TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
October 17, 2021, 07:15:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy now officially cancelled  (Read 20336 times)
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2020, 09:56:14 PM »

Well I, for one, am happy that the same line-up has been retained and, if Iím honest, Iím slightly relieved that the decision to cancel has been made. Being one of 1.5m people who have been designated vulnerable and need to be kept shielded until at least mid-June due to my several fairly serious underlying long-term health conditions meant I was becoming a little worried about mixing with 20,000 or so people especially after having to put up with 12 weeks inside and not even being allowed to walk the dog! Sorry a bit selfish I know but....

Iím in the same boat chris..
Stay safe

As an aside Iíve heard that the fringe is also unsurprisingly off.

You too Steve! Wonder if the same Fringe can be retained for next year as well? Probably not!

I was just thinking That there is no way Stevie Wonder was going to play next years fringe!😂😂😂😂
I had to read it twice too....

Sorry  for confusing you all †Grin didnít think about the syntax (is that the right word? If not you know what I mean Wink )

Born to Run (but not very fast)
YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

Loc: West Sussex

and mastery demands a certain style

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2020, 12:01:32 AM »

Am I the only person who now wants a Cropredy 2020 t-shirt?

And if Fairport don't do an online MOTL I'll be disappointed. Although quite how I can replicate being at the bar, shouting at The Frog, I'm not sure.  

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
Chris from Fieldtown
Sorry Bob

Loc: Fieldtown, Oxon

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2020, 01:43:33 AM »

And if Fairport don't do an online MOTL I'll be disappointed. Although quite how I can replicate being at the bar, shouting at The Frog, I'm not sure. †

It would be amazing for TAW and Fairporters to join together with the requisite amount of 6X to hand, for an online performance of MOTL by multiple artists on the Saturday evening. Imagine, no wind, no rain, no trek back to a freezing tent and the warm glow of this powerful song to carry us forward to what happnes next There's time for the right person to organise this. The technologies there, I'm sure people would join in huge numbers. Someone?
KascadeDan
A teenager at last
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: New Romney, Kent

I can't read the lines, let alone in-between!

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2020, 06:17:49 AM »

What are the odds this will be the year the sun shines all weekend?

Imponderable Joy
Wandering Steve

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2020, 06:43:40 AM »

What are the odds this will be the year the sun shines all weekend?

100/1

Remember RT was due to perform  Grin Grin
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2020, 07:49:55 AM »

Bridget,

August 2021 is a long time away.

Be careful to remember where you put the tickets!!!

Lol!! I have them in my sweaty palm †Grin one of the benefits of lockdown has been the organisation of my study so there is now An Official Place for tickets † Tiara Tiara Tiara

Maybe Ric could write "Some Official Space" so you'll remember in 16 months time...  Wink

Said the straight man, to the late man...
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Local Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2020, 09:26:32 AM »

And if Fairport don't do an online MOTL I'll be disappointed. Although quite how I can replicate being at the bar, shouting at The Frog, I'm not sure. †

Ask them to produce some for the 'Covid19' but call it Covid20' They could make some money as they may become rare in years to come! Dragons Den?  Grin Grin

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2020, 09:44:27 AM »

Nowís the time for Radio Oxford to start editing their archive together to make the Virtual 2020 Festival, to be broadcast as live that weekend!  Fez

Outside of a dog, a book is a manís best friend. Inside of a dog, itís too dark to read.
vince42

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2020, 10:02:46 AM »

I'm glad they have announced the inevitable and still happy with the lineup.  I would still like a 2020 T shirt though.

Just occurred to me that if I hold on to my tickets and don't ask for a refund I won't get a Christmas card this year...

Vince

Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2020, 12:46:16 PM »

I'm glad they have announced the inevitable and still happy with the lineup. †I would still like a 2020 T shirt though.

Just occurred to me that if I hold on to my tickets and don't ask for a refund I won't get a Christmas card this year...

Vince

Are Fairport your only friends?  Wink

Singing songs about the south lands...
Ann from Lancs

Loc: Colne

I could do it all, but just not today Ö

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2020, 01:18:54 PM »

For people who haven't yet bought their 2020 tickets and want to help support financially by getting them now:

"Some of you wonderful Fairporters have been trying to purchase tickets for 2021. Thank you so much. However, The Ticket Factory have stopped taking orders temporarily while they update the dates on both the site and the tickets. This is being done remotely from home and may take a little while. The Ticket Factory is based at The NEC which, as you all know, is now a Nightingale Hospital, so simply popping down to the office is not currently an option. As soon as they are active again, I'll let you know. Thank you once again. It really is heart-warming to receive such support at this time. G"

I will get round to writing that report one day ... who knows where the time goes ??
Ann from Lancs

Loc: Colne

I could do it all, but just not today Ö

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2020, 01:23:33 PM »

Official line on the T-Shirts:  "There have already been a few queries regarding a 2020 festival shirt for your collection. This is obviously something we will consider - but not until the situation has calmed down. Firstly, I'm not too keen in standing in line with trolley loads of Tees at the Post Office during a lock down and we don't want to put undue pressure on our already over-stressed postal workers. As soon as we can and it is deemed safe to do so, we'll do a special collectors run for this year. Thank you all once again for your incredible support at this time. G"

I will get round to writing that report one day ... who knows where the time goes ??
vince42

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2020, 01:46:50 PM »

Are Fairport your only friends?  Wink

Cheesy

Good news for the T shirts,  thank you.

Vince
Andy Leonard

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2020, 11:17:12 AM »

I have this yearís poster framed and up on the wall. A collectors item maybe?!!

frogcrutches
Pond Life
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Pontypridd, South Wales.

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2020, 11:26:03 PM »

The lack of abuse will be a refreshing change.  Smiley

Methinks thou art laden with stools.
tarda (Gill)
Our own Harvey Goldsmith
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: West Sussex

Otis tarda - a slow bird but a great bustard

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2020, 11:40:16 PM »

The lack of abuse will be a refreshing change. †Smiley

You reckon???!  Wink

"And dreams let you down; they just let you down,
But they never leave you..."
frogcrutches
Pond Life
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2020, 11:51:02 PM »

You reckon???! †Wink

Oh bugger. I forgot about you.

Eek. Undecided

mikec
Anywhere close to proper english
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

I'm sorry, my daughter isn't coming out tonight.

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2020, 12:10:25 PM »

I'm sure we can come up with an alternative method  Wink Grin Roll Eyes

I have gone to look for myself, if I return before I get back, keep me here.
frogcrutches
Pond Life
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2020, 03:14:18 PM »

I'm sure we can come up with an alternative method †Wink Grin Roll Eyes

I think you'll have to join the queue.  Wink

PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2020, 11:12:54 AM »

From FC's official fb page:

"In April, when we announced that we were postponing the festival for 12 months, one of the primary reasons we gave was that we felt that because the village of Cropredy has such a high percentage of elderly and vulnerable people, it would be irresponsible for us to go ahead regardless of what the government measures would be in August. With still hundreds of new cases and over 100 deaths each day, we stand by that decision. The safety of all comes first, regardless of the sacrifice.

It has come to our attention that there are some activities being planned in the village over the 'Fairport' weekend in August. We feel we must stress that this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the festival and in no way do we approve. Furthermore, for the sake of the villagers, we implore you good people to please stay away from Cropredy this August. The virus is still rampant and the health authorities are warning of a second wave. The worst thing for Cropredy is for folk from around the country to travel to the village.

Yes, we are all going to miss the festival. No one wants to be in Cropredy that weekend more than us. It's where we belong. But this is a sacrifice we must make for the safety of all and the future of the festival.

Please, put the villagers first and give Cropredy a miss this year.

We will be doing something VERY special on 15 August to celebrate Cropredy which you can enjoy from your own homes and gardens. More on that later today!

Thank you
Simon, Peggy, Ric, Chris, Gerry and Gareth"

Said the straight man, to the late man...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: