TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
October 28, 2021, 07:42:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid-19/Coronavirus - Whence festivals?  (Read 16524 times)
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2020, 04:12:06 PM »

So, like I said, all on a knife edge. Good luck to us all.

If I was a betting man, I'd say all events everywhere off until the end of June. †July and onwards entirely dependent on what happens in the next month, maybe two. †Oh, go on, I'll put a quid on Cropredy going ahead....

Il have a pound with you itís off
We can settle up at the bar in 2021 †Roll Eyes

I canít see anyway a large festival that has an older demographic is going to be safe by then unless everyone is vaccinated against it.

If there is no vaccination by July 1st then thereís no way it could go ahead in reality
Mind you thereís a few weeks until July 1st and I wouldnít cancel it until then as August is still a few weeks away yet.

The one hope is that I beleive all this talk of a vaccine in a year to eighteen months is twaddle.
If a working vaccine is found in June the usual steps regards a year long testing will be skipped,it will be used in hospital on those who are gravely ill and if they recover it will be full steam ahead in July getting the old and vulnerable immunised.

They will rush it through to protect the economy.
That is the glimmer of hope...

To cheer everybody up both China and Israel think they have already found a vaccine.

Does anybody really think world leaders will wait 12/18 months to make and use it given the world economy.
Money talks

So maybe,just maybe we will be in that field come August.

I guess we will know more by July.....

I'm not sure a vaccine is the be all and end all. Identification of thrapeutic treatment is likely to happen earlier than a vaccine. Vaccination is about prevention which is better but therapy is a cure which means that the dangers of infection are considerably lower and the criticality of the situation diminishes somewhat.
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2020, 04:47:07 PM »

I am heeding all warnings and taking all precautions on a personal level, and as I type I am working from home for the second straight day (and foreseeable future). So I say this not just related to Cropredy, but frankly everything...I'm a little concerned that the more time that goes on where this is our normal the worse things will become. With no sports, no live music, festivals, no pubs or restaurants, there will be a growing movement to say 'enough' and reschedule life outside again. It is just my opinion, and I'm not rocking the boat personally, but I think as May and June roll around that people just won't be able to take it anymore and revolt. Of course I hope I"m wrong and that something does break in terms of negating this.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Wandering Steve

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2020, 05:53:33 PM »

I am heeding all warnings and taking all precautions on a personal level, and as I type I am working from home for the second straight day (and foreseeable future). So I say this not just related to Cropredy, but frankly everything...I'm a little concerned that the more time that goes on where this is our normal the worse things will become. With no sports, no live music, festivals, no pubs or restaurants, there will be a growing movement to say 'enough' and reschedule life outside again. It is just my opinion, and I'm not rocking the boat personally, but I think as May and June roll around that people just won't be able to take it anymore and revolt. Of course I hope I"m wrong and that something does break in terms of negating this.

In Italy they are having to make choices of who lives and who dies due to lack of medical equipment.
Many elderly people are being left to die.
Thatís terrible but it IS reality.

If that situation is here in May I donít think the government will have much trouble keeping people in their houses.
If they are stupid enough to disobey then Iím sure large fines will ensue.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2020, 07:54:35 PM »

In Italy they are having to make choices of who lives and who dies due to lack of medical equipment.
Many elderly people are being left to die.
Thatís terrible but it IS reality.

If that situation is here in May I donít think the government will have much trouble keeping people in their houses.
If they are stupid enough to disobey then Iím sure large fines will ensue.
Is there evidence for that? I only ask as there are so many rumours circulating that Iíve got very sceptical!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Wandering Steve

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2020, 08:10:28 PM »

It was posted online somewhere by an Italian doctor.
They were having 500 deaths a day at one point
No idea what itís like now but we seem on the same course with many not taking a blind bit of notice of the governments advice.
Given that what do we expect to happen
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Shropshire

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2020, 08:58:34 PM »

It was posted online somewhere by an Italian doctor.
They were having 500 deaths a day at one point

No, they weren't.  We need to stop sharing untruths.  There have been 475 deaths recorded in Italy yesterday - the highest daily total out of 2978 so far.  Facts matter.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2020, 11:02:18 PM »

For factual info, please see https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR2lG1xsbjo2CVLyZDKGR6-Buq4VzIvfxFEpE_Q210Egd7dItqETpxi6LsQ

The revolution will not be televised
The revolution will be no re-run, brothers
The revolution will be live
YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

Loc: West Sussex

and mastery demands a certain style

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2020, 08:40:46 AM »

I think every speculation has now been exercised and I'm locking the topic.

Just wait for official announcements.

If you really need to discuss this, go to The Corporation Arms.

Posts speculating and spreading rumors will be moderated without explanation. †

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: