TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:37:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport's Cropredy Connection  (Read 33164 times)
YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

Loc: West Sussex

and mastery demands a certain style

« on: August 13, 2020, 08:58:39 AM »

The YouTube channel for Saturday night at Virtual Cropredy starts at 7:25pm Click Here

19.25 Stream begins
19.30 Toast to 'Absent Friends'
19.35 Richard Thompson - Cropredy 2019
with special guests Zara Phillips, Simon Nicol, Dave Pegg and Dave Mattacks
21.05 Postcards from the band
21.15 T Shirt Montage
21.20 Message from the Fairport Office.
21.26 Fairport Convention and Friends - Cropredy 2019.

Just in case anybody is wondering what 'The Toast' is.

Well it started fifteen years ago, with members of TalkAwhile gathering at the Cropredy bar to remember somebody we had lost that year and over the years this has become all inclusive, not only remembering people from the Cropredy family, but also those lost to individuals.

The toast is 'Absent Friends'.

This year has been especially hard and so the toast has to be done, even though we can't be there. So it will be in the official Fairport stream. There will be a short history of the tradition, but will finish with the toast. Everybody please be there and raise your glasses.

At the toast, traditionally there is a collection for the Teenage Cancer Trust. This year please donate at www.toast.org.uk

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
madsue
susie-no-shoes

Loc: lanzarote

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 09:12:44 AM »

Thanks Yabb, all set up now, though I don't have anything horrible to toast with!
Mark J Salt

Loc: Sea view from a mountain in North Wales

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 10:00:11 AM »

My First alarm of the day is set. Taken from Richard Digance's Facebook page just now:
"Morning everyone, I will be going live at midday for a special rendition of Searching. For those of you who know what that means please join me. Keep well xx"
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 11:07:14 AM »

My First alarm of the day is set. Taken from Richard Digance's Facebook page just now:
"Morning everyone, I will be going live at midday for a special rendition of Searching. For those of you who know what that means please join me. Keep well xx"

Can this just be seen on FB? Is there a link?

We missed to send our hanky-waving film in, didn’t clock that it was by 9th Aug!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 11:48:07 AM »

Saw a cow shirt (red headed lady) down by the river in Chester on our morning constitutional....  As us Deadheads say, we are everywhere!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Mark J Salt

Loc: Sea view from a mountain in North Wales

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 02:55:22 PM »

We missed to send our hanky-waving film in, didn’t clock that it was by 9th Aug!

This wasn't the hanky waving, I believe thats something to do with radio Oxford but I'm not certain, It was Richard singing and sharing some thoughts with us, it is available on his facebook page.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 03:52:16 PM »

This wasn't the hanky waving, I believe thats something to do with radio Oxford but I'm not certain, It was Richard singing and sharing some thoughts with us, it is available on his facebook page.
It was a great way to start our Cropredy Saturday - Digance, coffee & bacon rolls  Tiara

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Ann from Lancs

Loc: Colne

I could do it all, but just not today …

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 05:30:43 PM »

The hanky waving is on Radio Oxford's YouTube page

I will get round to writing that report one day ... who knows where the time goes ??
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 06:01:13 PM »

The hanky waving is on Radio Oxford's YouTube page

Yes, I knew they weren’t together but just seeing RD was doing a bit this morning reminded me, I forgot to post our video for the hanky waving.

I googled Richard Digance we are searching Cropredy 2020 and Google turned it into ‘We are searching for PREY 2020”  Grin
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 06:03:20 PM »

It was a great way to start our Cropredy Saturday - Digance, coffee & bacon rolls  Tiara

I thought his instrumental piece at the end mentioning many people who we have lost was very poignant and moving...have to admit it brought a tear to my eye

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Ann from Lancs

Loc: Colne

I could do it all, but just not today …

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 06:14:01 PM »

I thought his instrumental piece at the end mentioning many people who we have lost was very poignant and moving...have to admit it brought a tear to my eye

I was in bits!!  It wasn't a tear, it was a deluge!!

I will get round to writing that report one day ... who knows where the time goes ??
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2020, 09:06:43 PM »

Great to see the RT set. Missed it last year due to slight tent-blown-down problems.  Happy memories  Shocked  Smiley

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2020, 09:28:42 PM »

I'm just paused for a second after Chris Leslie's postcard.
Ric mentioning Jude has got me all watery of the eye, so I'll take a mo to raise a glass to her (  Kiss ) and all of you (it's  Jack Daniel's Tennessee Apple - I shouldn't be drinking - but what the heck - I can't decide if it's gross enough to qualify as a toast drink, mind you.)
It was a treat to be able to see R.T's set and, I'm sure, F.C's in a bit, as I was stuck in my tent in Field 4 last year missing it all.
Cheers everyone,
Love and cuddles !

Well I never did..
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2020, 09:39:02 PM »

It has been a glorious day, but a sea-haar engulfed us during RT’s set so it’s like something from James Herbert now. I will blame the maestro, of course  Smiley

Enjoying the show.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2020, 09:54:11 PM »

I'm just paused for a second after Chris Leslie's postcard.
Ric mentioning Jude has got me all watery of the eye, so I'll take a mo to raise a glass to her (  Kiss ) and all of you (it's  Jack Daniel's Tennessee Apple - I shouldn't be drinking - but what the heck - I can't decide if it's gross enough to qualify as a toast drink, mind you.)
It was a treat to be able to see R.T's set and, I'm sure, F.C's in a bit, as I was stuck in my tent in Field 4 last year missing it all.
Cheers everyone,
Love and cuddles !

Mike - no, it's not gross enough - but hey, who's watching?! Take care, and we'll see you next year!

Flobbadob!
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2020, 10:09:42 PM »

Watching it here with the family. May be the closest I get to getting any of them to the field!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 10:22:07 PM »

This is really great; sitting in the garden, projector on, beer at hand, and WhatsApp chat with my usual Cropredy gang who are scattered around the country. Loved the toast, and here’s to you lot and better times next year.
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2020, 11:09:14 PM »

Maarts tribute brought tears... missed most of it last year cos of a bunch  of entitled snowflakes who strolled in from the sidelines cos they wanted to see the screen (by blocking the view of twice their number.)
It.'s amazing the little details missed at the time, great to see it in all its detail and glory now.
And i was thinking back to last year, a lot of people had to reluctantly pack up and go home before the Fairport' set cos their tents had been destroyed  - so hopefully they're watching now...

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2020, 11:30:14 PM »

Yeah....just seen the Maart bit. Hail Maaart !  Cry

Well I never did..
Bernie

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2020, 11:39:03 PM »

Loving every minute, strange how much we missed from last year,but we were situated in a wind tunnel near the generators and the wind was affecting the sound. Think I may be about tearful at the end....
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: