TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
July 09, 2020, 09:23:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GBFF 2020 - Butlins, Skeggy  (Read 946 times)
Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« on: December 03, 2019, 06:12:44 PM »

First few acts announced for next year.

Lindisfarne
Maddy Prior
Kate Rusby
Steve Harley (Unplugged)
Tom Hingley (Acoustic)

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....

http://www.fortytenthpromotions.co.uk/
Phil Perry
sufficiently persuaded

Loc: Hertfordshire

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 03:56:18 PM »

I suppose I'd be right in saying that, due to timing, this would now be the only non-virtual folk festival in the UK where there is real hope that it will actually take place. Yet so far as I know only the few acts listed above have been announced. Do veterans of this festival know if this is a normal state of affairs for this time of year or does the lack of any recent announcements suggest that more bad festi news is on the way?
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 06:34:37 PM »

I suppose I'd be right in saying that, due to timing, this would now be the only non-virtual folk festival in the UK where there is real hope that it will actually take place. Yet so far as I know only the few acts listed above have been announced. Do veterans of this festival know if this is a normal state of affairs for this time of year or does the lack of any recent announcements suggest that more bad festi news is on the way?

I wouldn't be too concerned about the lack of line-up announcements it's not particularly late for them

The glimmer of hope that they are confident that the festival will go ahead is the demand led fluctuating cost price and for the past few months a chalet hasn't been listed at less than £230 for the weekend which is about £70 more than I've ever paid. You can get a discount of 5% if you've been three times before or you can use use Tesco reward vouchers for up to two thirds of the cost.
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 11:09:54 PM »

Why would a large group gathering take place,.......Covid 19 will still be out there ......so social distancing still in place....?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: