TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
August 15, 2020, 09:41:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What will you be doing?  (Read 2601 times)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« on: August 02, 2020, 06:30:13 PM »

What will you be doing that day/weekend?

I was sitting in the garden in the sunshine an hour or so ago, making plans and writing a list,
I have to have a list!

Then a beautiful newly emerged Peacock butterfly came and landed in my chest, flew away,
Then came back to the same spot and stayed for a while...

A great omen? I would like to think so...

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 08:30:02 AM »

Planning on listening to the virtual festival on Radio Scarborough on the Thursday & Friday and watching the Fairport Cropredy Connection on the Saturday. All in the garden if possible. Flag and groundsheet optional.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: near Aldbrickham, in the Royal County

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 09:24:01 AM »

I'll be working Thursday and Friday, but now have the right background for any skype/zoom calls, thanks to Andy.  And I may well have the virtual festival in my ears at other points.  Will be watching the Saturday footage, but probably indoors, as I could only do it on my phone otherwise, and probably couldn't see anything on my screen if the weather is nice!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 03:33:08 PM »

Thursday:

Morning - test my Toast concoction and season to taste. (It's not that dreadful Dracula firewater!)

Lunchtime: a couple of bottles of Old Hooky (every year, I say I'll start with Best Bitter at the Pavilion, but order Old Hooky!)  A quick spin of some Morris tunes.  Probably come in here to see what's occurring.

4pm - Festival Bell (the song) plus a few FC acoustic tracks; a selection of appropriate music during the evening

Friday -

again popping onto TAW during the day; a couple of bottles of Wadworths in the evening, with some suitable musical accompaniment.

Saturday -

9am - a "virtual" Trotawhile 10km.  Working on the assumption that I won't have had a skinful of ale and a curry the previous afternoon-evening, I hope to be in slightly better shape than most years...

0930 (!  Wink ) I'll have a gurt big bacon bap (not at the Canoe Club) for my breakfast, stroll into Gloucester to look at (where) the music shops (used to be), have coffee and cake, buy a paper, get the bus home, fail miserably to find a car boot sale, listen to some summery sounds, and get the brolly and wellies out (and/or the wasp repellent).  Attempt to connect PC to sound system/telly ready for the evening.  Have a beer or two.

Evening - log on to FC youtube for the stream, with a few more beers to hand.

Approx 2350 - wake the neighbourhood (and Mrs PT!) by belting out MOTL, probably fairly tunelessly, while shedding a tear or two.

Sunday -

0010 - stumble slowly to bed. Ignore the sound of the Glos Police chopper overhead searching for drunken reveller(s)

0700 - wake up wondering why I'm not cold, stiff and/or wet, then realise where I am.  Wink

0800 - bacon bap (not at the school); start my packing list for Cropredy 2021!!

Said the straight man, to the late man...
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 03:46:32 PM »

Thanks Paul.. and others.

Anyone else?

Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Sue & Chris

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 05:39:42 PM »

We are planning a socially distanced, cut-down version on the Saturday in the (very large) garden of two of our group. Christened 'Crapredy', in recognition of the fact that it can only be a pale imitation, we'll (hopefully) have a 'big' projector screen on which to watch Fairport's YouTube offering. A barrel of beer is on order, cakes and curry being made, and we've even got our own T-shirts! We also have a flag which, naturally, we shall erect in such a way that it partly obscures the screen.

To complete the Cropredy Saturday experience, I won't be washing my hair for three days and will be indulging in the 'wet wipe wash'. I'm also planning to hang around at their gate for an hour before it starts, before sprinting into the garden to secure my favoured seating spot.

Hoping for good weather, expecting rain - it wouldn't be Cropredy without it!
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 05:56:09 PM »

We will be at a campsite in Dorset over the weekend.
Hoping we will have a decent Wi-fi signal in order to check out what is happening online, including that all important toast.

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

and mastery demands a certain style

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 09:41:41 PM »

Lucy is coming to our house and weather permitting we will have a large screen in the garden. I'm sure the neighbors will enjoy.

Lucy is making some Sauerkraut Gin and a Goan fish curry.  

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
Brian Green

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 01:08:05 AM »

We would have been settling into The Crown at Brackley after the warm up show.
Indulging in a late supper on account of this at home!
A trip to Marwell Zoo is booked for later today .
On Saturday will be in our local Social Club with a phone to keep an eye on the stream!
Pastieboy (Trev)
Cookie Monster
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: grantham

Remember me I'm still your native son.

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 12:58:07 PM »

I’m planning to make a nuisance of myself at Amethyst and Cptn Pugwash’s gaff . Got tent ,sleeping bag and a dozen 6X packed . Much mischief planned .

You are what you eat !!!
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: near Aldbrickham, in the Royal County

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2020, 01:06:05 PM »

I’m planning to make a nuisance of myself at Amethyst and Cptn Pugwash’s gaff . Got tent ,sleeping bag and a dozen 6X packed . Much mischief planned .

You've given the game away!  Given them time to prepare to repel boarders! Arrrrr!  Fez

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: The Mosel Valley

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2020, 01:08:05 PM »

For the sake of authenticity, you should liberally spray the Board with jokes during the weekend, Trev.  Grin
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2020, 01:29:42 PM »

Hahahahaha... we have the plank at the ready...

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »

I cancelled my annual leave so I shall be working from home both days, but I plan to play some appropriate music from each of the artists (there's plenty on YouTube) during the day and into the evening. Saturday I shall watch the proceedings in the house but it's a big TV so it'll be a bit like the big screen. Mike wants to watch the footie in his garden bar so I'll be on my own, but I'll pop in there for refreshments every so often. And he'll pop into see me & watch a bit of Fairport. It's how we operate and it suits us!!   Roll Eyes

So not a huge change from usual except I will have listened to some fab music  Grin

I'll have TAW open so I'm sure there'll be some chat on here.....  Tiara

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
StephenB
something about the grinding beat

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

Some boy to be one boy - I should have been twins

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2020, 02:41:24 PM »

Crying   Cry

If I could be any animal I wanted...
there'd be something really heavy going on.
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2020, 02:51:53 PM »

Not having a yard or balcony or anything of the sort I’ll be watching in my room, laptop hooked up to the TV, Fairport tshirt on, Various Fairport related books and memorabilia pulled out to glance at between sets, and a selection of English ale at the ready. Food wise no fish curry or anything of the sort nearby but thinking a meal from one of the excellent food trucks we have around will suffice!

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Kathryn
A sucker for a hurdy-gurdy

Loc: Lincolnville Beach, Maine, USA

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2020, 03:59:15 PM »

I thought I’d be putting up peaches, but recently found out that the church group that does scholarship fundraising by arranging peach deliveries in August and citrus in December and January has had to cancel their Friday evening delivery.

So, although it’s very early for me, I’ll have a real drink at the toast without worrying about wrecking the recipes..... will probably be on YouTube and Talkawhile for the duration. It will remind me of the virtual festival Saturdays in the chat room years ago with Bob B and Sam and others who were on the field in spirit only.

And, of course, I’ll be thinking of all of you  Tiara  Fez  
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2020, 05:02:18 PM »

Not sure if it has filtered through on here but has been mentioned on FB, on Thursday and Friday Radio Scarborough are running a virtual Cropredy from 7.30pm with music from all of the artists who would have been performing and exclusive interviews. Available online or to anyone with internet radio facilities.
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2020, 05:20:29 PM »

I will be joining you from my Northumberland hideaway.
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2020, 06:25:12 PM »

Not sure if it has filtered through on here but has been mentioned on FB, on Thursday and Friday Radio Scarborough are running a virtual Cropredy from 7.30pm with music from all of the artists who would have been performing and exclusive interviews. Available online or to anyone with internet radio facilities.

Thanks for the reminder. I just checked out that I can in fact listen to Radio Scarborough over here (which is not always the case with UK radio station feeds from past experience). Will definitely be listening to this as well

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: