know they say they can be sent any time in the future before the event, but I wonder is anyone else in the same boat? Is it normal enough not to have any progress on them? Or do you think I should get onto Ticket Factory at this stage?
I'd be grateful for any guidance here - I 'd just love to have them in my hands to drool (and hope) over...
Cheers

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2021, 09:10:51 AM »

Mine were ordered last Autumn, still waiting...

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Andy
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2021, 09:52:26 AM »

This might be an opportune time and place to ask for advice... I ordered my tickets from Ticket Factory in late February, but their website tracker is still showing them as "Preparing". Now I know they say they can be sent any time in the future before the event, but I wonder is anyone else in the same boat? Is it normal enough not to have any progress on them? Or do you think I should get onto Ticket Factory at this stage?
I'd be grateful for any guidance here - I 'd just love to have them in my hands to drool (and hope) over...
Cheers
Lots of people in that boat. I think Ticket Factory are waiting for a definitive "go!".

StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2021, 03:08:14 PM »

Thanks. Both, that's good to know (well it's not really, but you know what I mean....

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
Metro96 (Keith)
Do I look like a padre?

Loc: Adjacent to the Saddleworth villages.

My Friend there is always time for beer!

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2021, 02:25:47 PM »

Lots of people in that boat. I think Ticket Factory are waiting for a definitive "go!".

I am not 100% sure here, but I am sure I read that the Ticket Factory are based somewhere that is completely closed due to Covid restrictions.
So they couldn't print and send the tickets anyway.
(quick look shows an address of NEC Birmingham, so quite likely closed).

Pwll peint o chwerw os gwelwch yn dda.
một pint của đắng xin
ไพน์ของขมโปรด
en halvliter øl vennligst
Sue & Chris

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2021, 05:25:49 PM »

Latest email from the band suggests that this year's festival is still in the balance, dependent on the Government backing festival insurance (not going to happen) and the outcome of the test events.

Seems a little more downbeat, but perhaps I'm reading too much in to it. The failure of the Government to back festival insurance is particularly galling, given the huge amounts given away to private companies for the useless test and trace system, plus the latest corruption revelations.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2021, 09:51:59 AM »

I must admit I feel rather less optimistic after reading it than before.  But we'll see...

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
PhilipK

Loc: Hampshire, UK

Looking forward to Cropredy 2024...

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2021, 11:06:01 AM »

Latest email from the band suggests that this year's festival is still in the balance

Would it be possible to share the text of that email?

(I've tried to join the email list a couple of times, but have never received anything)

--
Philip
Metro96 (Keith)
Do I look like a padre?

Loc: Adjacent to the Saddleworth villages.

My Friend there is always time for beer!

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2021, 11:10:43 AM »

Cropredy 2021 – Fabulous News
We are delighted to tell you that this month Cropredy has been awarded another Cultural Recovery Fund Grant. We extend our sincere thanks to Mike Jervis for successfully negotiating our application.

The previous Grant ran from October to March and this new one takes us to the end of June. It means that have sufficient funds to keep the festival office open through spring and early summer. It also pays for deposits to our amazing suppliers – like us, they have had a hard time of it during the pandemic so, like us, they also welcome the Grant.

Now to the question you’ve all been asking: is Cropredy going ahead this year? Inevitably, there are many factors involved before any concrete decision can be made.

Firstly, despite sustained lobbying, our industry has thus far been unable to obtain government backed cancelation insurance covering Covid. Without this insurance in place, we and other festivals would be taking a huge risk were we to go ahead. Organisations such as the Association of Independent Festivals and the Association of Festival Organisers will continue to lobby on our behalf.

Secondly, we are waiting for clarification the Prime Minister has promised regarding Step 4, the removal of all restrictions, on or after 21 June once he has the data from the Event Research Programme taking place in May. At the time of writing the numbers of cases and deaths are coming down, there are less patients in hospital and the massive vaccination programme is ahead of its projected schedule. However, one thing we’ve all learnt from the past 14 months is that we can’t take anything for granted. Nonetheless we remain cautiously optimistic (surely this year’s most over-used phrase). There is an air of hope in the country at the moment so let’s keep our fingers crossed that the news in June will be just the tonic we all need.

If we are given the green light, we will be ready to go. As always, our primary concern will be the safety and wellbeing of our crews, the performers, village residents and – of course – you, the Cropredy crowd.

Tickets are available now from our box office and they are selling well so don’t leave it too long to buy yours.

Pwll peint o chwerw os gwelwch yn dda.
một pint của đắng xin
ไพน์ของขมโปรด
en halvliter øl vennligst
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2021, 11:12:35 AM »

Latest email from the band suggests that this year's festival is still in the balance

Would it be possible to share the text of that email?

(I've tried to join the email list a couple of times, but have never received anything)

Cropredy 2021 – Fabulous News
We are delighted to tell you that this month Cropredy has been awarded another Cultural Recovery Fund Grant. We extend our sincere thanks to Mike Jervis for successfully negotiating our application.

The previous Grant ran from October to March and this new one takes us to the end of June. It means that have sufficient funds to keep the festival office open through spring and early summer. It also pays for deposits to our amazing suppliers – like us, they have had a hard time of it during the pandemic so, like us, they also welcome the Grant.

Now to the question you’ve all been asking: is Cropredy going ahead this year? Inevitably, there are many factors involved before any concrete decision can be made.

Firstly, despite sustained lobbying, our industry has thus far been unable to obtain government backed cancelation insurance covering Covid. Without this insurance in place, we and other festivals would be taking a huge risk were we to go ahead. Organisations such as the Association of Independent Festivals and the Association of Festival Organisers will continue to lobby on our behalf.

Secondly, we are waiting for clarification the Prime Minister has promised regarding Step 4, the removal of all restrictions, on or after 21 June once he has the data from the Event Research Programme taking place in May. At the time of writing the numbers of cases and deaths are coming down, there are less patients in hospital and the massive vaccination programme is ahead of its projected schedule. However, one thing we’ve all learnt from the past 14 months is that we can’t take anything for granted. Nonetheless we remain cautiously optimistic (surely this year’s most over-used phrase). There is an air of hope in the country at the moment so let’s keep our fingers crossed that the news in June will be just the tonic we all need.

If we are given the green light, we will be ready to go. As always, our primary concern will be the safety and wellbeing of our crews, the performers, village residents and – of course – you, the Cropredy crowd.

Tickets are available now from our box office and they are selling well so don’t leave it too long to buy yours.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Andy
Global Moderator

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2021, 12:21:38 PM »

Well, that does seem ambivalent. We shall see.

colin h

Loc: 'aartfordsher

life's a long song

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2021, 10:50:58 AM »

Davidmjs ; when you say "Tickets are available now from our box office and they are selling well so don’t leave it too long to buy yours."

Are these from the Ticket Factory ?

I get the impression that the Ticket Factory are taking orders and money, but tickets aren't being delivered because its not certain the festival will run.

I trust there is a full refund system if the festival does not run.

The trouble is its not just the ticket costs, its getting accommodation if your staying off-site and booking time from work.

Will tickets be available on the gate as previously ?

You can tell a builder from an archaeologist by the size of his trowel. Mine is a small one!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: