TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:00:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In search of Plainsong book/CD  (Read 2177 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« on: February 01, 2022, 02:35:43 PM »

There's an interesting new Iain/Plainsong book out on Route soon...the Ltd Ed comes with a CD of a previously unheard Plainsong concert, recorded at the Folk Fairport cafe in Amsterdam in April 1972.

http://www.route-online.com/all-books/in-search-of-plainsong.html

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 03:38:00 PM »

There's an interesting new Iain/Plainsong book out on Route soon...the Ltd Ed comes with a CD of a previously unheard Plainsong concert, recorded at the Folk Fairport cafe in Amsterdam in April 1972.

http://www.route-online.com/all-books/in-search-of-plainsong.html

Looks good. It was a fabulous , and well played, album. Never saw them live but have seen most of those who passed through the ranks at some time or other.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 04:12:05 PM »

This was my route into all things Fairport, and therefore folk. My dad had the original album so this will be a nice birthday present for him. And I can then borrow it from him and never give it back, like I did the album Smiley

Thanks for the link.
Pat Helms
Long live Freewheelin' Franklin!!

Loc: E. TENNESSEE

Often wrong.....never in doubt

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 06:04:11 PM »

This was my route into all things Fairport, and therefore folk. My dad had the original album so this will be a nice birthday present for him. And I can then borrow it from him and never give it back, like I did the album Smiley

Thanks for the link.

Partly mine as well.  Up in Virginia, I had a group of friends I'd visit whenever the Dead were playing around the area (which was often).  We'd all converge at Willy's house in the country.  He had a great collection of used, eclectic records he had taken chances on from the dollar bends.  A ragged copy of Amelia was one of those albums and Angel Delight was another. Both were cherished favorites that would always find their way to the turntable as the night wore on.  We didn't know who in the hell they were, but we knew they were damn good and fit our mojo and scene perfectly.

At this point, my quest for putting together the FotheringPortConfusion puzzle soon after became one of the most enjoyable obsessions of my record buying youth.  In the early 80's, all those records were rare birds, and finding one was always a hoot.  

I remember Willy's baffled face as I informed him how the two bands were actually connected.  I don't recall us even considering Plainsong being British until then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: