TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 30, 2020, 03:54:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rescheduled Gigs  (Read 3971 times)
Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 10:13:27 AM »

As expected Union Chapel have just announced that FAUN's only UK gig of the year on April 25th is cancelled. Only surprise is that it took them until now to do it.

They will reschedule it for a later date.
wayne stote

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2020, 03:51:22 PM »

As expected Union Chapel have just announced that FAUN's only UK gig of the year on April 25th is cancelled. Only surprise is that it took them until now to do it.

They will reschedule it for a later date.

Faun are excellent. I hope the manage a proper little tour when they reschedule. Unlikely that I'll be able to get to London but I'd love to see them live.
Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2020, 08:31:47 PM »

Hi Wayne,

I'm in North Wales but was planning on going to the gig in London.To see Faun live would be special.

Worth the journey when it is rescheduled.
wayne stote

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 09:51:28 PM »

Hi Wayne,

I'm in North Wales but was planning on going to the gig in London.To see Faun live would be special.

Worth the journey when it is rescheduled.

It certainly would be special. I'll keep an eye on the schedules and keep my fingers crossed.
garrypbrooks

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 01:47:00 PM »

From the Farncombe Music Club (St. John's Church), Surrey

Nine Below Zero: RESCHEDULED TO FRIDAY 19th MARCH 2021
Steve Harley Acoustic Band: RESCHEDULED TO FRIDAY 27th NOVEMBER 2020
Fleetwood Bac: RESCHEDULED TO SATURDAY 16th JANUARY 2021
Dean Friedman: RESCHEDULED TO FRIDAY 7th MAY 2021
Nell Bryden: CANCELLED AND WILL NOT BE RESCHEDULED
Gabrielle Ducomble: still in place for Thursday 25th June but see comments below.    

Farncombe - Hector's On The Wey

John Watterson (aka Fake Thackray): POSTPONED
Mambo Jambo: POSTPONED
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2020, 08:45:16 AM »

Not sure if I’m posting this in the right place or if it has already been posted elsewhere but I learn from Ents 24 that Richard Thompson is streaming a concert from home at 7.30pm on 10 May. Also don’t know whether it is live or not but there you go. Just thought I’d flag it up!

Born to Run (but not very fast)
DawnG

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2020, 10:01:37 AM »

This is part of the Royal Albert Hall sessions it will be broadcast from their page and is free
mickf
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Barry, South Wales

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2020, 12:26:18 PM »

Not exactly the normal run of things, but I bought my daughter and granddaughter tickets for The Lion King in Cardiff for my granddaughter's 7th birthday in July. No surprise that it's postponed, but the rescheduled date is in 2022. Luckily enough my daughter is happy to wait. Popular show, obviously.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Ancient Muse (Andy)
As nature intended
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Wales

Sometimes a redhead, always a natural blonde!

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2020, 01:47:34 AM »

Tonight, May 1st, we should have been going to see Kate Rusby and O'Hooley and Tidow at Clifton Cathedral as part of the Bristol FF. Pleased to see that our tickets will be valid for 2021, April 30th, but concerned that it only mentioned KR and not OH&T. Something to look forward to anyway.

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2020, 09:37:45 AM »

Tonight, May 1st, we should have been going to see Kate Rusby and O'Hooley and Tidow at Clifton Cathedral as part of the Bristol FF. Pleased to see that our tickets will be valid for 2021, April 30th, but concerned that it only mentioned KR and not OH&T. Something to look forward to anyway.
Clifton Cathedral is beautiful  Smiley

Confusion will be my epitaph
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 09:54:21 AM »

Was due to go and see Roger Hodgson at Cliffs Pavilion in Southend on 8 July as a belated birthday present. Now going to be even more belated as the gig has been rescheduled to 17 June 2021. So only 16 months after my birthday...hope it’s good  Grin Grin

garrypbrooks

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2020, 04:41:57 PM »

I used to live round the corner from Clifton Cathedral in the late 70s.  Modernists might cite it as a masterpiece of modern architecture, but amongst the locals it was about as popular as a f**t in a space suit
wayne stote

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2020, 06:00:49 PM »

I used to live round the corner from Clifton Cathedral in the late 70s.  Modernists might cite it as a masterpiece of modern architecture, but amongst the locals it was about as popular as a f**t in a space suit

I think Clifton Cathedral is a stunner but twas ever thus with modern architecture. I bet in 1472, there were calls to tear down York Minster for being a blot on the landscape.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2020, 06:12:13 PM »

I had the wrong place sorry. I was thinking of St George’s https://thespaces.com/bristols-church-concert-hall-st-georges-is-getting-a-minimalist-addition/

Confusion will be my epitaph
garrypbrooks

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2020, 07:22:28 PM »

I had the wrong place sorry. I was thinking of St George’s https://thespaces.com/bristols-church-concert-hall-st-georges-is-getting-a-minimalist-addition/

St George's is a great venue - I've been to the Bristol Folk Festival there twice.
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2020, 08:24:58 PM »

FolkEast 2020 is now cancelled. Was to be on 21-23 August but now postponed to 20-22 August 2021 but most of the line-up has been retained. Not sure if this was already known but I’ve just had an email from the organisers.

John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Austin

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2020, 12:43:45 AM »

Most of the midsized venues in Austin are still selling tickets for shows scheduled for late June/early July.  The Monkees are still on for late July, allegedly.

I'm skeptical.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Bedding down in Bridport for a few months

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2020, 08:54:08 AM »

Most of the midsized venues in Austin are still selling tickets for shows scheduled for late June/early July.  The Monkees are still on for late July, allegedly.

I'm skeptical.

More importantly, perhaps, would you be perfectly happy to go whenever the shows start again?

If you know of a nice property to rent in 'Mid Wales' (Powys really, possibly Ceredigion/Monmouthshire) for a year from Aug 2020 do please drop me a line.  Many thanks!
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Austin

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2020, 03:57:40 PM »

I'm skeptical.

More importantly, perhaps, would you be perfectly happy to go whenever the shows start again?

Perfectly happy? No... I really don't want to see strangers sitting shoulder-to-shoulder right now, even wearing masks. It's unavoidable at the theaters in question. Mrs. J From A and I reserved a detached bar table for both of the July shows, so we would be better able to keep our distance, at least, although I don't know that I could persuade her to accompany me.
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Global Moderator

officially an old bat.

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2020, 08:54:49 AM »

Big Big Train have sadly announced the cancellation of their European tour
Following the announcement today of the cancellation of the Ramblin Man festival, Big Big Train are very sorry to announce the cancellation of the band’s shows in the UK, the Netherlands, Germany and Italy in July due to the coronavirus.

David Longdon comments: “We have of course continued to monitor events regarding coronavirus closely in recent weeks. With the restrictions that have been entirely understandably imposed by European governments, in conjunction with the promoters of our six shows in July we have bowed to the inevitable and been forced to cancel these concerts.”

“We were hugely looking forward to all the shows, including making our debut at the legendary Friars in Aylesbury, returning to Germany and the Netherlands and playing for the first time ever in Italy,” Greg Spawton adds. “Sadly however, it is not to be in 2020. We are instead now focusing our efforts on writing and recording a new Big Big Train studio album which we plan to release next summer. We intend to return to playing live following the completion of our next album. We expect to visit all the countries that were on the schedule for 2020 as well as adding further countries to the tour and have some exciting further news about our future live plans which we will announce shortly.”

Ticket holders should contact their point of sale for concert ticket refunds. The shows affected are:

Thursday 16 July – Friars, Aylesbury, UK
Saturday 18 July – Ramblin’ Man Festival, Kent, UK
Monday 20 July – Stadstheater, Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
Tuesday 21 July – Lichtburg, Essen, Germany
Thursday 23 July – Konzerthaus, Karlsruhe, Germany
Friday 24 July – Phenomenon, Fontaneto D’Agogna, Italy

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: