TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
November 30, 2021, 09:59:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy now officially cancelled  (Read 21766 times)
Wandering Steve

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 03:05:39 PM »

I had not planned to go this year because of the (IMO) poor lineup, looks like I won't be going next year either.

DW

Maybe come back in a few years time if you fancy it.
If not there are plenty of other festivals that you might fancy.

If not thereís always YouTube where you can relive the past if thatís what you prefer.

FWIW Iím sure fairport 2021 will now sell out as will a lot of festivals who miss a year.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2020, 03:11:51 PM »

I had not planned to go this year because of the (IMO) poor lineup, looks like I won't be going next year either.

DW

If not thereís always YouTube where you can relive the past if thatís what you prefer.

FWIW Iím sure fairport 2021 will now sell out as will a lot of festivals who miss a year.

And today's passive aggressive award winner is..... Wink Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Wandering Steve

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2020, 03:16:43 PM »

DW

And today's passive aggressive award winner is..... Wink Grin

Just you worry about keeping my pound safe to present to me at the bar in 2021 Smiley Smiley

Keep safe everyone
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2020, 04:02:27 PM »

DW

Why should people be made to feel guilty about not shelling out for something they wont enjoy? That's just being silly.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Wandering Steve

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2020, 04:20:13 PM »

Surely a thread about the festival being cancelled should concern those who it has effected rather than those who were not interested in attending.

That is all
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2020, 04:21:56 PM »

Surely a thread about the festival being cancelled should concern those who it has effected rather than those who were not interested in attending.

That is all

It did affect the member in question if you read his post.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2020, 04:33:34 PM »

Was there/will there be a 2020 Young Folk Award?

If so, will this year's winners miss out on their Cropredy slot in 2021 in favour of next year's winners? May be both could be accommodated somehow...

Said the straight man, to the late man...
Wandering Steve

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2020, 04:37:26 PM »

That is all

It did affect the member in question if you read his post.

So the poster came on to moan he didnít want to go in 2020 and because the line up was the same he wouldnít be going in 2021 !!!

Surely the time to moan was when the line up was announced not when itís been cancelled.

The only way it has effected people who were not interested in going is that they are still not interested in going !!!

If people donít want to go then that is their prerogative but to moan about a festival they are not interested in attending is futile.

If heaven forbid the festival is cancelled in 2021 can those not interested spare us from posting that they wonít be going in 2022.
Wandering Steve

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2020, 04:38:31 PM »

Was there/will there be a 2020 Young Folk Award?

If so, will this year's winners miss out on their Cropredy slot in 2021 in favour of next year's winners? May be both could be accommodated somehow...

You would hope so
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2020, 04:45:08 PM »

ps Affected....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Wandering Steve

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2020, 04:59:29 PM »

ps Affected....

Thankyou

Itís a good job that I stuck to betting with you on whether this years festival would take place rather than entering a spelling contest.

Keep the pound in a safe place  Smiley
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2020, 05:34:58 PM »

Well I, for one, am happy that the same line-up has been retained and, if Iím honest, Iím slightly relieved that the decision to cancel has been made. Being one of 1.5m people who have been designated vulnerable and need to be kept shielded until at least mid-June due to my several fairly serious underlying long-term health conditions meant I was becoming a little worried about mixing with 20,000 or so people especially after having to put up with 12 weeks inside and not even being allowed to walk the dog! Sorry a bit selfish I know but....

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Wandering Steve

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2020, 05:37:20 PM »

Well I, for one, am happy that the same line-up has been retained and, if Iím honest, Iím slightly relieved that the decision to cancel has been made. Being one of 1.5m people who have been designated vulnerable and need to be kept shielded until at least mid-June due to my several fairly serious underlying long-term health conditions meant I was becoming a little worried about mixing with 20,000 or so people especially after having to put up with 12 weeks inside and not even being allowed to walk the dog! Sorry a bit selfish I know but....

Iím in the same boat chris..
Stay safe

As an aside Iíve heard that the fringe is also unsurprisingly off.
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2020, 06:02:37 PM »

Stay safe

You too Steve! Wonder if the same Fringe can be retained for next year as well? Probably not!

Born to Run (but not very fast)
abby (tank girl)
never felt happy about quinoa
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Finally settled in my own pad

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2020, 06:09:29 PM »

ps Affected....

thank you, David, you saved me the job.
but i'm not allowed to comment as i probably wouldn't have gone anyway
 Wink

it'll be fine.......
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2020, 07:46:01 PM »

Bridget,

August 2021 is a long time away.

Be careful to remember where you put the tickets!!!

Lol!! I have them in my sweaty palm  Grin one of the benefits of lockdown has been the organisation of my study so there is now An Official Place for tickets   Tiara Tiara Tiara

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Wandering Steve

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2020, 07:46:34 PM »

Stay safe

You too Steve! Wonder if the same Fringe can be retained for next year as well? Probably not!

I imagine pete is on the case even as we speak
Il let you know if I speak to him anytime.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2020, 09:40:20 PM »

Stay safe

I was just thinking That there is no way Stevie Wonder was going to play next years fringe!😂😂😂😂

The Dude abides
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2020, 09:46:17 PM »

Stay safe

I was just thinking That there is no way Stevie Wonder was going to play next years fringe!😂😂😂😂
I had to read it twice too....

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2020, 09:54:30 PM »

Me too!!!! Collective misreading !

Singing songs about the south lands...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: